Grief Healing Discussion Groups

As I have posted, I was chosen to take a very special trip this passed weekend. I am a BIG fan of the Long Island Medium, and a member of her fan club. She made appearances here in Houston twice, and I went both times. The first time was with my husband, Mark. He was just as excited to be there as I was. The second time, I went with a special friend from work, who also accompanied me as a guest on my trip. I was "selected" for an all-expense paid trip to Eugene, OR to attend the Live Experience show for Theresa Caputo, the Long Island Medium. I knew from the very start, that Mark was behind this. First off, I flew out of Houston on June 4, six months that Mark had died. Eugene, OR turned out to be a part of the country that Mark would have LOVED, and I think he wanted me to see it. My first true confirmation came when I raised the blind in our hotel room. Mark and I had a special joke between us, based on something that happened many years back at a family event. It involved a big metal rooster. Anyway, when I raised that blind, outside my 4th floor window was a GIANT rooster, probably about 20 feet tall. I saw that rooster and instantly knew it was going to be the trip and experience of a lifetime. Part of the trip was a personal meeting with Theresa herself, before the show started. We were ushered into her dressing room, and I received the biggest hug from her. We sat and talked like old friends; she is SO welcoming and warm. Before I knew it, she was channeling Mark. She told me things ONLY I would know. Everything I say she "told" me were actually coming from Mark. She motioned to her chest, which was her sign for something of the heart, and I confirmed that he died from a heart attack. She told me Mark lived to the end of his block of time. She also said he chose to go in order to save me from having to make a difficult decision. I never told anyone, but I looked up his medical records at the hospital he died at, and in his records it was notated that he had a blown pupil, which is an indication of stroke or brain death, meaning I would have had to remove him from life support. She also told me he saw me working on him. She said "Mark is looking at you and telling you he knows that you did everything you could do to save him". She asked if I had his wedding ring, because he saw me remove it from his hand. The only person in the room at that time, was the hospital personnel who were getting him ready to go with the medical examiner. As I did, I said "I was the one who put it on his hand, and now I am taking it off". She said he heard what I said, and that nothing was left unsaid. My mother's soul came to get him, and Theresa said Mark heard her whisper in his ear to "just hold on". She validated for me that he was in fact already passed when he arrived at the hospital.

She was able to confirm that I brought with me one of Mark's shirts, his favorite Hawaiian shirt...by telling me it was blue. No one knew I did that, not even my friend. I came in the hotel room and when I unpacked, slipped that shirt under my pillow. She told me that he touches me all the time, on my shoulders and my arm. I physically feel it ALL the time. She said, "Mark is saying that his soul is here loving you". She said my mom told her that I always put everyone else ahead of myself, and that this trip was a thank you for all I did. Theresa described how Mark was acting, and it would have been his exact personality.

I did not share to try and make anyone a believer in Theresa. I wanted to share so you can know, just as I know, that our loved ones DO see us, are around us and continue to love us. They have been freed from all their illnesses and bad things...and they are truly at peace. I hope it gives you hope to know that even though we hurt and we miss our loved ones, they are there. There were many more things she told me that just confirmed what I already knew; Mark was behind my trip and that he wanted to communicate with me. He found a way...went to the top of the line, someone he KNEW could help him. I love you, Mark.

• Upvote 1

Maryann that is just so great. I for one am certainly a believer with similar events. They do not only see us, but visit as well.

Nice things do happen to good people once in a while.

Hi. I am so sorry for your loss. Your trip sounds amazing.

I too am a huge believer is the spirits. My husband passed about a month ago. The Saturday afternoon the memorial service I had this overwhelming desire that I had to go to the beach. I was having this inner war about going to the beach or taking a nap. My normal spots were unavailable and I ended up guided, no doubt by Kevin, to the area of the beach where we had gotten married 9 years before (he died the day after our 9th anniversary). I got to the beach and there were waves and a surf contest. One of his favorites things. I watched for awhile had a cry and found this peace I needed and it's been that way ever since. I miss him a lot but he took me back there to bring it full circle. At that moment I also realized that the accident happened (motorcycle accident) where we meet 14 years ago for our first date.

When he was here he was jealous of my ability to feel so deeply and see things. Now I think he is using it to his advantage and grateful that I recognize the signs and follow the breadcrumbs when need be.

I am glad you enjoyed your trip and knew that Mark was there with you the whole time.

So very grateful for your sharing, it helps so much to hear they are still with us, still reaching out, and want to be heard. Thank you, so much, Maryann. You are a huge blessing. I too am a fan of Theresa and consider her show a kind of support group of its own, one I wish there were more of, in person, for all who want it. :wub::D

I'm glad you had a good experience and know that Mark is with you. It sounds like your trip to Eugene was meant to be!

Wow is all I can say Maryann, I think that is so exciting. From reading Proof of Heaven I found that they have a website called Eternea. In the grieving section they mention a link to find a 'certified' medium, one who has met certain objective criteria and has been tested, is:www.windbridge.org I've thought about doing it ... consulting a medium. Is that a sign of desperation?

Suzanne,

Sometimes we just want/need confirmation. The really amazing thing about this is I didn't go searching. There were many spirits at work, but I know in my soul that my husband, Mark had a hand in this. Just validation of the things I was feeling. When she told me that Mark saw me take his ring from his finger, I felt comfort and so much love. That was a moment that no one but me (and the hospital worker) witnessed...my husband knew.

Wonderful and enlightening post Maryann. Very uplifting.

In the past I would have been skeptical of such things. However, so many "unusual" things have happened since Tammy passed that I know she's here with me. I believe she's trying to let me know that she's ok.

I had a wonderful experience with a psychic also. I was directed over here by another member, thankyou. I lost my eleven year old son 8 weeks ago. From the moment of his passing I knew he was very close, if not glued to my shoulder. I went looking for a psychic maybe out of desperation but who cares. She was wonderful. She also said many things only I or my family would know. It was comforting for a few days and I still go back and listen to it when Im at the lowest of low. I was able to get a recorded copy. A reading is for validation that our loved ones still exist somewhere, it cant take the grief away but it was comforting. My sons passing was sudden and we didnt get to speak. The reading helped alot with that. My reading was over the phone, i was very nervous it might be a scam but pleasantly happy it was a great experience.

Dear Kate,

I am so sorry for your loss. The messages I received were so truly comforting, a validation of things I already felt, but just needed to "hear" it. The most wondrous thing about it was the signs that this trip was put together for me from my husband. The date it happened, the GIANT rooster outside my hotel room and the area my trip was (Eugene) was all Mark. The messages that I received confirmed that Mark witnessed everything that day he died, and continues to see and hear things I do and say after his passing. Seeing the horseshoes on my living room wall (I bought them before Mark died, but didn't hang them until he was gone), and the Hawaiian shirt that I brought with me (not even my friend who traveled with me knew about that). I never, ever doubted the deep love that Mark had for me...and this was his way of continuing to show me how he STILL loves me by giving me this unbelievable gift. I understand that I am still grieving his death, and will for the rest of my life. I still miss him every single minute, and feel selfish because I would rather have him here. But when times get hard, I will remember he IS still here, and speak to him until that hard time passes. I was given a GREAT gift, and am humbled by it.