Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mom

The place I asked about the dishes says they are a custom made Victorian set, Limoge, but they dont need them. I asked if they were rare and worth more than an estate sale. They replied theyre only as valuable as someone is willing to pay. They knew what I was asking.

I talked to the real estate lady and she is very nice, I like her. She knows two people who theyve had do estate sales. The first is a guy, who she says is very blunt, but a good guy. She also told me most have a clause in the contract that they get whatever is left over. I told her I wont do that. But this guy she spoke of can take furniture on consignment to sell any leftover antiques. Shes going to make a few calls and get back to me next week. I cant sell before the end of October but I dont want to wait til last minute.Will be interesting to walk the house with hr and get her feedback on what to do.

Poor Kodie, hopefully now he is well and relaxing. That was an ordeal for him. I can see him riding around in the shopping cart, that must have been fun. he has the best temperament Ive ever heard of.

We get clouds every daym ten drops of rain and thats it. It all goes past us to Dallas. I had to finally turn the AC on, at 82. Have to start watering and that bill will go up. I sound like a homeowner. I would love weather in the 50s and 60s. I think in a former life I lived there. 

Maybe im just crazy, but a tree on your property belongs to you and if they need to do anything need to talk with you first. People have no compassion or respect for others, only themselves. Sorry you lost the beauty of that tree.

I was remembering the house before this one, it had a pink mimosa tree in the corner. That came from cutting from our great aunt and uncles house. Here they have a redcap flowers that my aunt gave them, there's a few coming up. I forgot what they looked like until one bloomed. A large squarish dark green leaf...the flowers are like an old cloth cap and red red. beautiful. 

I was thinking about my great Aunt Dottie, she was like a second mom when we were in Chicago. Very nice lady. I realized I know so little about her and I had never asked. Now I have no way of knowing. When she was very old and dementia was robbing her, as well as becoming weak and frail, they moved her here so my folks could watch over her in the nursing home. They put her in the one our doctor had his Mom. Mom visited her every single day. The last time I visited she didnt recognize me, she remembered me much younger. My folks mentioned that I had car trouble on the drive home. My Aunt reared up in bed and cried, 'help hi, help him'. I still cry. But I wasnt strong enough to go back. She didnt know who I was but I was in her heart and her love was strong. She and my great Uncle were such wonderful people, really special.

Got my hair cut for the first time by a professional since covid started. By my dad's old barber. I so much prefer the atmosphere of an old barbershop, too bad no one is ever in there.

Peggy's estate....wow, and why the atty recommended I not file the Will. I dont know if thats the usual or just that judge but sounds excessively crazy. Funny how we are all supposed to follow the rules when its to their benefit but what affects us goes so slow.

It will eventually come to putting so many out of work. I dont know what people are supposed to do, or what I'm supposed to do. thereis only greed and no social responsibility.

I played alot with AI art software this week. It can do beautifull things that I culdnt do otherwise. But it cant do everything and messes alot of things up. Im sure theres much better out there than what the public is given. Here's a small one of a landscape. One thing it brings up is makes you think about how to describe something. And how do you describe so the software understands. 

Theyre not always realistic like a photo. But sometimes i like that better. I dont know but I think I'm going to explore making art this way...and hope I dont have to return anything.

O ordered toilet paper big pack off amazon. EVERY time they 'hand it off' to the post office it gets lost. Sure enough it made it to the facility here in town and got lost. How do they lose a big pack of toilet paper? So after a few days i got on amazon and the chat AI gave me a refund. I clearly checked the box stating it was missing/I didnt get it. Now my account shows theyre waiting for me to return it. Im wondering since I cant return what i never got of they will take my refund back. They proved your point nicely.

Did Panther see Kodie in his cone? Did he think it strange?

Take good care of yourself and the tribe. Good to hear Kodie is back. Hoping you get a quiet week.

plant22.jpg

ewgw.jpg

14 hours ago, Tachi said:

Poor Kodie, hopefully now he is well and relaxing. That was an ordeal for him. I can see him riding around in the shopping cart, that must have been fun. he has the best temperament Ive ever heard of.

I got chewed out by two people who have service dogs, said they have to be on the floor next to the cart, but that would be hard to handle with my hand injuries and loss of strength, plus it gets very crowded in there with carts and his size it'd be easy for someone to run into or over. One of them told me how someone hit her dog in the head with his basket.  I'm sure it'd be easier for bigger dogs.  Ye he has the most wonderful temperament, very sweet nature.

Yes, when you reach the point of estate sale, they take everything from the point you sign the contract and they clean up the place, part of the deal.  No one is living there at that point.  Only got $1,400 from the estate place for my sister's place, including antiques, etc.

Yes, I still can't believe that tree is gone, it's sickening that they cut a beautiful healthy tree and didn't even check with me first.

Good memories you have with your aunt.  I'll never forget telling Kodie Aunt Peggy was gone, we'd never see her again, at the moment he grasped what I was saying, he looked stunned and pawed at me about three times. It was heart wrenching. 

Heard back from my brother, it's still sitting on someone's desk. Guess all got behind during Covid and catch up is extremely slow. Could take another year or so, who knows.  Funny how the courts quit doing anything but people who pumped gas or checked groceries managed to make it to work...

You will likely have to call Amazon and talk to a real person to straighten it out. I hate AI. Never gets anything right.

I am still stunned about the Sub imploding with all five people in it. Esp. the boy, he didn't get to live his life!

The pictures are beautiful!  Here's one my neighbor took night before last...May be an image of twilight and nature

14 hours ago, Tachi said:

Did Panther see Kodie in his cone? Did he think it strange?

