Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Christmas Eve Blessings

Hello All,

Justed wanted to check in as promised and wish you all glimmers of peace, comfort and just the bare necessity of getting thru these next two days. I have a houseful of people coming and not sure yet how I will get through it, the tears have been falling steady since last afternoon. Which is good..to let it out, to cry to feel what we feel. I know it has to be a very common feeling today, tonight and tomorrow. May God Bless each of you and your hearts that are sad. Thank you for being by my side. Debbie

this is my first time on this site...my family just left and they all offered options for me to continue on visiting tonight but just can't face it to be around happy people. I will at some point leave my place and head to my sons. I was reading "Resilience" by Elizabeth Edwards and she talked about support groups on line and so here I am. I lost my husband 10 months to the day today and the journey to the event of Xmas is more that I thought I could take, at times and yet what choice do we have...Sharon

Sharon,

I am so sorry for your loss. You will find so much comfort from this site. We are all on the same journey....trying to make sense of it all. You will find loving compassionate people here that will listen whenever you need someone. We truly understand. This is such a hard time of the year for everyone. I am just holding on to my memories hoping that they will ease the pain. I will keep you in my prayers and I wish you a blessed holiday season.

Take care,

Kat

Sharon,

Welcome here, I am so glad you found us all however I am so sorry for your loss. It is 9 months for me since I lost my husband. I am sitting here with my boys on Christmas eve. We just finished playing a game and are getting ready to play cards. We have a fire going, Christmas tree is lit and my son is playing his guitar for us. We all have a huge whole in our hearts but he is here with us in spirit during this very holy night. I am so grateful to God for the peace I have in my heart tonight. I did not expect it but I feel it. I wish all of you on this site many blessings in this coming year. No one will ever take this pain away from us but it is such a comfort to be able to come here and share and read. I can not thank all of you enough for being there for me over and over again so that I can, in turn, be there for our boys.

Many blessings and Merry Christmas to you all

love

laurie

Hi Everyone. Spent from 1 to 7 pm. at my son and daughter-in-law's with our 22 mo. old granddaughter. Boy she was in the party mood all day. So all the sons were at the house for their Mom. Mom really had a fine day watching her and spending quality time with Val's family. Just as the evening ended in saying goodbyes the tears came. Tomorrow I'll get over to their house again to see Dani open presents and have brunch. It's been an extremely hard month but then they've all been hard since the accident in July. I always am on here ready posts and get inspired by many. This is a road only we know together. Helping each other along in the journey has been so helpful to me. God is watching over us and will not let us fall. I include all of you in my prayers each night. God Bless and Merry Christmas. Judy

Checking in as promised on this Christmas Eve. I'm sitting at home with my son -- could not find the strength to go to my friends' parties and church. It's been three months since I lost the love of my life. This Christmas Eve is so difficult. We should be getting everything ready for tomorrow morning's brunch (which won't be happening) and enjoying each other's company. I love him with all of my heart and I miss his presence. I keep praying for healing and for that spiritual connection. But, tonight I just feel lost. I continue to pray for each and everyone of you. We have held each other up through this ever-changing grief journey. Thanks, my friends, for all of the love and support. I hope we all find a way to navigate our way through the Christmas season. Hugs and love are being sent your way.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

Hi, This is my first time also.......my husband died two weeks ago tomorrow. I went to a friends for dinner but soon after the meal I really needed to come home and be still. My kids just left last week but will be back again in Jan. for us to have Christmas together. I am looking forward to getting some comfort from this site. Bozena

Bozena, Reading how recent your loss is hits home. I recall those first days, weeks and month. So much heart ache and tears. So many decisions to make. It's been 5 months since our accident that took my Duke. I made it through those days, weeks and months, also trying to heal my body from the accident. Well I have made it. I'm healed. The tears still flow a little lesser at times. The memories help us through this fog we are in. God Bless you for he will help you through, He sees your struggle. Please stay with us here on this site. We do help each other and Marty has many sites you can go to for extra help. Judy