Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Gb Kitty Is Missed

Marj37

Oh you guys!!! I found my very old you tube movies by dint of Googling for the way to do i t.

And her is my beloved Gb. I'm so glad I found them because the files are long gone.

You can see his gorgeous face when he looks up!

Your Gb looks a lot like my Chappy. I only got to have Chappy a couple of years, but he was my lovebug, very cuddly. Thank you for sharing your video with us. I wish I was good at stuff like that. NOT good at technical things. :) He has beautiful eyes.

Dear Marj,

Gb is so beautiful, and like Marty said, it's nice to hear your lovely voice. I know your own hurt is raw, so thank you for reaching out to me.

Every cat must have a box. That is an unwritten law, I'm quite sure, especially if you can believe a cat (and we do ~ sometimes). We used to have a cat named "D.G.," and he liked his box to be on top of our freezer. He could reach down and slap us on the head as we walked by. We should have known DG was going to be fun, because he was born on May 1 (May Day), a whole day after the births of his siblings.

D.G. was Amberly's cat. We got him from the manager of a business that Jerry automated when Amberly was ten. The manager and his wife, Garlan and Shirley, were friends of ours. On our way home, Amberly decided to name her cat Darling Garlan. Jerry told her that he absolutely refused to call that cat Darling Garlan, so she settled on "D.G." (Garlan loved the story, and enjoyed visits with his namesake).

Amberly and I had flown to the job site with Jerry in a little Cessna, so DG's first ride was in a plane. He wasn't afraid, and didn't get sick at all, and for these things, we were thankful. There's not much room to get away from a terrified cat in a Cessna.

I went back to the place where you posted "A Place in the Choir" by Celtic Thunder today, and Jerry and I listened to it today with hurting-but-happy hearts. How very appropriate this song is for so many of us at this time. Thank you again for posting it. I'm holding onto the belief that our babies do have a place in God's choir. Heaven is a very real place, and we will see them again. While we wait to be called Home, God gave us to each other for comfort. My heart is grateful for each one here.

I send you warm hugs,

Carrie

What a truly gorgeous cat! I love photos, but videos can be even more special. They paint a more complete picture & help solidify our memories. I know that having my videos of Chester has made me feel that I can more completely remember him. All of his mannerisms etc. i get anxious about the thought that I would forget him..or those special things that made him so wonderful. Like your GB. Thanks for sharing. :-))

What a truly gorgeous cat! I love photos, but videos can be even more special. They paint a more complete picture & help solidify our memories. I know that having my videos of Chester has made me feel that I can more completely remember him. All of his mannerisms etc. i get anxious about the thought that I would forget him..or those special things that made him so wonderful. Like your GB. Thanks for sharing. :-))

Thanks. Exactly how I was feeling, Copperpot. I sure was happy to find my little videos. See him in action completely soliidfied Gb's memories for me......I was afraid

that I'd lose the movement as time went on - I do take time to image him in my mind. This will help. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Dear Marj,

Gb is so beautiful, and like Marty said, it's nice to hear your lovely voice. I know your own hurt is raw, so thank you for reaching out to me.

Every cat must have a box. That is an unwritten law, I'm quite sure, especially if you can believe a cat (and we do ~ sometimes). We used to have a cat named "D.G.," and he liked his box to be on top of our freezer. He could reach down and slap us on the head as we walked by. We should have known DG was going to be fun, because he was born on May 1 (May Day), a whole day after the births of his siblings.

D.G. was Amberly's cat. We got him from the manager of a business that Jerry automated when Amberly was ten. The manager and his wife, Garlan and Shirley, were friends of ours. On our way home, Amberly decided to name her cat Darling Garlan. Jerry told her that he absolutely refused to call that cat Darling Garlan, so she settled on "D.G." (Garlan loved the story, and enjoyed visits with his namesake).

Amberly and I had flown to the job site with Jerry in a little Cessna, so DG's first ride was in a plane. He wasn't afraid, and didn't get sick at all, and for these things, we were thankful. There's not much room to get away from a terrified cat in a Cessna.

