Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Ready For Christmas, Sort Of................

Just finished Christmas Eve celebration. Took two couples who don't have family around for the holidays to a nice dinner. They are older (70s and 80s) facing problems of aging- glaucoma, dementia, Parkinson's. It was difficult watching them, knowing what is waiting, possibly this year. Came back to my place for some Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog and chatter. Made it through the tough times. I feel Deedo approved. Tomorrow should be easier as Christmas Eve was our big celebration. 

I pray  peace, love and hope finds us all. 

Kevin, at least my roof wasn't destroyed ON Christmas!  OMG, so you do know how I felt!  You bet, the powder is easier to shovel (lighter weight), although it doesn't necessarily stay where you put it. :)

Brad, I don't understand.....you mentioned diseases and they may be waiting/coming this year?   You mean for them?  So nice of you to open your holiday to them.  Seems Christmas Eve is the special night for many of us with our spouses. Now I have to google Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog.  

Sorry Gwenivere - I was rather vague.  The two couples are all in their 70's and 80's.  One is exhibiting signs of dementia and will probably be diagnosed with Alzheimer's, two (a couple) have glaucoma, the husband is very advanced and sees very little where as the wife has both early onset glaucoma and Parkinson's.  I was referring to the fact that there is two very happy couples and they will at some time be facing the loss of a spouse.  Possibly soon given their health and age.  But then Deedo was the healthiest person I knew until she wasn't so what do I know.  I apologize for being so vague and inarticulate. ;)  Hope you have a pleasant day.

Sleep continues to be elusive to me during the night. I went to bed at 4:30 hoping to be alert about 10:00 when my son is coming to open gifts. Should have known better. Got back up at 5:30 and am watching TV. Guess I'll sleep after 1:00 PM when he leaves for work. We are having our Christmas ham and trimmings tomorrow as he has the day off and can take the flowers to the gravesites.

Last night I went to a candlelight service. It was very nice, but lonely. There is no one to call or visit with as we used to do. Things are so different now. I just feel numb most of the time.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Karen,

I wish we were closer, we could all get together and at least not be quite so lonely.  I put up my tree five weeks ago and no one has seen it but me and my animals, Arlie is enjoying the lights on it so that makes me happy.

I wish I could have gone to a candlelight service but I'm not driving in this ice/snow.  Last night was a very lonely Christmas Eve.  At least I got to talk to Mitch!

Kay,

I wish that also. As much as I love the mountains, I am so acclimated to the desert, I don't think I would be as hearty as you. It is about 50 degrees here. I would not drive on ice either.

I discovered something funny. I used to have a pretty decent voice, but tried to sing some of the hymns last night and no sound would come out, was just hoarse. I speak fine, but it was a bit scary. So, just for the heck of it, I tried singing a few minutes ago and the same thing happened. Weird!

I hope Mitch is doing ok. I know he is having a very rough time coping. I also wonder how Butch is doing. Did you ever find Fae?

Are you still going to the Christmas luncheon at the church? I hope you can drive there safely.

Good morning and Merry Christmas, went to Church last night and cooked Turkey.........House was lit up like" Chevy Chase" would do......all transparent and hollow without Angela to share it with, but it does ease the sting........now to savour some of the Captains best....take care and be careful....

008.JPG

012.JPG

016.JPG

011.JPG

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Brad said:

I pray  peace, love and hope finds us all. 

Beautifully said,Brad.It would be so nice if we all could meet at Christmas.No one sad and lonely.

My dear friends,I love you all !

Janka

Rainbow Glitter Heart Sticker