Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Recovering healing in every way

Kay

this this is a video of Mary with her Little Man on the sofa shortly following Shannon's passing.  I wish I could post it.  It's the cutest most peaceful moment.  

I'm sure you'll be way happier at home with Little Man & the grandsons!  :)

Butch, I am just so sorry for all that you are going through. My bout of fungal pneumonia in the hospital in Debbie's little town two weeks after she passed was miserable. It was so lonely and sad being far away from home and without Ron. I cried a lot. I refused to go to a rehab center afterward. I just wanted to go back to her house and I did.

Your situation is much more serious and I'm sure the docs just want to make sure you are "good to go". Could your son bring in Little Man  to visit for a little while? I know some hospitals allow that.

I'm awake.  It's 12:12 in the morning.  My job is to sleep.  I've been doing cardiac rehab slowly.  But they won't let me go home yet.  It's been 12 days since my big heart attack where it stopped and had bypass surgery.  I hate feel so different.  Changed.  Edgy.  Lucky.  Questioning.  Sad.  Angry.  Scared.  And like I feel the event in slow motion the heart attack the shocking getting me back and surgeons hands inside my chest.  And my head though asleep thinking of going to be with my bride.  And my head thinking I can't leave our family.  

Im going crazy.  I must be.  I saw grandsons tonight and even they asked are you okay Grampy.  I said yes but Grampy has changed. They had pictures they drew in school for me. Their Grammy would be as proud as I am.  

The hospital may let Little Man visit.  He's tiny.  Won't bark and is harmless.  As long as I'm not in ICU.  And I'm not.  

Nurses keep coming in and asked if I want something to help me sleep.  I finally said yes a few minutes ago.  -_-

Butch

Butch,

Whenever you have a near death experience as they call it (or death and resuscitation) it's like that, it brings with it a lot of emotions and it takes a while to get through it...PLUS you've had the physical as well.

You're right, Mary would be proud of the boys.  :)  I hope you get to see Little Man...and I hope you were able to sleep finally.

With all the noise, bright lights and constant interruptions, hospitals are the worst possible place to get any sleep, Butch, and I hope you will use anything your nurses offer to help you get the rest you need while you're there.

We are thinking of you, praying for you, and holding you in our hearts. In addition to your nurses, you have a lot of good people ~ family, friends, and certainly all of us here ~ who are pulling for you ~ you have Little Man waiting at home to curl up with you ~ and you have your precious Mary in charge of all those heavenly angels watching over you! 

Butch is getting discharged today.  If he didn't have his kids there, he wouldn't get to but they'll take care of him and make him mind (not overdo it).  :D  So happy for him!  Little Man will keep an eye on him too!

I'm home.    I'm tucked in bed with Little Man.  He was as overjoyed to see me as I him.  Allen has a baby monitor in my room so he and Katie can here is I am getting up or uncomfortable or whatever.  If that makes everyone happy then so be it.  It's just after midnight.  I'm off to dream land in my bed... It's still so hard without my Mary.  It's chilly here 39 outside.  

I continue with cardiac rehab but outpatient.  

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.  God is good all the time.  :wub:

Goodnight

Butch

Butch, welcome home!  I'm leaving on my retreat in the morning and am not sure if I'll be able to check in the next three days, but we'll see.  I'm glad Little Man is there to keep you company.  It's cold here too, I have a fire going.  Funny, I thought summer would never end and now it's so cold!