Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Miss The Little Things

Last summer Mike and I discovered Blue Bell Vanilla and Peach ice cream, and loved it. It is seasonal, so they only had it for a short time. Yesterday at Wal-Mart I saw a carton, and bought it. Just had a little bowl, and although it was good, it was just not as good as sharing a bowl with Mike last year. It is such a little thing, but one of the thousands of things that I miss about him not being here.

Queeniemary

Oh you're so right...I used to make cookies and put them in the oven while we watched a movie together...I've never felt the same getting a pan of cookies out of the oven, I'm missing my cookie monster! :(

We don't realize how important those little things were until we don't have them anymore. Pat was an ice cream junky and Blue Bell Chocolate was his favorite. I would buy 2 half gallons at a time and sometimes those didn't last and I would be making a special trip to get somemore. God, I miss those days.

Kat

To me those little things are the thread of our life. And the little moments are what I miss most. Today I bought my husband's favourite cookies and had to freze some because he is not here to eat them. My husband was a great cook, and what I wouldn't give for a dish of his pasta right now...with him or course. Food can be one of the biggest triggers. We were in the middle of building a cottage and I have had to carry on without him. I was out buying the bathroom vanity today and sure could of used his opinion and help. I want to keep the integrity of his design and there are things I just didn't get to ask. I miss him so much as we all miss our spouse on this site.........

My wife was very cute and had the prettiest smile I ever saw. Every time I got up and left the room, when I walked back in she had a way of smiling at me that connected our hearts instantly. I miss that smile every day, she melted my heart with it.

BW