He didn't like it, Kodie couldn't sniff him.  They're all good now!

Tell people Kodie is your emotional support dog when they ask what issues you have, tell them stupid nosy people give you anxiety. Lol. Its not always the lead me through the crowd dog, its a comfort aid i believe. You could also tell them that peons walk and royalty rides and see if they get it.

I talked to the prospective real estate lady and I'm going to use her at this point. She seems very nice and has already been very helpful. I was up front with her and told her what needs fixing here and what my plans are and she said she was glad I'm willing to do the right thing. The carpet definitely will need to be stretched and replaced. But I dont see me putting it in. She said we can discount the cost of new carpet from the sale price. 

She had two people she recommends for estate sales and called them monday night and is now suggesting the lady. I can decide for myself what to do with whats left and she will charge 40%. But I will need to convince her to let me be here during. Otherwise I wont use her. I wont spend the better part of a long weekend at the neighbors, even if they ask. And hotels are expensive. Although that would be fun. I think the proceeds will pay water and electric for that month,

We are in the middle of a week of 100+, heat index topping 115. I forgot to water my grass this morning. I'm already losing the flowers in the sunny beds. 

Thats a beautiful sky. I bet you get some nice ones. Its kind of crowded here so I dont get to see many. Sometimes i wish it had two stories and a balcony. 

I keep asking about how much of value do you get in an estate sale and no answers. I have the impression its just one step above a garage sale and that breaks my heart. I just hope its enough to pay for repairs and heavne forbid theres a problem with the foundation. Going to see if I can fix the sprinklers myself, at least the leak. My neighbor might help me. Need some electrical work and the trim fixed, I hope thats all. I'm going to redo the wall under the reachthrough bar myself...remove wallpaper and paint. Its a small section. 

I think Kodie understands, maybe not words but moods and emotions. He really is an emotionally supportive dog.

I made some new friends, right before I droped some fireant crystals on them. Got about 8 bites and its not fun. Going to be very careful from now on. I thought it was just regular ants. Oops.

I cant believe the courts are still backed up. If I had to wait that long I'd go broke and lose the house. The estate sale lady is out on vacation this week so will call her monday. They are pretty busy so I'm hoping August and then sell the house the second half of october. Hoping the real estate lady can help with knowing what neighborhoods are safe. And need to talk with dad's taxman. I know the sale company will collect sales tax and file it etc but since there was no estate opened we have no tax number. I assume we treat it as me selling my stuff and its my income to pay taxes on, but really need his thoughts. I talked to two attorneys and both said no need to open an estate or probate the Will. My bro and I are the only concerned parties and are named in the Will. What I was told is that as long as we are ok with things its fine. My dad had asked me why he couldnt just give me his possessions. i asked the first atty and he said that was fine. I will be so happy when this is all over. however, brother wont be happy because he thinks an estate sale brings full value and that everything has increased in value, that the antiques are worth so much. And thats not true, the opposite. 

Anyway, i hope the courts get it together and get going. Sadly nothing can be done. Our heat went under 100 for a couple weeks then back to 100. Thats texas in summer. I will lose alot of flowers, my pumpkins are gone. Tomorrow I can water so will get up early. Woohoo...

Hope youall have a good holiday weekend. Do they shoot fireworks up there? Do you visit the kids for bbq or anything? Ive considered getting another small grill but somehow just havent done it yet. If Im doing it it must be soon. Wish me luck, will be calling the estate sale people Monday.

Take care

• Like 1

He's registered as both but it's as service dog that means you can take them places.  I wear the id. They are not, by law, allowed to ask and I'll tell them so.

12 hours ago, Tachi said:

The carpet definitely will need to be stretched and replaced. But I dont see me putting it in. She said we can discount the cost of new carpet from the sale price. 

Don't most people want to put in their own carpet? My place is likely going to be a tear down with no foundation.

12 hours ago, Tachi said:

I think Kodie understands, maybe not words but moods and emotions. He really is an emotionally supportive dog.

Oh he definitely understands words too! He is VERY smart!

Yesterday Jazzy jumped off the patio and landed on him, he cried and cried, it's the first time that's happened. Later she bit him and his eye and nose were bleeding, I took him home. She was very aggressive yesterday.  I think she was showing off and being the big buck because she had company over.  Iris called to apologize.  His eye is swollen, looks a lot like the other one did before surgery.  It's the lower eyelid, breaks my heart.

I took Iris for a walk yesterday where she likes to go, she can't drive yet.

Oh no! What crystals did you put on them? https://www.uclahealth.org/news/there-are-several-stages-fire-ant-bites#:~:text=The initial stinging pain of,develop into fluid-filled blisters. 

Yeah, it's been six months since Peggy's house closed, and not a word or a dime for the kids. Melissa's vacuum she uses for work (she cleans houses for real estate) went kaput. She had a great deal and it sold before she could get her $ together...I gave her $220 for her bdy to help her out, hoping she finds another good deal. 

Your brother doesn't know beans, he's nuts, sorry, all he does is cause you problems by the way I see it.  You do NOT want to do estate/probate if you can possibly avoid it!  If he wanted to handle everything then why are you there doing everything?!

I haven't been invited anywhere for the 4th and Willamette Valley has been declared high fire danger. Personally I don't think there should be any fireworks under the circumstances. Things have changed over the years. We used ti gave fireworks at the golf course, the whole community would come together, it was fun.  Kodie doesn't seem scared by loud noises, he's on alert, but not scared.  My Lucky (I had her when married to Paul and George) was terrified, I'd have to get her something from the vet to calm her.  Arlie had anxiety but not over fireworks.

