Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today Is My Birthday

So, today is my 64th birthday. I'm feeling blue. Dick always made my birthday a fun day. Always little jokes about how he was a "cradle robber". He was all of 4 years older than me. He always made me feel special. I MISS that.

I have decided that I will focus on past birthdays and just get through the day. My son had planned a nice day to share with me, but my face is all broken out with little red, extremely itchy bumps. The doctor says they are an allergic reaction to something in the yard. THEY ITCH! Have had a steroid shot and am just waiting for it to kick in. Mean while, I am taking pednison and am never far from the ice pack. We have postpone the birthday celebration to another day.

To quote Roseanne Roseannadana, "It's always something"!!

Anne <_<

Oh Anne, I'm sorry about your rash, and I hope you and your son have a good celebration when you can get together. I think you're right, we have to remember the good times and let it help us through the now.

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Anne,

My wishes for you is total comfort and a feeling of content remembering all the Birthdays Past, I know it's hard I have gone thru mine and Ruth's since she

left here, we must focus on all the positive energy we had in the past and be thankful God gave us the time we all had with our Loved Ones....I also pray you get some relief from that reaction, in a way maybe it's blessing in disguise, you will be able to look forward to celebrating as soon as your able...once agin I wish you nothing but peace and comfort today and of course happiness in the days to come.....

NATS

All these special days are tough. I just had my 71st last week, the day after the anniversary of Bill's burial....had to think hard about what I wanted to do but friends made the decision with a quiet lunch. I reach out to you on this day of your birth...I am sorry you are not feeling well with meds and rash...does not make it easier for sure. On my birthday, I was alone most of the day (by choice) so I sat and made a list on my laptop of all the happy memories I had of my birthdays with Bill. Kept me in tears but also felt good. Just in case you need an idea. I wish you as much peace as life can offer you right now. MFH

Dear Anne,

I just got in from dinner with my niece. She sounds a little like your son as she does try to make sure i get out periodically. I hope your day was as special as you are. My birthday was two weeks ago and i had hoped to do what you have planned--but my students and in-laws intervened and made it a pleasant day in a different way. The powers hat be seem to know what we actually need and make sure we get it.

Hope your rash clears up quickly. You deserve a pleasant day.

Harry

So, today is my 64th birthday. I'm feeling blue. Dick always made my birthday a fun day. Always little jokes about how he was a "cradle robber". He was all of 4 years older than me. He always made me feel special. I MISS that.

I have decided that I will focus on past birthdays and just get through the day. My son had planned a nice day to share with me, but my face is all broken out with little red, extremely itchy bumps. The doctor says they are an allergic reaction to something in the yard. THEY ITCH! Have had a steroid shot and am just waiting for it to kick in. Mean while, I am taking pednison and am never far from the ice pack. We have postpone the birthday celebration to another day.

To quote Roseanne Roseannadana, "It's always something"!!

Anne <_<

Happy Birthday Anne, I hope you carved a little "me" time to celebrate your day with at least an attempt to try to pamper yourself a little (beyond the ice packs)!

Take care, Deb