I went back to the place where you posted "A Place in the Choir" by Celtic Thunder today, and Jerry and I listened to it today with hurting-but-happy hearts. How very appropriate this song is for so many of us at this time. Thank you again for posting it. I'm holding onto the belief that our babies do have a place in God's choir. Heaven is a very real place, and we will see them again. While we wait to be called Home, God gave us to each other for comfort. My heart is grateful for each one here.

I send you warm hugs,

Carrie

Thanks so much, Carrie for you wonderful D.G. comments. I cry buckets when I listen & sing along to the Place in the Choir, It's so purrfect for us who

have lost our special companions.

I love the idea of D.G. in a box on the freezer swatting as you all went by. It gives me a good giggle.

I can't even put into words how special it is to have soul companions on this raw and sometimes raging grief journey.

Some times grief rages like a stormy sea; other times it laps gently.

Thanks to all. And Marty for giving us this option with all the many "rooms" in the Grief Healing"

Your Gb looks a lot like my Chappy. I only got to have Chappy a couple of years, but he was my lovebug, very cuddly. Thank you for sharing your video with us. I wish I was good at stuff like that. NOT good at technical things. :) He has beautiful eyes.

Hi KayC

Gb was a cuddle bug ; so is his brother .

If you have a digi cam or a smart phone to make a little movie then Youtube has good directions for easily loading them if you want it

online.

Hi ---- this was on Monday my kitties were 15 years old. And so this week seems extra sad again. And now it is coming

up on 2 months since Gb is gone. And 3 months since Mary's Allie is gone. How can it be???????

I'm glad we hang together.to think about and talk about our furkids - and extra special Pawpats go to Carrie having

let her darling Callie girl go on to the special angel place of no pain or disease.

I saw a monarch in my flower patch today -- right up close it came after fluttering around me - landed a foot from my shoulder

on a milkweed. I want to take it as a sign from my beloved Gb that all is well.

I now have a copy of the report from the ER that was sent to my vet concerning Gb's 48 hours there. It lets my

intellect rest as I can see exactly how they cared for him. And I am still so very glad i was there for his goodbye

moments. Traumatic as it was for me (and again the tears start) I needed to be there. And I was glad of

the choice to be.

Peace to us all.

I'm glad that is of comfort and relief to you. It helps, it really does.

Dear Marj,

I'm glad you have that report. Having answers bring relief, for they settle the unknowns that cause our mind to be in a state of unrest. Having Callie's lab reports changed nothing, but I needed to know. You needed to have those ER reports even more than I needed Callie's lab reports. Yes, you did need to be there for his goodbye moments, for that was important to you. Traumatic is definitely the word for your experience. It's SO awful.

I'm happy you saw your lovely butterfly. Your talking about your flower patch makes me want to see it. I can almost see your garden in my mind.

Peace to your heart,

Carrie

I sure miss my Gb so much.

Life is way too quiet in this house.

And Gb was my buddy when he wasn't sleeping.

Emptiness in my heart - there is no cure.

Bro Hamish seems ok --- I can get him to play sometimes.

And a PS --- haven't seen the butterfly again.

I'm glad Hamish seems okay, some animals are more resilient than others. I was worried about my Miss Mocha when Lucky died because she adored her, followed her around everywhere, but she handled it well.

You may see the butterfly again...perhaps it's saved for when you need it most.

Marj, truly what beautiful, beautiful babies! I cried through your posts because I am feeling exactly as you are feeling!

Your descriptions of the emptiness and pain you feel describes my feelings to a T.

My heart also ached for poor, poor Hamish, missing his brother Gb! I hurt so badly for him also, reading from you about

how he would sleep on the spot where Gb slept, just to feel closer to his dear brother. But I am so glad to read that Hamish

is now doing better!