I'm glad you found someone you think you can work with!  Wishing you the best with it!

yes, decided not replace but maybe have it stretched,

Talked to the estate sale lady. She was all ready to go until I told her i lived here and wanted to be in the house because I have nowhere to go. I 'culd' get a hotel for a week and the estate can pay me back. but then theres eating out, which is very unhealthy. Id have to put locks on my door and my bathroom door. Tbh I would wnt to stop by after theyre done and check the place. i would be scared to deathsomeone break into the house and steal my stuff. The way she phrased it asking me if I was planning on being gone the week of the sale makes it sound like she wants an entire week to herself. I dont know if anyone will do the sale with me there so i may have to shell out for a hotel. I 'hate' payinge xpenses and whittling away at my money. She was supposed to call me back and hasnt. She wanted pics of the things which i sent. Very nice antiques etc. I texted myreal estate agent that the estate sale lady may be coming by tomorrow because she had wanted to be here but she didnt answer either. I guess I made everyone mad. What I didnt like is that the estate sale lady strongly made the impression it was all about her making money and had nothing to do with me.

Hope Kodie is better, all dogs arent as kind as he is.

I was putting cortisol cream and antibiotic cream and covering. They stopped itching after several days and almost gone but still real visible. I think I used Ortho granules, not sure, i'd have to see the package. 

yep, no probate. Thats what the atty said too. he said for the amount and since the Will states we split and since bro has no issues, then no probate. I just have to get someone to do the estae sale and figure out how to report it and do taxes etc. I think next week io will call the tax guy. On the one hand the estate company may want to do it as dads estate. but we didnt for a dads estate. So I assume its sold as my things and my income and i would pay texas

except

as I understand it I only would pay texas on capitol gains over the value when i got the goods. Which I dont know how you figure it, anyway, will ask the tax guy.

They had fireworks in my town but couldnt see em for the overcast. They do so few fun things anymore. I wouldnt go anyway, wouldnt trust it to be safe.

Ive been going through the house and cleaning and decided to take misc stuff and place in a big box to sort later. Just want to get it as clean as I can for the sale, if we have one. I'll keep cleaning and sorting until I do. I REALLY need to sell the two rings. hate that kind of thing and I know it wont get much and that will break my heart. 

Not real optimistic at this point. The real estate agent and sale ladies are good friends so makes me wonder that they both havent replied. Oh well. 

Heatwve coming. I'll mow tomorrow before it hits. Losing my flowers from seed in the sunny beds, just too hot. lost my pumpkins already. Sad to think I wont have  yard again. Oh well, will just be soooooooo happy when we get the estate sale done and the house sold. the stress is amazingly high. I need a vacation when this is all over.

Hoping you dont get the fires too close this year. Is it pretty dry still? We all need some rain. 

have a good and quiet week. take care

• Like 1

Yes we do need some rain, it's been 90s & 100s this week, they predicted 10 degrees less, I want a refund!

It seems rude to not just get back to you one way or the other! Have you signed a contract on the estate sale yet?  They need to communicate!

My son was under evacuation and his wife/kids gone when his house was selling it was pitch black from the smoke, still they showed the house and sold it! You couldn't even see it's tremendous view!  What clinched the deal, it was a large family house with view but the guy that bought it was single and wanted it for the shop (large, my son had put in a cement floor). Go figure!

Yes it's tinder dry.

Kodie's other eye is injured by Jazzy, may need surgery, watching grandkids next weekend Fri-Sun, will call vet after weekend is over. She made it bleed and it swelled, it's been a week now.  I took him to my mammogram with me and to get groceries, he was an angel.

Wow, thats way too hot. I would have never believed you folks got that warm. We're upper 90s and the sunny flower beds are all but gone and the ivy atop the stone wall is really hurting. But I cant water extra, too expensive and wont help. 

Havent done a contract with the estate sale people, havent even had em come out. Im guessing she calls me monday. I wont leave for a week. Realtor and my neighbor say thats not right. I dont like that she acts like im there for her convenience. Nor that she wants to dictate terms. I think I've just had enough of everyone and everybody so she's out of luck. Ive been bending over backwards this whole time and i think I just broke. 

Well my phone bill is due tomorrow. So we'll find out if Boost still has problems. Every other month, and am on autopay, my bill gets paid...isnt applied to my acct...they shut it off...and i call and yell until they turn it back on. Except next time it happens im switching to someone else. 

I feel sorry for kodie. Hopefully they can fix him up. I guess thats what happens when you're a smaller dog. 

Crazy with the fires. Thats one part of living there I never heard about when I was young. Knew a guy I worked with thru YoungLife who loved to go camping and hiking up there. His photos were awesome. I'd try and send some rain your way but we probably wont see any til September.

One thing I remembered through this estate stuff. They arent my friend and they arent gooing to be dependable or trustworthy. All I am to them is dollar signs. They only care as long as they think they can make money off of me. I would be willing to go to a hoteml for the three days of the sale, with a lock on my door. I have to trust them to help me get this done but I dont trust them to be caring for my best interest. If I ever felt more alone in life I cant remember it. Maybe my divorce.But, I will make it through this.

I'm laughing about the guy who bought the house in the picth black fire fallout. I guess thats common enough it ddnt bother him.

Nextdoor neighbour told me this one. The folks across the street came over from China 16 years ago. this is their first home. My nextdoo neighbour walked out to get his paper one morning and saw the lady across the street sprinkling her lawn. She had picked up the sprinkler nd was walking around using it to water the grass manually. One of the neighbours has been helping them understand things guess he missed that one.

