Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Have Been Absent For A While

Hello to each of you,

Welcome to each of you who may be new to this site and who I many have not had the opportunity to connect with in the past. I have a history here - but have been absent from active participation for a few months. For those of you who do not know me my name is John and I lost my partner Jack to a brain tumor nearly 2 and a half years ago following a 10 moth illness. I have been absent from posting for a while - and here is the reason .......

Although I have not been contributing to this site for a while - I always read the posts that have been made here. There is a reason why I have been absent. The book I have written is almost ready to be published and this has taken up a great deal of my time. When I get closer to the actual publication date, I will share some information with all of you as well as a web site about the book.

You have all become dear friends to me and I hope that the words contained within the book I have written give each of you peace and comfort. It is not my intent to make money because of my writing this book – and I am not asking you to purchase my book. Any library – if requested should be willing to get a copy – and then you can check it out free of charge. None of this has ever been about money. It's always been about healing.

I would never want to come across to you as if I was soliciting. I seek no profits from the words I have written. My book helped me heal – and I am hoping that it will resonate with you as well.

This has been an incredible journey to see this project through to completion – and it is a major reason why I have not been in contact with each of you as much as I have been at other times. However, it is almost complete – and soon you will be able to access the book entitled “Finding My Banana Bread Man – A Journey Through Mourning” through the publisher or your local library. My web site is also almost in place.

More details will follow – my dear friends – and until then I will continue to read your posts and hope to begin “jumping in” more often.

Love and peace to you all,

John – Dusky is my handle on here

Love you Jack

Guest moparlicious

Dusky,

Congratulations on your book!!!!! I am new to this site and my beloved Dan died of cancer almost 5 months ago, but I have found this site to be more than healing,it has become my peace, serenity, and new found friends. There are so many people on here that are so warm and caring. We are all strangers when joining this site, but I can proudly say everyone here has become my friend!!!! Looking forward to reading the book, I love to read. Perfect!!!! Thank you. Welcome back!!!! Kim

It's good to hear from you again, John!! I am absent from this website quite a bit now, myself, but periodically I come in and read as much as I can.

Congratulations on the book, John! I look forward to hearing more about it when the time comes. I have read all your posts about it since you first told us you were writing a book and I am so happy for you!

Be sure to keep us posted!

Hugs to all of you,

Patti

Dusky

So good to hear from you again. I remember your posts so well when I first came here. You always had such comforting and meaningful words. I am so happy for you on the almost completion of your book and website. I look forward to hearing more and can't wait to read your book. Welcome back.

Suzanne

John, it is so good to see that you are faring well on your journey. Your book will always be a loving tribute to Jack...to the love you have for each other. I find the road after 25 months has less curves to manuver. Thank you John for being there when I could not walk alone and needed a hand to hold on to. I too read a lot but no longer feel I have much to contribute but perhaps I should post....there is hope for all of us. I've discovered that the love we carry with us sustains us.

Good going John!

Always Gene

Always

John,

It is so good to hear from you again!! I have wondered about you, how you are doing and missed your writing. I look forward to your book! No need for any disclaimers here, we all know you. Much peace to you, my friend...

KayC

Coming back in and actually posting something has been like visiting an old friend after not seeing the person for a while. You are all so special to me. The book is so close to being published - and I can't wait to share all the detail as to how you can find it to read. The web site will also be a very healing experience for you to experience. I will share it all with you soon.

Love,

John - Dusky is my handle on here

Love you Jack