Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Am I Nuts Or Am I Nuts..... I'll Let You Decide.

I am torn between saying nothing to be considered insane or sharing wonderful things that have been happening to me. I know you are all going to think I'm nuts. I just have a feeling. But I have to tell you or I'm going to explode. For the second time I went to a 'night out' with a few caring family members and about 50 or more strangers who have been going through grief from the loss of their loved ones. I had an experience with who I believe is an outrageously funny, kind, caring young woman who they term 'the comedienne medium' who gave most everyone in the room messages from their loved ones. She helps children with cancer mostly but also adults transition through to their imminent death. She was in a car accident years ago and the surgeons and professionals couldn't understand how she got out of the car (it was scrunched) and why she didn't need to have facial surgery even though when she came in to the emergency room all of the bones in her face were broken). (she is very attractive.) Anyway she gradually started realizing she received the gift of sensing others in the afterlife and helps cancer victims, prays over them, and does free readings for those whose lost a child, and helps others in many other ways, but because she has made this her life's work, she charges for what she calls her 'shows'. (I think the price is worth just being in the room with her, we were all laughing mostly,(which for me was a miracle in itself.) She told me messages that only I would know were from Danny, (crazy right) and that everyone whether they get a message or not left with a healing experience but not everyone is guaranteed a reading. I have felt disconnected from my husband since January 22nd when he passed but I feel quite different now. My skeptical son, my skeptical sister and her skeptical daughter got readings which are still giving them chills. They said that in no way she would know all the things she said. One woman and another younger woman both were told their loved one died from hanging and these two woman who didn't know one another said it was true. Everyone was aghast, but she said she's not a psychic and so never tells anyone anything bad will happen to them. She tries to keep it lighthearted because she knows it is a very serious matter but when you take life too seriously since we are all headed for the same place, you may stay in the same place for the rest of your life and not be there for our purpose to be fulfilled. Some she told that their husband who had passed wants them to get another person to love, and I and another widow were told that she knows our spouse was the only one for us. She told me things that I can't ignore, as skeptical as I am like Danny didn't want to die but the cancer went too far and that he wants me to live my life, to be independent, and it's not my time yet and to find my purpose, and I am half with him in heaven now, but when my time comes which is much, much later I will be with him in whole. She told others in the room many different things but to me she said that Danny said I was everything to him and he wanted to thank me for all I did for him to make him comfortable until his death. (I still have goosebumps) My son had something told to him very personal that only he knew about his 8 year old son and my sister and her daughter have had startling revelations and that our family is being helped by Danny and my other nephew who died from a heroin OD last June and that he didn't mean for his life to end that way (but it was an addiction) when our 42 year old nephew was alive he always used to say, I was told that he was afraid to die. She said many other things that no one would know. I believe that for the most part there are charlatans of course, and I don't like Sylvia Brown,(sorry), I don't believe in Tarot Cards, Astrology and I know I am a Christian deep down, but I also believe that this person that we all got a healing presence from is a person who has a heart of gold and everyone left feeling good. Both times I felt that Danny really was with me, and watching over all of us, and helping in a way he couldn't when he was here. I can't say that I am denying all of the thoughts I've felt before, but I (and I'm only speaking for myself) know without a doubt that I am at the very beginning stages of remembering Danny from the moment we met on Sept. 11, 1970 and all the good times we shared for the next 39 years. I find myself not being deep as in depression, talking and laughing more with my family, seeking other's views so that I can make Danny proud for every single moment I loved and cherished him and most of all feeling good for our precious memories. Say what you will, think what you want, I believe God wanted me to have an open mind and not isolate. There are some out there that we can consider to have certain gifts from God. I am thinking of what I can do to improve my attitude and stop being self-centered, and I'm only talking for myself, because there are so many people that are suffering out there, in pain, struggling that could use my help, I still cry hot tears when I think of my great loss but now sometimes I think of feeling joy and thinking of what I can do to help others which brings me tears of joy. Now, I regret saying in another post that I wish I could erase my memories for the pain I am in. I only pray each and every one of you can come to your own peace of mind and have some kind of hope. Hope to have a reason to live. I think it is important to be open to however we each need for our own personal pathway in life so, I AM NOT PROMOTING ANYTHING and I still feel my heart is so sad and I will still have grief and still ride this emotional roller coaster and feel sorrow for everyone who is going through this hell called grief and I keep you all in my prayers.

God bless to all and ((HUGS))

Suzanne

P.S. I wanted to make sure that you all know that I am not suggesting in any way that you should run out and believe everything everyone tells us, because we shouldn't. This has only been my experience and like I said, this site is not promoting anything and neither am I. Each of us has our own beliefs but we all have something in common which is in grieving in our own way and reaching out for help and helping when others are in need. But I couldn't help sharing the good as well as the bad.

Hi Suzanne

I dont think you're crazy at all! In times like these, we all cling onto something, anything, that can help. I wish I could hear a message from zubeir - whether its true or not. Theres no harm...

Lots of love

M

I don't think you are crazy at all, I am happy for you. I read your previous post about erasing your memories and I felt horrible for you because I understand the pain you are going through. I have shared about making a connection with my wife through a technique that was used in therapy. I have continued with my therapy and still make that connection from time to time. I thought it sounded crazy at first too but now I know it is real. Any time we can bridge that gap even for a second we need to hold on, it is a true gift. God bless and thanks for sharing that...BW

Suzanne,

I've come to the conclusion that there are all kinds of things we don't know much about, can't explain, but they're there all the same and this may be one of them. It's interesting that she became aware of her gift after her own aha moment, when she'd gone through a life-changing experience. Perhaps God uses those moments to make us aware.

It's always a good focus to want to help others and to bring something good into their lives. I believe God richly rewards someone for their noble bent.

I believe there are legit mediums and more are not. I believe they can communicate with us. They say your loved ones will tell you things to let you know it really is them I'm glad for your positive change. I've had mine delivered to me personally through dream visitations. Only from those who have known me come through. I'm not pychic but the messages were to real to doubt. Good for you.LindaKay

Hi Suzanne,

I haven't been posting for a while, but I do check out the posts, I lost my husband April 6 2010, from pancreatic cancer suddenly in 3 weeks, we were married 43 years, I couldn't stand it or believe what happened, I also went to a famous medium, I brought along my 2 sons, one is a n y c detective and the other a gov't cop, so you will figure out how skeptical they were about it, but they went along with the idea to make me happy, Well let me tell you, he told us things that were impossible for him to know, I also left there with a peace in my heart, knowing for sure that he was in a safe place, and real close to me, my sons also left there not skeptical anymore, they also couldn't believe the things he was saying, It was the best thing that I did, I was so happy, I also have the meeting audio cd, so I can listen to it anytime I want, my husband comes to me in dreams all the time, and always giving me signs, that could only be from him, he is always with me, I feel his presence always, so no I don't think you are crazy.

Take care

god bless

karen

I don't think you are crazy at all. It is truly a gift to read such a positive post from you - while acknowledging your grief, you have found some peace. I am very, very happy for your.

Scott has come to me in one dream, and my mom just recently told me about a very vivid dream she had of him, as well.

Korina