I have the birdfeeder put away because there are rats in the neighborhood and they come eat it. I felt bad for the small birds cause they always would sit at the window and look at Mom. It was uncanny. So I left some on the patio. Sure enough that night one was eating it. Nextdoor neighbour keeps telling me there's no rats. If I kill another one i'm putting it on his doorstep.

I went through another room. Turned over all the furniture and cleaned and cleaned all the plates etc. Fun times lol.

I hope kodie's ok and your heatwave cools off. It's always something. Know what I miss sometimes? Ice Cream sandwiches and Nutty Buddies. I miss alot of things sometimes. Oh well. take good care of yourself, hoping you get a nice quiet week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tachi said:

She had picked up the sprinkler nd was walking around using it to water the grass manually.

I had to chuckle over this.  If someone turned the water up, she'd get sprinkled!

Yesterday I fell trying to get Jazzy to drop Kodie, she was biting his neck and he was crying. She bucked me and down I went, hard.  Tell this to the bone density people! No broken bones. But broke my glasses and I'm crying about that, $390.  I cannot see w/o them so am wearing my spares, but cannot be without spares so will call and order Monday. And the worst part is I have an appt. in Nov.  Maybe I'll change it to April.  My vision has changed but they can't get me in and I don't want my renewal date to be in November.

Door to hot water tank (outside of house) warped, bees going in and out, so Jack nailed it shut, now upper corner is broken, coming off, so will have him try to nail that shut and if it comes off, we'll put a board over it.  I am much too short to reach it, he used a picnic table bench precariously perched to reach it (he's tall).  Always something. ALWAYS!!

Only slept four hours last night, will be dragging today.

5 hours ago, Tachi said:

Nextdoor neighbour keeps telling me there's no rats. If I kill another one i'm putting it on his doorstep.

Haha, I love it!  Get grape gel, they hate the scent.

Well it just doesn't quit. Yesterday my car got hung up on the curb at church (Civics are low to the ground) and the cover under the engine came down all across the front, on the ground. A guy at church wired it to something but just barely, said to drive it home but not go anywhere until a mechanic looks at it.  A mechanic will look at it but not for a week or two as paving season starts today and that is a heavy time for him. I emailed my DIL that I am without a car. She wrote back "I hope I can get my $140 back."  I ignored it.  My son makes over $100,000/year, she can afford it. Not one word about my injuries, glasses, or inquiry about my car. Never mind the hardship I go through to do things for HER!  Why doesn't she have her parents come sit for her?  There's TWO of them, and they live halfway between my house and hers!  
My BS is up again, I ate meat/cheese yesterday, should be low.  Didn't eat much.  It's just the stress.
No word from Jack about the hot water tank door.

Sorry you fell, you ok? 

My glasses are very old and I can tell i need new ones but will wait til estate is done. The sale company who were supposed to call didnt. So theyre toast. the next one Im going to try and do an auction online. No one coming to the house. I hope theyll do it. It would run 4-7 days and get a check 3 weeks later. 

yep, its always something. just take care of yourself. Is kodie ok? Sounds like his friend plays too rough.

I never had problems sleeping before surgery. now i wak up an hour or so early, no matter whe I go to sleep. Im worn out. I hope you get some sleep. Thats not good for us. 

I'm ordering grape gel, thank you. Havent heard them in the attic in awhile but will have it for the Fall.

Wow, your DIL is a trip and makes many assumptions. Im guessing her folks tell her no. My neighbor tells me not to stress etc etc etc. So I'll tell you not to stress it. just tell people 'No' and stay home and relax. I sure hope they can get your car fixed soon. Thats my big fear, having car trouble. I need to find a lace to take it for when it happens. I'll pretend to be your doctor and I prescribe for you to stay home a rest for a week. No phone, no going places, just rest and relaxation. 

Take good care of yourself, hoping for quiet for you and Kodie.

• Like 1

Aww, so sweet of you! Taking care of Jazzy today, did yesterday, she was an angel the last two days, will take a squirt gun to get her attention, although she loves water but maybe a squirt in the face would help.

Made some Keto Ravioli, wonderful! And much lower in carbs than they said, all depends on products used. Will share with Iris, she's taking her daughter to the airport today and getting groceries.  She offered but I don't need any right now, will wait.

Called eye place, they're under warranty until 8/4 but all they have is red, ugh. They're just for spares, but still you hate to get something you don't like. At least it won't cost me anything but will have to drive in and pick up before 8/4, surely the guy will get to my car by then.

Jack came yesterday and put in the post but the way he did it (didn't hook them together) it will need another one but will wait and mention it to him later.  He also nailed the door shut to the water tank, if it ever quits working that door will be busted for sure and will need a custom one built, not sure who would do that up here, only one I know of who could is my son, he can do anything, but it's always if/when...

I got the grape gel on eBay around $5 or so, never even took out of container, but it still drove them off. Also found some ultrasonic (plug in) devices on Amazon that the noise frequency drives them off, I got some for my house and one for my shop. Doesn't bother dogs/cats. 

I'm fine, thanks for asking.  I was amazed that it wasn't worse the next day!

DIL needs to consider I am 70 and come from three hours away, not easy and you can't plan emergencies.  Her parents could easily do it.  It'd mean them coming to her place as she has the dogs to take care of too and they don't allow dogs in their house or pristine yard.  But she could do it, just saying.  My little sister has the kids when she gets back from Ireland the next weekend.  I NEVER had anyone to take care of my kids, not parents, siblings, but I traded babysitting with friends, she should try that, esp. since I AM aging!!!

