Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss Of Husband

I lost my husband on 7/8/09. We were both involved in a motorcycle accident. I had a broken tibia, 2 compression fractures of T8 T9, subarachnoid hemmorage and numberous road rash on. My husband had a severe leg fracture. Though he came through operation okay and I was told we would both be okay, he developed a blood clot to his heart and died. Yep, shock, trying to heal my body, dealing with financial stuff, and dealing with non-compassionate sister'in laws, and overgrief stricken sons and daughter in law. I'm stressed.

I too am very sorry to read about your loss. Please keep posting here - I have found that it helps so much, esp. when you don't have brilliant support (ie sister in laws).

Please try and eat a little and sleep when you can, we are here for you.

I recently found a blog written by a widow, who also lost her husband in a car crash, and she had been in the same car crash as him ... I will try and find it again, and send it to you. You may find the similar circumstances - and the blog helpful to you.

xx

Wow, I'm sure "stressed" is a bit of an understatement. It is good that you have found this forum, as people here are very understanding and are always there when you need them. Ditto to concentrating on healing and your health.

Hugs,

Korina

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband and all that you are enduring. Please take care of yourself, give yourself time to heal physically. This is a time when you need support and unfortunately we've all found that those we need usually don't help. This group is full of others who understand what you are going through, so try to get your support from us. Its all so new and such horrible circumstances, just take care, rest and recover. Deborah

thank you everyone. when I found this site I thought "Oh well, at least I wrote my thoughts down. Never expecting such response and support. Looks like I'll be around here for a while. Next week will be our 41st anniversary and his 66th birthday all in one week. Don't know how I'll cope. He was my very very best friend.

Two significant days so soon. The best I can say is to do whatever it takes to get you through the day (paraphrasing a Frank Sinatra quote I got from a healing meditations book I have found very useful). Our anniversary was just over a month after my husband died - it would have been our 10th anniversary and our first anniversary since the birth of our first child. I tried to plan the day so I would have some quiet time, and some time with friends. I am not sure what you are able to do as you are recovering physically, but I also did something special for him. I bought a couple of our anniversary flowers and a card, and took a photo. And since then, I have started lighting a candle for him every month on that day (it has now been just over 3 months). I also write him letters.

Take care of yourself (remember, besides healing from your physical injuries, grieving and crying is exhausting).

Korina

jrm,

Losing your husband, your best friend, is unbelievably painful. I send you my love as I do know what you feel like and I am so sorry for you.

It must have been such a shock to have the doctors tell you that both of you will be ok, and then to lose your partner. You need to heal your body now as you grive. It will be a lot of work and painful for you. We will be here to support you in any way we can. A shoulder to WRITE on.

Take care,

Valley...Shelley

I lost my Fred the same day, 7/8/09. Only those of us who have lost a spouse, partner or significant other, understand the depth of the greif you are feeling. And, each of us has our own personal reaction to it. I hope you will find strength and comfort through this Support Group.