I got to spend almost 21 wonderful years with my baby Spooky. He was probably 4 - 6 months old when I got him from

a friend. So we knew each other's personalities through and through and were joined at the hip, figuratively speaking,

as well as literally speaking, when he would snuggle up so close next to me on the couch as if he wanted to become

one with me. He would tuck his cute little head down right next to my thigh so tightly I always wondered how he was

able to breathe. I would take a peek and watch him sleep so contentedly, all being right with his world.

Marj, I wish for you peace and healing, for a time when the hurting will not be as intense as it is right now. I feel your pain!

Blessings!

~ Mia ~

Love reading about your Spooky pal......21 years is just remarkable. Both of your were so blessed.

It is going on the 3rd month since I let my Gb kitty be euthanized on the 26th of May ---- I have tears several times daily and even now while I type this.

When we have them as part of our lives for so long we can't just pop right back into what was normal --- there is no "what was normal" now.

Carefully creating new patterns. I say "carefully" since I don't want to make any decisions because of my sadness which would end up being detrimental rather than life giving. If that makes any sense. My Gb loved each minute that he wasn't napping, even at almost 15. I know that id his his legacy forever

on.

Edited by Marj37

Thanks Marj! I did feel blessed to have had him to love with all my heart! But as equally as I loved him as the

light of my life, that is how deep the pain now is that I am feeling. I also feel there is no more "what was normal",

because my normal WAS having him in my life, part of the fabric of my life. I know we have to move on (and in

my case not just figuratively since I am moving) but moving on requires acceptance of the loss of my babydoll

and I am not ready for that yet. With regard to moving, since Spooky is gone, I haven't as of yet continued

with my packing. My heart still just is not in it.

Just when I think I might be all cried out for now, it hits me again, the shock and disbelief that Spooky is truly gone.

I might be watching TV, or occupied with a chore, and when my mind goes to Spooky, my heart literally gives a lurch,

which I take as still being in shock that he is gone. It is only a week and a half, so to me that is still a very fresh

wound.

The other night I was listening to late night radio while laying in bed and I happened to catch a segment on grief.

They said that when we are in the early stages of grief, it is like an oyster that has gotten a grain of sand caught

in his shell, whereas it really hurts and is very raw. And that is why the oyster creates a pearl, to cover up the

painful grain of sand. The oyster was brought as an example of the pain and grief we experience. Our new

grief is that grain of sand, and then God gradually over time coats our grief just as the oyster coats the grain

of sand with material that becomes a pearl. They said that the pain never completely goes away, but by God

"coating" our pain over a period of time, it softens the pain to a more bearable level. I just found it so ironic

to hear that particular topic at this time.

I hope I get to that bearable level, because right now the pain is still very overwhelming for me. I miss my baby

so much! That empty corner where he spent his last last couple of months or more still rips at my heart.

I guess I still haven't gotten to the stage yet where I have accepted that he is gone.

~ Mia ~

I also wish to say my thoughts are with everyone currently mourning their lovey that has gone.  Such an empty space.

I miss Gb very much all hours of the day.   Even today when I was hosing down the front porch I remembered how he would be right there inside watching every thing I was doing and even a few Meows!    Other than to say I miss him so deep down in my heart that is all I know to say anymore.  Everyone one take care, please!

Marj

Every time I do something I hadn't done for awhile I find myself saying, the last time I did this Spooky was still alive.  It hurts thinking that way but I can't help it.  I will find myself relating many everyday things back to Spooky because he was, as one of you once said, woven into the fabric of my life.  It's extremely hard to undo the fabric and separate him from myself into two separate entities to the point where I can think only of myself without including him in my thoughts.  When I still had him, whenever I was out for hours my thoughts would go to him and miss him and be happy I'd see him when I got home.

~ Mia ~

I do understand, Mia.  Arlie is my constant companion, and when I lose him, it will be the same for me.  When you lose your companion, it's hard to go the places you went, or do the activities you did, and if you do, your mind goes back to when you shared that together...even eating can be a trigger when you "shared" your last bite with him/her, etc.