11 hours ago, Tachi said:

Im going to try and do an auction online. No one coming to the house. I hope theyll do it. It would run 4-7 days and get a check 3 weeks later. 

This sounds like a great deal! I hope they'll agree to it.  I pretty much need to wait for my place to be paid off before I can afford to move, have an estate sale and they'll do the cleanup.  That will be a few more years.  I'll be 80 before the place is paid off but hoping to do so sooner, was planning to at 75 but with the stock dropping, there went my IRA, so will be 76 or 77 as it stands.  By then Kodie will be aging...

Met with mechanic, bad news is not only is the front guard boogered up (he said he found one for $10) but the one that goes all underneath the car and protects the motor, etc. is MISSING, he feels it must have been missing when I bought the car. He can't find another and will likely have to go through Honda, this will cost a lot more...anything through Honda does.

Talked to Jack about second post, will take care of that too next time he goes to town...

Saturday we celebrated two 90th birthdays in a dementia care center, long day, 105 when I got back, upper 90s here. Sunday was also a long day, walked Kodie, left for Praise Team Practice at 8:30, met with mechanic, who took my car to his lift, then Sunday School, Church, kitchen, Potluck, Business Mtg, doing dishes, cleaning up food. Got home and Iris was just bringing Kodie back, looked like he did a lot of spinning on the rug when she got him at noon! :D (rug wadded up)  He totally adores her. Kodie and I went back there 1 1/2 hours later to zip her into her oxygen chamber. She's decided to do the radiation in the Fall, she doesn't want to mess up her summer.

How are YOU doing?  I'm still dealing with the wasp invasion, have a new trap coming Thursday, so much for Prime...my current trap has only ensnared one out of a thousand...:angry2:

Couldnt get any estate companies to call me back. But my realtor suggested one guy. Talked on the phone last week and he seems really good. He's coming out friday to look and see if its worth doing. If he says yes i'll hire him on the spot. Run the sale in end of August and I can stay in the home while they prep. I cant see how this place isnt worth an estate sale. I would go to a hotel Thursday and come back sunday night/monday morning. I will look at whats left and decide if I want to keep anything. the rest he knows a company that will sell the leftovers and i will get a small part. I found a hotel close thats under $70/night and supposedly has a refridgerator and a range or microwave. 

only got to 92 today, tomorrow 105 and 100+ rest of the month.

Ravioli sounds good. I was eating some danish cookies. I crave flavor. those are bad carbs so i tossed em. 

Its always something. it never fails. Wonder how long that part on your car has been missing. Good that it didnt cause problems. At least you know you can drive w/out it if need be.

I dont know if red would be fashionable or not. I just dont keep up anymore. Just for fun I wonder if they can be painted. Do you have an old pair of frames they can use? I need new ones myslf, but that will have to wait. 

I got some grape room deoderizer, is that it? havent tried the sonic ones but may get a couple for the Fall and place one in the attic and one on the patio.

DIL's parents have told her no enough that she gave up. She's not caring what havoc she causes.

had a buzzard visit for a drink from the birdbath the other day, as ugly as can be. Also had a white headed falcon on the phone wires

The people across the street that the lady was carrying around her sprinkler watering the yard? their grass is dieing so i dont know if they can use their sprinkler system. Their neighbor is helping them but...

Wow, 90s...I cant imagine it. Honestly I dont want to be around for my 80s let alone 90s. The near future scares me. 

Seems crazy to me you folks are so hot there. I always had this idea you would top out in the 80s or maybe 90. Wonder if its the el Nino thing. Supposedly when we get el Nino from the West coast we're in for a hot and dry summer. We need that la Nina. 

Sounds like life is never easy or quiet for you. You have alot more strength than I do. 

I havent had as many wasps near the house. They tried a nest on the light fixture out the front door. And a huge one in my firecracker bushes. but the expanding foam does wonders. I noticed they dont like building nests on the new paint. I need to do a walk around and check tho, wasps and spiders. And lizards will race in the door. They all want in out of the heat. 

Eh, I dont sleep good anymore. I toss and turn all night because of my shoulders and wake up about 6 am every morning and it takes a bit to get back to sleep. Now I know how Dad felt I guess. I feel ok but in a way I'm tired. 

Am searching for that hotel to go in to during the sale. Almost tempted to go early. IF I can get one I can cook in or at least have a refridgerator and microwave. And IF I can use my laptop. I was thinking I could do alot of reading and writing and work on artwork. I dont think this laptop is strong enough to do gaming anymore. My job now is to get the house ready for this guy friday and hope he decides to do the sale. If he doesnt i'm lost. 

Here's to hoping things are quiet for you. The wasps move on. And it cools off a bit. We will be 100+ thru end of month. How I miss Fall. Take good care of yourself, and Kodie and Panther.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tachi said:

I always had this idea you would top out in the 80s or maybe 90.

They say climate change, IDK. I remember it being 100+ when I was a kid. We definitely top 100 on occasion, but they say iit's unusual to be so consistently hot day after day in July.  Don't want to know what August will be like. I'd like to enjoy my summer but it's hard when it's so hot. Yes we're in el Nino.

You'll have to be clear with the Estate place about what you're taking with you when you go, normally people move what they want out first and after you sign the papers, you can't take anything.  Your brother will have to accept that. He has no choice, he's not taken on this huge responsibility, you have.

Kodie and I picked up my glasses yesterday, I don't like the color but can see well and they are comfortable. We also got groceries. Went to Iris' for shrimp curry, zipped her into her oxygen chamber and did her dishes, cleaned up her kitchen.

Something got Panther night before last, gouge him good, he didn't come yesterday morning, poor Kitty! I noticed he didn't eat yesterday...

