Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Could This Be A Sign?

I went through a very hard week-end- with my son..... He has never given me any problems, but at age 30 here we go, it was pretty bad- I mean my tears have streamed and it has pretty much effected my whole family- my daughter and I were talking in the bedroom and I was crying, I got up from the bed and was going to the bathroom when I saw something shiny on the floor and picked it up- it was 2 gold hearts my mom wore every day on a chain along with a cross that I keep on her dresser with her picture! My husband thinks I am crazy when I talk about this. Could my mom have given me this sign? I felt she did.

Rosanne

That was a nice story. I say believe it. What we believe is really what are realities are anyhow so who cares real or no, if you believe it? That's sweet. I like to think my Dad's looking out for me. We haven't taken his ashes yet so they are here with me and I talk to him sometimes or say 'hi' when I walk by them. It comforts me.

Rosanne,

I have tended to be skeptical of those type of things. Right after my Mom died...it was exactly a week to the day, I went back to work and I felt a brushing on the left side of me...I swore I heard someone call my name. As strange as I thought it was, I let it go.

The last thing that occurred was about 2 months ago. If you read some of my other posts I have been going through a difficult time with my Dad. It's not been good. I received a nasty email from him one afternoon, I was so upset that I could not finish reading the email right away. I had to go sit in my living room to calm myself and yet that was not working. The phone rang and when I answered it....it was my Mom's best friend for the last 10 years, calling to see how I was. I think between my Mom and God...they both knew....I needed someone and of all people....not a good friend of mine, but my Mom's! To me that was a huge message from her.

Edited by LoriW

• 2 weeks later...

I believe in signs too. I got them when my dad and mom passed away. Mostly through dreams and strong sensations. Sometimes my mind has a way of brushing it off, just because. But no, when I think about it, they were definite signs. I know what the difference is between real and no real. I believe in signs. Just have to be aware.

• 2 years later...

I went through a very hard week-end- with my son..... He has never given me any problems, but at age 30 here we go, it was pretty bad- I mean my tears have streamed and it has pretty much effected my whole family- my daughter and I were talking in the bedroom and I was crying, I got up from the bed and was going to the bathroom when I saw something shiny on the floor and picked it up- it was 2 gold hearts my mom wore every day on a chain along with a cross that I keep on her dresser with her picture! My husband thinks I am crazy when I talk about this. Could my mom have given me this sign? I felt she did.

Rosanne

Hello. I believe it may very well be that your Mom was letting you know,in a not so stalwartly fashion, that she is alright. You will be too. A couple weeks ago, while descending the stairs at my mother's house, I caught her scent very strongly. It is hard to interpolate. However, it should be considered a blessed message. Yes. You are not crazy. :-)