Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Husband just passed suddenly

1 hour ago, Kathryn1 said:

Thankyou, this helped me Gwenivere, we think alike. I will use this thought to comfort me in times ahead. 

Of course,there is the life after life,just don´t stop believing it,because the love never ends.

Janka

You have beautiful faith Janka.  I cannot speak for anyone but myself and my teachings were that there was life after death.  When I find that faith again, and I will, I will find that peace that passes all understanding.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kathryn1 said:

Wow kayc for you to get to this place, just wow. Reading this made me cry. You are such an amazing person to have these viewpoints. Reading this, it is so beautiful. I guess I'm selfish in that I want Paul to know me as I continue in this life, and want him to be aware of everything that happens to me. My biggest fear is that I'll change somehow and we won't know each other when I pass. It terrifies me and makes me shake. And I can't imagine never meeting him again. Do you believe in the afterlife? It's all I can hold onto just now, that someday we'll be together again. 

I absolutely believe in the afterlife.  We have a thread about it somewhere in this section.  There is no way we won't know each other, no matter how much we change physically, because we will recognize each other by our spirits, which is who we are...the body is just what houses us in this finite world.  I think they do know what is going on with us, if not all of the time, some of the time, that's just my personal opinion.

• Upvote 2

When my son was shot, he coded twice on the operating table.  The first time he said it was dark.  The next time he said it was a place of light.  He saw people that he felt he knew.  They told him he could not stay, but he wanted to stay.  Thank goodness he came back.  I believe.

• Upvote 2

I have technically died twice in my life and was brought back.  Both times I felt I had a choice to go on or come back...it was alluring to go on but I felt I was needed here so chose to stay.  It was a very peaceful place, and yes, I know what he's talking about the light.  I don't recall seeing people, but I think I just wasn't gone long enough.  I did have the experience of seeing them work on me and I could watch from above...I also saw my kids, how frightened they were (they were there).

• Upvote 1