How are you feeling?

Weve had I think 17 days over 100. But thats kinda normal for us. The record was 70 I believe, a few years ago. What they forget is that climate and temps are always changing/fluctuating. Its not realistic to say this or that is a normal. We may be in a warm trend and have real hot summers for ten years or so and then have cool ones. Supposedly right now we are in a hot minitrend within a cooling period. Way i see it people will make alot of money off climate change and not do anything good for us. by the time they figure out whats going on I'll be gone.

The estate sale guy came by today. nice fella, liked the house and thinks we'll have a good sale. Needs 2 weeks to prep. So I'd have a few people in here daytimes for a week and i'd go t the hotel. Found one thats ok and runs 66/night. Still not cheap but managable. I'll get really tired of someone coming early and being here all day. That hotel is in a good area and has a fridge and microwave. IF I can run a vpn so i can use the hotel wifi I'll take a week's vacation. 

Then i read his contract. h expects me to pay his labor costs and credit card processing fee. I figure that will take me from getting 60% to 40%. And i will keep or have that option to keep whatever is left over. I dont know if this is legit. I did ask on Reddit and was told some companies do that. the guy said most companies charge $5k off the top for labor. He tries to minimize his. but im thinking that him and a couple others prepping for a week to ten days and then three days of a full crew...sigh.

Anyway, my nextdoor neighbors know a guy who does estate sales and said theyd get a number for me. i want to ask him if this is legit and if he doesnt charge it i want him to come out.

Other than that i dont sleep well anymore. im cleaning and now polishing the silver.

I wonder what got Panther, maybe another cat? maybe a wild animal? Is he ok? not like you can take him to the vet. 

Im putting all my stuff in my room and locking it in. My cleaning supplies goes in my bathroom and im locking the door. What i have in the freezer Im taping the door shut. idiot estate guy asks me if I was selling the refridge, I had told him im stying here a couple more months, sigh.My impression is that he has not been doing well this summer. He's going to milk this one and hope it brings enough to get him out of the hole. My other worry is does he have a big enough network to bring in sales. Anyway, enough of that. Was really upset today, have to chill.

What color are your glasses? Pink or a light blue?

Groceries are good, I stopped eating pancakes...bad carbs. Down to cooking oatmeal 5 days and scrambled eggs and spam two days. 

Im tired. I now wake up at 5 or 6 am and have trouble but fall back asleep, getting some melatonin. My shoulder is much better but still cant sleep like i used to. I try sleeping on the other shoulder and now its sore. Ever since surgery all my muscles in my core tightened upsp much I cant sleep on my stomach, it really hurts the shoulder. 

One reason i want a hotel for a week is the a/c. it better have a good a/c. it stays 82 in the house and 84 in my room. Thats partly why i dont sleep well. So am hoping the hotel is cooler and i'll see if i sleep better. i havent had a vacation in over 6 years. I want to go somewhere different even if its just a hotel. Silly me lol.

Whens the last time you had rain? Might you get some before summer is over? I should move somewhere that has rain in texas but no idea what part of the state, maybe east texas.

Take good care of yourself and kodie and panther and iris and everyone. Still hoping for a quiet week for you. maybe this net week.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tachi said:

I wonder what got Panther, maybe another cat? maybe a wild animal? Is he ok? not like you can take him to the vet. 

He's okay, his ear is looking better every day. I know, right! They're pretty resilient, used to taking care of themselves. I'm thinking another cat, if a raccoon he'd have been worse off.

i want to ask him if this is legit and if he doesnt charge it i want him to come out.

Always good to get a second opinion. I know the one my brother signed up with on my sister's estate took most or let it go for very little, they had a LOT of antiques. I have thousands of dollars in craft stuff. It'd be nice to find an eBayer to sell it, I'd make more on it, but alas have found no one locally yet.  I'm thinking the estate place kept 40% but might have it backwards. People get great deals at estate sales.  Much higher quality than garage sales. To me it'd be worth it to have someone do the cleanup and just get rid of the stuff! 

What color are your glasses?

Kind of a raspberry, still prefer my old ones in spite of what all the ladies told me at Bible Study, I think they were just trying to make me feel better. I'm capable of looking in the mirror and seeing for myself.  My old ones were beautiful, kind or tortoiseshell and blue (not pale, vibrant, kind of turquoise w/o the green tone).  They really made my brown eyes pop!

Down to cooking oatmeal 5 days

Also carbs. Eggs/bacon better.

Whens the last time you had rain? Might you get some before summer is over?

I don't remember, a very light rain in June that didn't count worth spit. Normally we go all summer w/o rain except when you take your roof off, then it comes down like a monsoon! :D

This week is fairly quiet. Got the other bee trap, caught a couple (out of 1,000?) One on each end of the patio, they've quit swarming my patio door for the most part so that helps. They've moved to the carport, but the rafters are high up so as long as they stay up there, I'm good.  Start bothering my car and we have an issue!

I'm sorry you aren't sleeping.  Do you have a recliner you could try out?  Maybe it'd be a little cooler too.  I hate nights I can't sleep, usually I do well the first few hours, it's after I get up to pee I sometimes can't get back to sleep. Two hours of laying there trying is my limit, I get up and give up, it is what it is.  Last night I slept 8 3/4 hours, it was great! Also rare.

Ever since I fell in April, it hurts to raise my left arm fully, not a lot, but II still feel it. Didn't see a doctor but it's getting better ever so slowly.

Iris went to her oncologist and her cancer is aggressive and she'd said she wanted to do radiation in the fall and they said no, she needs it right away so she has an appt. coming up to learn more about how often and for how long.  She's going to have a hard time without Mike to be there for her.

