Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Thanksgiving Was Harder

Well yesterday, I found out that my mom is not going to be with us much longer. I don't know if I can handle losing my mom after just losing Mike, I don't think I can handle another loss. I lost two of my really good friends also in the last six months. I THINK GOD HATES ME. I can't handle it First Mike, then Marcey, and then April. Now my moms dying. WHAT THE HECK DID I DO SO WRONG, THAT GOD HAS TO TAKE EVERYONE AWAY FROM ME. They say that god does not make you go through anymore then you can handle. I don't believe that anymore, because I can't handle it anymore.

Oh Janie, I am so sorry to hear that. I don't even know what to say to you, except that all of us here care about you, and we will pray for you and your Mom. I sometimes think like that too. I wonder if God took Sean away from me because I wouldn't forgive him and wasn't treating him very nice at times. I start wondering if God took him away to punish me. But I think that really can't be true. I think sometimes things just happen. Janie, you made Mike's and your friend's lives better because you loved them. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Keep writing your feelings here. We are here for you. Love, Laurie

Janie,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother.

What you have gone through is without a doubt a tradegy. How could one survive even more. You may think right now that you cannot but the human spirt is strong and you will get through this.

I know you probably do not want to hear this right now because you are angry, but I was always taught that God is merciful and when something bad happens, God is sad for us. I know you must have read the poem Footprints In The Sand. Every morning I say a short prayer, "God, please help me get through this day without Doug." Somedays I think he hears me and other days I wonder if he did. Maybe in time you will be able to ask for His help to get through the day.

Coming to this site and having the support of all the great people here is a big help. I know that everyone here has helped me a lot. Thank you everyone!

Terry

I agree with Terry that God is sad when things like this happen. I feel so bad for you Janie. There are so many hard things that you have been put through. It is my opinion that God loves all of us. I think he has emotions just like us and to see you hurting he does cry for you. I will be praying for you. Take care

Janie

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. i lost mine in july and the pain is so bad. i don't know what to say to you, i am sorry that you have to go through all of this. i just know that God doens't do this to us. i was mad at him also but i know that he doesn't want us to feel all this pain. i will be praying for you and your mom. lori

Janie,

My faith was tested also, heavily. Your anger and uncertainty is understandable.

My Mum is pretty much all that is left...she's 77, and her days are numbered.

Although I live nearly 2000 miles away from her, we speak on a daily basis.

She's my ray of sunshine, no day is complete without hearing from her.

Whatever you decide/choose...please don't give up on "him" or cast "him" aside.

He has a tendency to work in mysterious ways.

You've done nothing wrong, and don't blame yourself! He's not picking on you.

Testing your faith...perhaps.

Regardless, I'm sorry to hear of the news.

As always, best wishes and warmest regards.

William

None of us did something wrong to bring about our losses. The Bible says it rains on the just and the unjust...in other words, stuff happens to all of us. Please don't feel responsible for the things that have happened. We are the ones left to deal with all of the pain and pick up the pieces...it's not easy, none of us asked for it, none of us deserved it...we just have it. I am sorry about your mom and hope you can have some very special time together yet.

janieb0828,

Kay is right, I know at times it does seem like we just can't take any more. Read the book of Job in the Bible, he lost everything, but he kept his faith and because he kept his faith and didn't give up after people told him to give up, he was rewarded with 3 times as much as what he lost. Please don't give up hope, we are all here for you. You will be in our prayers.

Love

Derek