Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Photos, When & Where Were Taken?

Good Morning Everybody,

I was thinking of something, when I look at all the couple photos, we all look so happy....little did we all know that when we were having that picture taken, we were happy, together and not too many cares in the world...Little did we know that these photos would be on a grief site on the internet....

Ours was taken in Kauai on our vacation after a beautiful island church service and we were happy, healthy and looking to be together for a long time...Surprise! other plans were lurking...Not to be negative, just fact...where were all your pictures taken, what was the setting....I think when we go back into our memories, we could have a healing with this walking down memory lane....Have a great Sunday....Rochel

The picture of Brian & me was taken February 1, 2008. Our good friends got married and I was her maid of honor. That date was also the second year anniversary of the day Brian and I met. We were happy and we were also sure that in a few years we would be celebrating our wedding. I also remember that the next night we went to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. These are both really good memories but, of course, they bring tears to my eyes. Hugs to everyone.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

The picture of Adrianne and I was taken on a Baja cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary in 1998. We had the time of our life. I just changed the picture to a more recent one taken in my home office this year, but I still wanted to keep the other one as my avatar pic but I guess I messed up. This site is not managed very tech savvy or I'm not savvy enough.

Ted

Oh Ted I'm sorry to hear of the dreaded date...Like I told you the grief lurks around corners and the least time you expect it boom! it is there...and you have to deal with it or it will take you down...How was church?? what was the message? I like your new picture...Today has been touch and go, you know how you get that funny feeling in the pit of your stomach...I get that in our backyard...like his spirit is floating around or something...I will say a pray for you....Heavenly Father I ask you to lift Ted out of this Heaviness Lord and give him peace and the Joy only you can give...Bless him with a good night and a good night's sleep...In Jesus name...Amen

Hi, The picture of Rick and I was taken in August 2008. It was a happy weekend and our last trip together. It was for my sons wedding. It indeed was a great weekend. The joke of the weekend was that I was supposed to be married be for my kids. Rick would say why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free. He had a dry sense of humor at times. The sad thing to me is before i left to go see my grandbaby and we were waiting for the shuttle bus he said when i got back maybe we would look into this marriage thing. He died at home two days before i was to come home. We were together for 15 years. One Christmas he gave me what I call a shut me up ring. Even though we werent married it hurts just the same. I miss him so much. Thoughts and prayers to everyone. Mrs. B

My picture was taken in February 2009 in the hospital in Vancouver, just after our daughter was born. So recent yet so long ago.

Rochel, Scott and I were married in Kauai in 1999 - we absolutely loved the island and also had the time of our lives.

Korina

Hi Korina,

Kauai, was Bob's dream...he went to their website everyday...We stayed on the north side "Princeville" on the bluff overlooking the ocean...It was fantastic...I will attempt to put some pictures up for you...don't know how, but I will find out...It would be very cool to get married in Kauai...you two were blessed...Did you take any pictures?? Have a good day with your lil one.... Rochel

I had some of our wedding photos scanned for Scott's funeral and memorial. I will try and post them soon. We got married on the last estate on the road past Princeville going west, before the road ends and the park starts. It was wonderful (and he was so nervous - it really was endearing!).

Korina

This picture was one of many we took that day, trying to get a new band picture. I cut off his nephew, Corey, who was playing with us at that time. It was taken in Late August / early September of 2008. Just when his early symptoms started, but we had no knowledge of what they really were until months later. You can just see Corey's guitar head in the picture. As it turned out, Corey was also in a dinner theatre group and had to make the decision to leave the band a month later. We had someone fill in on our last gig December 21st, 2008. Randy was starting to have trouble standing, but we thought is was from being sick. At one point he was sort of leaning over his mandolin, sitting on a stool, hardly playing, and I thought he was falling asleep. He later said that he just loved the way I playing a fiddle tune, he just wanted to listen. It was very sweet, yet somewhat worrisome. 9 days later he went into the hospital, unable to walk, due to a tumor compressing his spine. They also found 3 more in his brain.

Sorry, I didn't mean to taint this picture I was painting. I guess I still have some anger issues. We took the pictures in a little park near our house. I didn't even know the park was there. We had to hurry because the sun was setting by the time we were done.

biggrin.gifsleep.gifhappy.gif

I love it. When Randy first decided he'd rather sleep on the couch than come to bed (long before he got sick), I was offended. But then I realized I had the whole bed to myself and my kitties. And he could fall asleep to the TV without keeping me awake. It worked.

Our picture was taken at a YMCA auction 11/5/07. Little did we know that in 22 days our lives would be totally shattered. Even though his diagnosis of pancreatic cancer came the beginning of Sept. he was really feeling pretty well. Little did we know that now his liver was totally invaded. He was so happy that night and kept saying so and so said if they didn't know I was sick they wouldn't be able to tell. He was so proud of that. It would be the last formal picture we had take before he died in Jan.

I look at that picture now and wonder if the "star" in the background was already the good Lord looking out for him.

I have our wedding picture and this picture on the tombstone to represent our beginning and end together.

I'm not sure when or where the picture of Fred and me was taken. Probably at a local restaurant within the past year. My daughter took it and I first saw it at Fred's memorial service in a slide show the kids put together. I love it because of the sweet kiss and I was laughing. Fred really made me happy. I ran across a couple of video's this week and he was being silly and I was laughing as I held the camera. I miss him so much.

- Fredzgirl

Most of our pictures are a good respresentation of the love we shared with our significant other. After 6 1/2 months I sometimes still can't believe I will never have that again. How can he be gone? But I cary on.

Rochel, Our picture was taken in 2000 It was Duke's retirement party after 32 years as a police officer in our town. We also have lovely pictures of Kauai in 2008. What an absolutely lovely place, but then everyplace I went with Duke was perfect. Yes, we all have our memories. The picture on site now is my celebration of our 41st anniversary one month after he passed away.