Ive talked with a couple people, one on Reddit that claims they run the lergest and longest running estate sale business in their area. they said they never make the client pay payroll or processing fees. Processing fees they pass on to the customer. My nextdoor neighbors friend suggested I find a antiques furniture broker so thats what I'm looking for. They have a friend from their Church who used to be in estate sales and they're going to ask if he knows of any brokers. So i'm searching Google for brokers or resellers and trying to figure out looking at this 1990 insurance value book what things might be worth now. I dont want to have to pay an appraiser but just need a general idea what its worth. I have always thought that Ins pricing is double sale value but no idea really. And then I need to finally get to the jewellers and get the jewelry priced and try and sell. Im so afraid theyll think I stole it and turn me in. Lol Im dumb.

I think I will need an estate sale but it wont be from the guy who came over. he didnt disclose the 'Client pays the payroll' I had to read it in the contract. I wonder how many people dont read the contract. I read a comment on google where the guy was complaining he got cheated and im betting he didnt know he was paying payroll.

I decided that altho dad's money runs out after Nov I'd rather do this right than rush it and use someone who will cheat me. I'll need to take whatever money I make on the jewelry to help pay expenses.

Tortoiseshell sounds pretty. I can see where raspberry is pretty too. But it matters most what you like. I guess as long as they work. But then i'm a guy and fashion doesnt seem to matter to me. :)

I do eggs twice a week, but dont like em enough for every day, tho I might try. Supposedly I shouldnt have bacon because of the grease and its a processed food. I was supposed to have another Ultrasound to see if the sludge in my gall bladder has gotten worse. But my doctor is gone and the office has no clue. i feel ok so wont worry. 

Now that I have the new roof I'll worry everytime we have a threat of hail. We have a cool front, so a high of 99 today. Then back to 100s. 

Too bad your bees dont leave honey. Set a few jars out and they can fill em up lol. Too bad you cant sell them.

I slept pretty good last night. Got some melatonin gummies. no idea if that was it but i'll take em again. It's really too hot to sleep well but nothing I can do.

Shoulders can be a real pain. they have such a wide range of motion. Id say maybe a heating pad could help but its too hot for that. Most days id go for a full-body icepack. used to have a buddy from Canada that moved to Texas. he said summers he spent in a bathtub full of icewater. 

Prayers with Iris, I cant even imagine what she's going thru.

lets hope for another quiet week. Take good care

Bacon needn't be processed, just a cut of meat, you don't need their maple cures, etc. I like to cook mine in the air fryer, way less mess to clean up!

I haven't heard of estate sales making people pay payroll! Usually they take a cut, some percentage.  I think Peggy's was 40% for the estate place.  They do the pricing and cleanup.

I can't have gummies...sugar.  I got sick, only slept 1 1/2 hours, didn't go to church today, couldn't get off the toilet, finally took Kodie for 1/2 walk, didn't make it, had to change when I got home. Went to take him on second half and he went next door and that's it.  Looking out for me, sweet little guy!

There's a fire in a nearby town, we're getting some smoke from it, 100 acres last night 300 this morning, making me nervous.

Do you have any pictures of the jewelry, etc in the home or on your parents? Might help prove you own it.  My parents had no such things but my dad had nice antiques, I'm afraid my mom didn't value them.  My dad always had an eye for stuff.

No way would I use a heat pad in this weather! It'll heal or it won't. (I had a doctor tell me that once, it's been a joke in my family ever since.)

We went to Jazzy's today and her housekeeper turned and left when she saw Jazzy.  Oh yeah, real ferocious, she talks to me and gives me kisses! Plus for a Husky she's on the small size.  Anyway, Iris had some guy there she was telling what she wanted done, board on patio replaced, painting done, steps made...he seemed real nice, he loved Kodie.

I guess now it's my turn for weird stuff to happen. End of last week that estate sale guy came out. A bit bossy and pushy but he seemed to know his stuff. he left and I read his contract. He expected me to pay his credit card processing fees and his payroll. From what i estimated thats a minimum of $5k. So Friday he textx me a question about the estate so i ask him if he expects me to pay his expenses and he goes into a very long explanation of why thats ok and expected in the industry. I told him id have to talk with my brother. 

Over the weekend i had the chance to chat with a few people in the industry. One said that some companies docharge you their payroll but if he charges his card fees walk away. two told me they shouldnt charge payroll or card fees. And one said they are the biggest and oldest estate sale company in their area and theyve never charged their clients for either, because thats their expense for doing business. Which i agree with. 

Yesterday the est sale guy texts me wanting to send pics of his weekend sale and I tell him thanks but in talking to my brother we've decided to try some other things. Which is true. I'm selling the music and the jewelry separately. And looking for an antiques Broker before trying an estate sale. Met my folks' friends, a couple from the end of the block. very nice people. they have possible connections at church, doubt it pans out but will see.

Anyway, i tell this guy very nicely we arent using him. And he starts arguing, all in text. I reiterate that we arent using him and to let it be. he comes back with 'It isnt over, I want your sale'. That ticked me off pretty good. But he keeps on arguing...'What can i do to get you?'...and i tell him to stop and to leave me alone, to respect what ive told him before I block him and go to the cops. The idiot comments again 'Im thinking'. So I ignored him. If he contacts me again i'll go to the cops and file a complaint. If he comes here i'll call it in, have him removed, and have him sworm off the property. I cannot stand when people ignore what I tell them and just keep pushing because they want to get their way. To me he is a narcissist. Seemed nice when he was getting his way and then bullying and manipulative when he doesnt. What he doesnt understand is i know this stuff and his junk isnt going to work on me.

