Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Our 24Th Anniversary Weekend

Dear friends,

Jane and I would be celebrating our 24th anniversary Monday. The last one we celebrated together was three years ago. This year we would have found a mountaintop on which to renew our vows--as we did on our twelfth. Instead, I will stand on a mountaintop alone, remembering what was, imagining what might have been, and thinking about what yet may come to be.
I don't expect to be fully healed when I come down off that mountain--regrowing a damaged heart takes a long time--and rebuilding a wounded soul takes even longer--but I will keep moving forward. That's what Jane wanted me to do if the worst happened--keep moving forward.
That's what I keep trying to do...step by step.
It has not been easy, but you have all made it easier than it might have been. Thank you for that.
I am going to vanish for a while this weekend. I can't say exactly when that will happen because I don't yet know myself. One minute I will be here--and the next I won't. Likely sometime Sunday--but it could be sooner or later. I'll know when to go when it's time to go.
I'm taking my phone with me in case I twist a knee or blow a tire. But otherwise, I am leaving the electronic world behind completely. And for a few hours, at least, I will try to leave even the physical world behind as well. I don't want to think about cars or houses or articles or whatever work needs to be done. For a few hours, I want to be done with doing. I want to be alone with my thoughts--and then simply alone--and then simply to be.
I don't know when I will be back--Tuesday, I think, but it might be Monday night--or it might be later. Again, I will know when I know. But I will be back. I am not jumping off that mountain--nor am I going to do anything else foolish--on purpose or otherwise. I'm telling you this so you won't worry that I seem to have left the reservation. I'm going to be fine--or as fine as one in our condition ever is.
And I will likely be posting until I leave. I just wanted to write this early so when the spirit moves me I can just up and go.
Peace,
Harry

Be well, Harry.

I hope the time and the visit to the top, the rituals and the remembering, all bring some peace to your healing heart.

Best wishes for your time of solitude and reflection. We will be here when you return.

Blessings to you for your days,

*<twinkles>*

fae

Awwwww, ((((((hugs)))))) Harry.

I do hope and pray whenever you get away that you find some peace and alone time to reflect on wherever your heart takes you. Anniversaries are difficult. I hope your dear Jane will be right there with you atop of that mountain. Stay safe.

Much peace to you our friend, and know that we will all be having you on our minds. Take all the time you need, just come back, as Marty said. Wishing you peace and comfort, and strength.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Dear friends,

The Gods willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be back. No worries on that score folks. Otherwise there was no point to writing this. I wrote it so you would not worry.

Peace,

Harry

Harry,

Just be careful with the traffic. I can certainly relate to going where you are heading.

Kathy and I were married in September on the day we met for the first time. I too will be traveling with that same feeling my friend.

Stephen

Stephen, our thoughts are with you also. Anniversaries of any kind are always difficult, they bring back so many memories. Even though we have those memories all the time, special days seem to bring them closer to the heart.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Harry,

I think it sounds like a good plan to have to honor your anniversary with Jane. I pray it will be a time or renewal and restoration, as it often is when we get away and are alone.