Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sanity Needed Vents

She was admitted to NW  Hospital in June and they won't tell me anything.  Dead end.  I think if she had her cellphone or tablet she would have made contact by now.  Whoever checked in here in August was not her, likely Dee, so...
The hospital did say their "census" didn't indicate her there now.  So Lord knows what rehab/nursing home, she'd be in...

49 minutes ago, Widow2015 said:

I think I remember Gwen saying Dee wasn't her given name.

I did a reverse search by that number, didn't get anything.

50 minutes ago, Widow2015 said:

I was wondering if the Church where they would pick up meals would provide insight?

No idea who it was.

48 minutes ago, Margm said:

If you could do a wellness check with police, I think they would do this.  

I did, dead end.

• Like 1

Sad that the police were not cooperative. Don't know how much further you want to pursue this, but the Washington State Department Of Social And Health services has an elder abuse hotline where you can file a report online or by phone. Funny that the police dept. Is listed as a resource for help?

• Like 1

For filing wellness checks and they did what they could.  I don't know where she is though, the hospital couldn't tell me except she's not there anymore. 

And what would I tell them about elder abuse, I don't even know the person's name or where Gwen is now.

• Like 1

For someone who was on here every day, this is a mystery, and this Dee person may have pulled off the perfect crime.  Bless her heart (Gwen), she did not have any close relatives, I don't think.  And we are nothing but a group of people who knew her closest thoughts, but we all are mysteries to her too.  Darn, we knew her so well, but we are all helpless to find her.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hello to everyone. I hope you are all well. I haven't been on the site much but I do check in every now and then, and I have been wondering about Gwen. She used to write everyday, so sad that she can't be traced. I hope with all my heart that she is OK. 

Sending you all a big hug. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Margm said:

she did not have any close relatives

None nearby, no kids, a cousin who called her once a month.

12 hours ago, V. R. said:

I hope with all my heart that she is OK. 

As we all do, thank you, so glad you're back!

Yep we're all elderly, getting older with our infirmities, but none so hard as Gwen.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2023 at 10:55 AM, kayc said:

So Lord knows what rehab/nursing home, she'd be in...

I remembered Gwen saying she volunteered at a Foss nursing home in Seattle so looked up the telephone number and asked if she was a resident.  Unfortunately, no she isn't.  🥲 Dee

• Like 3

Smart thinking though.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KarenK said:

V, so nice to hear from you. Hope you and the children are doing well.

Drop by whenever you can.

Thank you Karen. It's tough but we are doing the best we can, although those moments of utter desperation are always just around the corner, waiting to appear suddenly and torment me. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kayc said:

None nearby, no kids, a cousin who called her once a month.

As we all do, thank you, so glad you're back!

Yep we're all elderly, getting older with our infirmities, but none so hard as Gwen.

Thank you Kay. After what's happened to us, I always tend to think the worst, I was already an anxious person before, now even more so. Let's keep our fingers crossed for Gwen. 

• Like 3

Been praying for her, am still...

• Like 3

On 9/27/2023 at 2:13 PM, KarenK said:

Dentist appt. coming up Monday for mold of upper teeth. Really need a haircut. Waiting until I have teeth.

Let us know how it goes, okay?  How long will you have to wait for your teeth?
I need cataract surgeries and learned it'll be at least $6,000 copays!  How are we supposed to come up with that!  Don't have supplemental, just Medicare Advantage (UHC).

On 9/30/2023 at 1:08 AM, V. R. said:

I always tend to think the worst, I was already an anxious person before, now even more so

There are times I cannot write, at all.  I have the familial (essential) tremor and sometimes when I'm anxious, if I have to fill out papers my hands won't stay still.  I can type (sometimes) but have to go back and make corrections.  My job was a transcriptionist and it actually helped me to type faster until about 2014, when my colon ruptured from the radiation, I had had 32 years before.  Now my chin shakes so I wear my mask around my ears and just below my chin, which minimizes it.  The tremor causes no pain, just embarrassment (for me.)  I've had it since 6th grade and it has evolved to where it is now.  But anxiety is my constant companion and because of the colon rupture I cannot take (by mouth) meds that will help.  Xanax helps, but if you take it too often your body gets used to it and needs more.  Illegal to have more.  My doc won't give it to me, so I go back to my old clinic I used for over 20 years, and my doc knows I do this.  It is inherited (the tremor) and I'm just thankful my kids did not get it, or my sister, or my grandchildren. 

Karen, after you get used to the teeth, you will not miss toothaches at all.  They will rub raw places sometimes and you get dentist to smooth that out.  Good luck with that, I think you will be so happy to not have a toothache that you will love them.   

• Like 3

Kay, something is very wrong with that cost. My surgeon charged $1055 for each surgery. The surgicenter charged $2500 for each surgery. Medicare rates are set to charge half those amounts, which the doctor and center accept per contract. Medicare paid their 80% and my UHC Advantage the rest. I have no copays ever on anything. I do pay $300 monthly premium to UHC for that "privilege".

Are you sure you were given the correct info?

Going back to dentist in 2 weeks to make sure everything lines up, I guess. Not sure when I get teeth.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2023 at 9:49 PM, V. R. said:

Hello to everyone. I hope you are all well. I haven't been on the site much but I do check in every now and then, and I have been wondering about Gwen. She used to write everyday, so sad that she can't be traced. I hope with all my heart that she is OK. 

V.R. So happy to see you posted and you and your children are doing well.   I do apologize for being late in responding.  My old brain gets distracted, and I forget what I wanted to do.  Hugs, Dee   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kayc said:

I need cataract surgeries and learned it'll be at least $6,000 copays!  How are we supposed to come up with that!  Don't have supplemental, just Medicare Advantage (UHC).

kayc: What!!! That is insane.  I pray that is a mistake on whoever you spoke with in the Medicare Advantage UHC office. Dee

• Like 3

17 hours ago, KarenK said:

Medicare paid their 80% and my UHC Advantage the rest. I

You have your UHC as a supplement, mine supplants Medicare, big difference, but I don't pay $300/month, can't afford it. No, this is what I am told here, very high. How long since you had yours done? Therein could be the difference too.

I am told this by SEVERAL people here!

Panther is picking up his leg/paw again, has overused it and it's swollen again.  :( Hope he learns...

• Sad 1

Kay, my UHC is a Medicare Advantage Plan which picks up the balance left behind by Medicare. There are several levels of this plan. I believe I got this in 2013. I specifically chose a more expensive plan to avoid copays and possible outstanding balances. I was worried I might get some expensive illness in later years. The premium has doubled in the last 10 years. I believe the plan level is what is different for us. The more expensive premium, the less financial responsibility falls on the patient.

I'm just astounded at the figure you were given! Have you asked the doctor what his fee is? What does the surgery center charge? Just doesn't make sense!

• Like 2

(Seems like I told this once before).

When the screw in teeth came out as new, my oral surgeon let me know with my dentist's bill it would be $9000.  Think maybe they have gone down.  No guarantee on the teeth, they fall out and you're out another $9000 if your so disposed.  They are hidden/held-in, with what looks like dentures.  As it was, I've followed a friend along who had whole mouth extraction and screw-ins. I cannot take oral antibiotics, so I would have had to lose the teeth and go back to dentures and I could not afford it anyhow.  My friend put daily happenings with the teeth, and she had a long time of hurting and soup.  After awhile she was not putting anything.  But my cousin has a few of the screw ins and loves them. 

Good news for me and my sister.  No cancer showed on the PET scan, so she will take a chemo "shot" I think that was what it was, for awhile once a week.  Trying to put some weight on.  Took my son off the anger med and starting a new kind (actually it is old, but new to him.  Got to "coast" off the old one first. 

Y'all take care.  

• Like 1