Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hellow my friends as most of you know Im strugling 23 months to find confort and meaning in life to go on.Iv tried many differend councelors and also group therapy.So far nothing helped.The most conforting help is when I read your posts and find answers to what I post.I do have to apologise for my english not handeling the languish does not give me the posibility to expres my feelings and use the proper words.there times that Im not able to answer to many of your posts cause its not easy for me to find my words and let you understand my feelings.Today Il try my best.Thank you Marty for encuregeme to try this new therapy called E M D R.The first setion was today.My therapist asked me some questions about how I picture myself what are the positive things that helped me so far in my life and what I think that I would need to have more to help me get over this dark passage.He tried to make me understand that all positive part of me is still here and that IM the same person not half without Yiany.IM confused but I think maybe there is a pointTryingk to use ones abilities from inner self and axept thatlife will never be the same.I do miss him very much I miss his love his suport our life together .When love is so stong the loss is ever going to be easier to handle? I do hope for all of us that going on with the new therapy I can say YES.Thank you all for love and suport.I realy try to comunicate with many speling mistakes. Your far away friend TENY

Oh my dear Teny, it's so good to hear from you again, and I'm so pleased to learn that you've started this form of therapy, as I do believe that it will prove to be helpful to you. Please know that all the members of your GH family here on this site are pulling for you! Also, please know that your efforts to convey your thoughts and feelings to us are always successful. We all marvel at your ability to communicate with us, knowing as we do that English is not your first language. You may not realize it, Teny, but your willingness to work so hard to do this is evidence of your remarkable courage, determination, and strength. We all are very, very proud of you, our dear friend from the beautiful land of Greece!

Teny, I am looking forward to hearing what the therapy was like since I don't know much about it except for what I've read. I hope it will help you. I feel stuck also and not much improvement. We can understand you perfectly and I always love to see you have posted and let us know how you are coping. I really am proud of you!! Deborah

Teny, that is absolutely wonderful news! What a great step you took for yourself! And I'm SO pleased to hear you're trying some energetic-type healing method for yourself, rather than just resorting to drugs or even just the standard cognitive behavioral therapy. And if EMDR doesn't quite do it for you, there are still things like SRT therapy, TFT therapy or any number of other newer types that all seem to show great results for many people. There are countless ways and methods of healing that are now available on the planet, some of which you don't even have to be in the same location in order for them to work.

Even if it takes a little while to see any great change inside with EMDR, I hope you can hang in there with it long enough to see if it gives you any measure of relief, simply because any is better than none.

But mostly I'd just like to say.....WAY TO GO, TENY! ^_^ It's a good, solid start and I'm so pleased that you took this important step!

Teny,

So happy to hear from you. anything we do to try and move forward deserves a big hurrah! My husband died just a little over 9 months ago and I know what you are saying about feeling like you are not a whole person. After 42 years and 7 months of marriage it's hard for me to think I will ever be whole again.

Keep us posted Teny. We are all pulling for you.

Sherry

Guest moparlicious

Teny,

Hip Hip Horray for you!!!!! You are my hero and inspiration. Good for you for trying this new therapy, I wish you the best of luck. Love, Kim

Teny

I think it is marvelous that you even try to post on a site that is predominantly English speaking. I don't think I would even attempt to post on a Greek site. You do a wonderful job getting your thoughts across. Just keep it up.

Teny,

I am so proud of you for your willingness to try this therapy and I hope it works for you. As Maylissa said, there are many kinds so if this one doesn't do it, maybe another one will.

As for your english, it is remarkable! We do not have a hard time understanding you at all! You are very brave, I wouldn't know how to start, communicating in a language different from my own.

We love you and are so glad you are a part of our family!

KayC

Teny, that is absolutely wonderful news! What a great step you took for yourself! And I'm SO pleased to hear you're trying some energetic-type healing method for yourself, rather than just resorting to drugs or even just the standard cognitive behavioral therapy. And if EMDR doesn't quite do it for you, there are still things like SRT therapy, TFT therapy or any number of other newer types that all seem to show great results for many people. There are countless ways and methods of healing that are now available on the planet, some of which you don't even have to be in the same location in order for them to work.

Even if it takes a little while to see any great change inside with EMDR, I hope you can hang in there with it long enough to see if it gives you any measure of relief, simply because any is better than none.

But mostly I'd just like to say.....WAY TO GO, TENY! ^_^ It's a good, solid start and I'm so pleased that you took this important step!

Thank you for answering.What is S R T and T F T therapy? I could not find any information. TENY

Thank you my friends for beeing here for me.Im looking forward to go on with this therapy I have hope that maybe I can find a new normal in life.2 years ago like today I was a happy women satisfied with my life and thankfull to GOD that gave me my love my children and grand kids.Next day came dissaster.Even when Iv been told that YIANY had liver cancerI could not believe that he would been gone in a month.It is almost 2 years and a year and half that I met you my far away friends.TENY

Sorry, Teny. I thought I'd posted some stuff about, well, at least SRT (Self Regulation Therapy) somewhere here before. You could try the "Search" button (top of the right-hand side of this screen) on it to find my post, and/or see this pretty good description of it here. While I don't think this article mentions it, it's also used for grief issues.

As for TFT (Thought Field Therapy), it is similar to EFT (another similar therapy a lot of people find help with), but I thought to mention TFT instead because a friend of mine said it worked VERY well with her...and also for her own grief issues as well as many others she HAD, and now doesn't. She did, however, start by going for 2-hour-long sessions (rather than the suggested shorter ones), but only so she could get more accomplished in an even briefer period of time. And for her, that worked wonders. Like EFT, in the hands of a good practitioner with the appropriate level of training (in either modality), TFT can also be done over the phone just as effectively, so you need not have to rely upon only finding a good therapist where you live...as long as you can afford the long distance charges.

Here's one write-up of TFT - here.

In addition to these 2, there is also, as mentioned, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) [click here for the official site] and IADC (Induced After Death Communication), which uses techniques similar to EMDR therapy [IADC therapy].

IADC was what I was going to go for, but because one HAS to be in person for that and no practitioners trained in this are where I live, I still haven't managed to get to the Province where one resides. And I'd have to stay over for at least 2 days. This therapy is an off-shoot of EMDR, and EMDR treatments (or if the therapist agrees to it, alternatively SRT treatments) have to be done first, before attempting IADC therapy. But the good news is, if you already have the 'background' of either of the others done, possibly only 1-3 IADC treatments are then needed. So I've done a good chunk of SRT already, but just need to 'finish it off' with the IADC at some point.

Hope this helps, and as others have said, you're perfectly understandable in what you write here. I can understand your frustration, though, in not feeling you can fully express what you'd like to say. But you COULD try giving it a try anyway and see what happens! :wub: