Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi all,

I usually don't visit this section too often because I have not lost a spouse. But because I know Derek is a frequent poster, and known to all of you, I had to tell you all that we met and what a wonderful person he is. He mentioned that he came out of his way on his trip back from North Carolina to meet me and I can't tell you how tickled I was! He is a gentle, kind, loving person. His son, Carson, is a doll! Just loaded with personality and very polite. Derek is a very patient, loving father and I know Karen is proud of him. Hope all of you get the honor of meeting him someday!

Hugs,

Shell

Oh Shelley, We KNOW he's wonderful, we can tell! I wish we all could meet somehow! :D

Thanks Shell, for your info about Derek...I'm not surprised. He always sounds so gentle and caring and loving...

KayC, I wish we all could meet somehow as well - maybe we will.

I've noticed on this site that some home locations are listed and some are not - I live in the San Diego area and I know some of us live in Canada, Australia, Oregon and I believe Washington...

Love, Benita

Hi Shell,

Thank you so very much about sharing your visit with Derek, I pictured hime similar to what you describe him as... I too would love to meet others from here... I live in Canada and would be willing to travel to meet others... Take care Shelley

Derek,

Please read these posts. According to what my Mom said, you are one to put yourself down, rather that let yourself see the wonderful things you do for others.

Please be always proud of the fact that you convinced my Mama to leave my baby sisters with our dad. She had seen many single moms, but not single dads. She was impressed with the way you raise your children with thier mother gone. Now, my father will have the same opportunity. You gave him that. If not for you, Mama would have left the babies with my grandmother. Gramma is a wonderful person, but the 6 of us left have to stick together to heal, with Gramma giving us the love we need.

Don't sell yourself short, you have done a great service to the people on this site.

Randa

Derek,

Wow, what an awesome thing! I remember telling her that too but it took YOU to convince her because YOU are doing it! We all want to give you a big hug! -_-

I live in NJ and would love to meet all of you. maybe after the holidays we could plan a gathering. i would travel where ever to meet all of you. you are a bunch of great people and i thank you for all your help. maybe we could set up a weekend. lori

Lori, I live 5 minutes from you, right down Aldrich rd. in Jackson! My brother and his family live in Howell. Small world, huh? Laurie

Thank you all of you for the wonderful compliments. I have been going through a busy week and trying to get myself to bed at a decent hour so I haven't been logging on. I pulled this up tonight and it made my day. I have been having a down day today.

Randa, I am glad to hear from you, and I am glad that I had an impact on someone's life. That is what I have always wanted to do was to be able to help someone aand make a difference in someone's life. Your dad has a job ahead of him, that won't always be easy, but I know he can do it as I have.

I was thinking about trying to set something up for in the spring when I will have vacation time again for meeting some of you all. I was thinking about Kansas or somewhere up that way so it would be in the middle. I am open for discussions. I think it would be great if a lot of us could meet.

Derek

Hi Lori, You're right-- it is amazing that we live so close and yet we meet eachother here on this site. I was just driving all up and down rt. 9 doing a few things I didn't want to take care of, but had to. Sean had closed up our pool, but he had brought the filter somewhere to be repaired but I didn't know where. I found a card in his wallet for a place in Howell I thought it might be and called. They had the filter there from when Sean had dropped it off, so I picked that up. I had to close out a CD I had early to pay some bills. I am really worried about how we are gonna make it, me and the boys. I don't make enough money to keep up this house and yet I make too much to qualify for any assistance. Maybe food stamps, I might be able to get that. But before I can go down and apply there's alot you have to collect. 4 weeks of pay stubs, the kids social sec. cards (I have their #'s but not the actual cards), proof of bills etc etc... so it will be a month or more before I'll be able to go down and apply. Now I sit here with my house already clean (from the appraisal this morning) and just wait till the kids get home from school. I hate being alone now. The night's are so horrible. I talk to Sean all the time, I tell him things. I know you guys would understand it. I tell him I miss him, that I'm sorry for so many things, I tell him how much I appreciate him-- I wish I had told him that before. I thanked him for having the pool filter fixed and for taking good care of me and my boys. He was especially close to my youngest son, Sean (who has the same name) although he is not his father, just a cooincidence. But my little Sean was only 5 years old when Sean came into my life, so they were very close. I just love and miss him so much and I'm going on and on... I thank God for this site, without it I don't know what I'd be doing right now. Laurie