Grief Healing Discussion Groups

2 Years Today

Hello Everyone..today is 2 years since my beloved husband Bruce died..how can that be..it was just yesterday that we were talking about all the things that we wanted to do now that the kids are all grown up and on their own...my heart is so heavy and the tears are flowing...I miss him so much..there are so many things that we will not get done that we thought that we would..like watching are grandsons grow up...do the travelling that we where hoping to do and just grow old and gray together and rock on our front porch...I know that life goes on and the world moves and changes and I have to but I will never be the woman I was before this happened to me...he was the best and most kind man that I have ever meant and to think that he made me his wife..what a lucky girl I was to have meant him and married him and had his 3 beautiful kids...god has truely blessed me ...I just wish that he was still here with me to share are the wonderful things that life still has in store for us..but I know in my heart that he is watching over us today and everyday...thank you all for being here for me these last 2 years I really dont know where I would be if my daughter had not found this site for me..you are the most loving and caring people that have ever meant in my life..thank you again...Love Gail

Dear Gail .Your words gould be mine we started to travel the road and life we did not order almost together .My 2 years were 2 months ago.I know how you feel and you know how I feel that is the best thing for us posting here.I wish that we have met in diferend sircumstances but Im grateful we found eachother the time we needed someone to realy understand.I hope you find happines again and next anniversary will be with less pain.Love from far away.TENY

Hi Gail R,

I know when I think of the fourth anniversary coming up and I can not believe it has been that long ago since I saw my loved ones last but I know how the time flies but your hurting is still so fresh, I myself had the hardest time even talking about my losses at the beginning but going into the four year I still have bad days but they are not as many and I learned to deal with them as they come... This past week I returned to the funeral home where my parents were at for another funeral and thought I would be able to handle it but I did not do as well as I thought and boy I cried alot... But I think as time goes by you learn to deal with your grief and eventhough you never get over it you are better through time because you learn to deal with it as it happens... Take care Shelley

Gail,

Is it possible that we are at two years already? You today and myself in March, how has the time gone so quickly yet it seems like forever since we have seen our guys? You and I have become best friends since we joined this group and I don't know how we would have done this without everyone here and without eachother. We tell eachother everything all our thoughts our inner most secrets and even just talk about the weather at times, but all in all we have eachother and always will my dear friend. I love you with all my heart and am here for you today and always.

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Gail:

I know how you feel. Even though it is not two years since my Alex passed, I still feel that all the things that we wanted to do are just memories. The most difficult part of when we lose our loves ones is that there is so much unfinished business. We want to travel, relax, do things around the house, and just grow old together. I hope that you will find strength today and my prayers are with you.

Love and God Bless,

Jeanne

Hi Gail,

I can't tell you I know how you feel, because I do not, it has not yet been 1 year for me however I can say.

You have been an encouragement to me as many other people as said. As you Celebrate your husbands 2 year

anniversary, I pray you do something nice for yourself, like perhaps purchase something for yourself that you KNOW,

he would have gotten you. This may sound strange to you, however I shared I did this for myself on X-mas and it

really made me feel good. Perhaps you will find the same joy.

It is amazing how the time goes so quickly and fast. My friend please remember to take care of yourself on this

special day. My heart goes out to you and you will forever be in my prayers.

Take care of my friend (((((((((((((((((((((((Gail))))))))))))))))))))))

Keeping the Faith

Jackie

Gail

I just had my one year anniversay on Sun. Like you I just think about the things we did together, wanted to do together and how the thing he most hated about dying was the things he was going to miss. I am still having a hard time trying to look to the future. I just have to live for today because all I can think about ahead is it's that much longer since we've been together.

I hope you have things to keep you occupied today. Know that all of us are thinking of and praying for you. :wub:

Guest moparlicious

Gail,

Just wanted you to know my heart goes out to you today, I am thinking of you today and always. Today marks the 17th month of Dan's death.I can't believe it has been this long. I know Bruce is always with you and I hope that you do something for you today. You have been a dear and true friend to me. Love, Kim

Guest moparlicious

Gail,

Just wanted you to know my heart goes out to you today, I am thinking of you today and always. Today marks the 17th month of Dan's death.I can't believe it has been this long. I know Bruce is always with you and I hope that you do something for you today. You have been a dear and true friend to me. Love, Kim

Dear Gail,

You are in my prayers today and I hope it isn't too difficult as you have come a long way on this sad journey. You are one of those I look to for wisdom. Like you and Bruce, Bob and I would often talk about growing old and rocking on the front porch just watchin' the grass grow. Our porch is missing a rocker, but I hold onto the memory of what it was like to dream together and hope again, for a day when our new dreams start anew.

I like Jackie's idea of buying a special gift for yourself. I found some angel wing earrings last year and when I wear them, I feel like I am wrapped in Bob.

All my best,

Kath

Thank you Fred..we can only hope that this is the year that it get easier..most days are not as bad but the anniverary of our spouses death is a hard one...who would have thought that 2 years ago we would have made it this far..but we have and with the help of our friends here we will..thanks again..Love Gail

Hello Everyone..today is 2 years since my beloved husband Bruce died..how can that be..it was just yesterday that we were talking about all the things that we wanted to do now that the kids are all grown up and on their own...my heart is so heavy and the tears are flowing...I miss him so much..there are so many things that we will not get done that we thought that we would..like watching are grandsons grow up...do the travelling that we where hoping to do and just grow old and gray together and rock on our front porch...I know that life goes on and the world moves and changes and I have to but I will never be the woman I was before this happened to me...he was the best and most kind man that I have ever meant and to think that he made me his wife..what a lucky girl I was to have meant him and married him and had his 3 beautiful kids...god has truely blessed me ...I just wish that he was still here with me to share are the wonderful things that life still has in store for us..but I know in my heart that he is watching over us today and everyday...thank you all for being here for me these last 2 years I really dont know where I would be if my daughter had not found this site for me..you are the most loving and caring people that have ever meant in my life..thank you again...Love Gail

Hi Gail

How are you doing today? i aws a bit better at work today. Much more energised than the past weeks and I praise God for this blessing. I am waiting in a spirit of expectancy ( faith I guess) for God to just show me in a real way taht He loves me

I jsut so need Gods healing I feel so empty and broken and useless. I miss Walter so much. I also feel a bit envious when othesr speak of how God is blessing them..then I ask myself whats wrong with me Gail? Erica xxx

Gail,

It's hard to understand how time passes while our worlds were frozen in time "the day of..."

We miss them more with each passing day as the realization comes home to us all the more how unique and irreplaceable they were in our hearts.

I hope your day is going okay as the memories come...how could we have known we'd still be here a year from the day, two years, from, etc.

Love,

KayC

Gail,

I am new to posting here. However, I have read many of your posts and we are on a similar time frame, as next week it will be 2 years since I lost my husband. He was 61 and we had been married 36 years. It is very comforting to know that so many others have the same feelings that I have experienced and am still experiencing. My thoughts are with you and others on this board as we go through these anniversaries. I have already been helped by reading all your posts. Thanks for expressing your feelings so freely as it is so helpful to me.

Hugs and all the best to you,

Brenda