I found him thru my realtor, who had no idea how he was. But she wont be sending anyone his way again. 

I hope to have found a store here that might buy Dads old 78s...and he has probably close to 4-500. Doubt I'll get anything for them. maybe a dollar or two each. But who knows. If I get lucky maybe they'll buy the cassettes and DVDs as well. Would be great. People dont want the Big bands music, guess they dont sell. But Im looking at the records, all in good condition, and making a count. I'll send em an email and see if they respond. Hopefully they will come here.

And I'll go down to the jewellers. Im a bit concerned they will think i stole the jewelry but I neeed to get rid of it. Then i need to find a antiques broker, they havea website and nationwide network to sell the furniture etc. Oreven an auction house or antiques store. 

Talked to my brother this weekend and i told him i might take a big hit come december here. So he is sending me some extra money each month to help with bills. If it goes well that could cover electric and water.

How ya feeling? maybe a little virus in the tummy as mom would say, or some food. Since surgery I'm very conscious of my stomach and Int tract. It does well unless i eat wrong, drink alot of coffee. I used to fo maalox alot or pepto sometimes. but read that pepto can cause constipation. And regularity, since surgery, has become very important. my bowels slowed down and have never quite caught up, tho i get by. Gee wiz im old, talking about my bowels, lol.

Anyway, i hope you feel better now. Kodie has a real nack for sensing what you need. He is very special, like your guardian angel.

I dont have any pics of the folks with the iewelry on. These are things that were in small boxes and never worn. Of course they cant prove they're stolen but last thing I need is to have to explain the estate and lack thereof. In Texas if the will is uncontested and the value is 75k or less then it doesnt need to be probated. i dont see the estate being over 75k and my bro and i are the only parties to the estate, no debt. And this is also what the atty told me. But still...

Got the electrical fixed. Some plugs went out after that last bad storm. i swore i checked the breaker box but I missed one. My neighbor found it when the other neighbors were over. Very embarrassed but thankful. He says we can probably fix the leak in the sprinklers and wants to try the trim. but thats pretty high up and i dont want to try it. i hate for him to do it. He's very knowledgable in the building trades etc and i know nothing and its very embarrassing. but so thankfull he helps me.

How is your air quality? has that fire been put out yet? That would be so crazy to me. I guess thats the price for living in the forests. I sure wish they'd get their act together.

Good she has a handyman, did you get his name and number in case you need him to fix stuff at your house? 

guess i best get back to the records. i want to get a count and some artists and send an email to the record store. hope they want to buy these. Take good care of yourself and kodie and Panther.

• Like 1

Just a note...was washingdishes and heard what sounded like my house coming apart. An ugly woodpecker was hammering on metal somewhere. he came to the birdbath for a drink. Hopefully he doesnt hang around. i put the feeder away because a rat eats from it. But in this heat i keep the birdbath out for the birds. the bluejays were taking a bath tonight. Lol, silly birds.

• Like 1

In 1 1/2 days it grew to 4428 acres! They're letting this get out of control, just like last year's! Stupid forest service, it's like a game to them, they can bleed as much as they can by working them so let them go on for months...not the firefighters, the upper levels, management or should I call it mismanagement.

I've hurt my ankle somehow, been swelling last few days, yesterday it decided I couldn't walk. Iris saw the pain in my eyes and made me lay down, she propped up my foot, put a compression sock on it and iced it for an hour and then took us home. So I'm hobbling around, ordered compression socks on Amazon, it'll take a week, I hope they fit.

The estate guy sounds fraudulent, I'd block him on your phone but make sure to get screen shots first and take to police.  Don't respond back to him anymore, just ignore him.  Geez, just what you need!

I definitely feel what I had this weekend was a virus, not what I ate. 

Canceled my dermatologist appt in  3 weeks, could be in evacuation then, don't know where I'll be.

I just went out to feed Panther, very smokey outside. Very unhealthy, air 160, in red. It's all blowing towards us.

Hows the fires now, I know you have a bugout plan, keep water and emergency food in the car? That must be very frustrating that they cant do their jobs. Or wont. Like so much of big government these days. has the air cleared up any?

Strange morning here. We had two emergency incidents about 4 or 5 houses apart, no idea whats going on. The one the ambulance turned their lights off and left so hoping theyre ok. The other one the ambulance is still there with lights on so still working on them I guess. A cop car is blocking off that end of the street so wondering if its a crime scene. It's been such a nice quiet neighborhood. Well the other ambulance eventually left also so hoping that means they are ok. I dont many down on that end of the street. Everyone ive met is really nice tho.

Going to be mod 100s for the forseeable future. My elec and water bills lower than last year but the grass is dieing. have to mow etc tomorrow. maybe I should just get a couple goats for the grass. 

Seems we have raccoons in the neighborhood. Its been coming to the birdbath whatever it is and leaving poop. Big enough that you'd guess a dog or a very large cat. neighbor says raccoons. I think its too big for the rats. The two owls still come to the birdbath. Too bad I cant feed them. I wonder if I could ask them to eat the rats. 

Hows kodie with the smoke, poor guy. Hows panther and that ear? 

The record store forgot to reply to me about dads old 78s. They finally said that from the list of 30 or so I'd sent there wasnt anything they could use but I was welcome to bring them all in and theyd take a look. Nah, I want to sell it as a collection and didnt care to stand around while they look through all 441 records. I honestly dont think any of this will work and will probably need to just do the estate sale.

Take good care, here's hoping for a quiet week.

• Like 1