Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Job Interview

It would be challenging to make it through the beginning days but it's nothing I couldn't handle, I have a lot of experience behind me. I think my current job has hurt my confidence, I've never been shown appreciation or respect and I do a lot of the same thing, unlike previous jobs where I did a lot of different things and they appreciated me greatly. The one I'm interviewing for is part time so I'd try to get my current boss to let me continue there too so I could make ends meet. There was no mention of benefits so I'm hoping there's medical ins. once I get past the 90 probationary period.

I'll keep fingers crossed for you, Kay - as far as Quickbooks, I've gone from one version to the next (in my small business). It wasn't a major learning curve to get on board with the newer version. If you're used to Quickbooks, you should be fine. If I can do it, you can do it, woman!

Dear Kay,

I know what you are talking about, not getting the respect from upper management. The only respect I got from the upper management, was from the father who owned the company when I started. I got that after showing him what I could do and my work ethics. Also the co-owner his brother, we worked close together for a few years. He gave me a lot of respect. When I started extruding the plastic in the morning. Most of the time those machines, never stopped, I work through lunch eating while I worked the extruder. When the father handed over control to his son, he never showed me any respect. Even though if not for all my hard work in getting that place up and running when Dad, and I went to work there, he would not have had the company, with all that money we made for him. Some bosses or owners, think that they are above everyone else, but if not for your good work, he would not have what he has, today.

Just let it roll off your back. You know your skills and what you are capable of a lot better than anyone else.

Hang in there , my dear friend Kay,

God Bless

Dwayne

Well evidently I didn't get the job, it was to start today and I never heard back from her. I think I'll send her one of my hand made cards (she likes art and I picked up on her taste so I'll make it accordingly) just something like "It was nice meeting you. I understand your need to have someone who has more recent experience with Quickbooks Pro and wish you the best with the candidate you selected. If you are ever in need of office help again, I hope you'll consider me, I think it would be a great fit. All the best..."

It seemed like it would be perfect, it was close to my other job, it was four days a week, paid better than my current job, and I could continue working my current job one day a week. Oh well, God knows better than I do, maybe it's a timing issue.

Kayc,

I think that they missed a good prospect from what I know of you here, everything does somehow work out, keep looking positive....

NATS

KayC,

I am sorry you did not get the job....and that they did not notify you but left you guessing. Is there a chance they postponed start up date to do more interviews...just a thought that roamed through my mind. I think the note idea is great. There will be another job but waiting and wondering is not fun stuff.

Mary

Happy birthday Kay.

Send the card. It will keep you in her brain--and maybe she knows someone else looking for the right person.

Peace,

Harry

Thanks you guys...she did email me finally and let me know she selected someone else. I'll work on making her a card tomorrow. I've had people around constantly the last two days...spent my birthday with my sisters and then my little sister spent the night. We wanted to go on a hike today to Lillian Falls but I heard a noise in the car that scared me so we turned around and headed back just two miles from the trailhead, we were nearly 30 miles out on a gravel road. Too bad, it was a beautiful day for it! We ended up walking the trails at Greenwaters Park, it is a beautiful park in a country setting, river, etc., so we still enjoyed ourselves. Maybe when I get a pickup we can try the falls again. :)

post-914-131817538733_thumb.jpgOkay, I wrote the card...I spent an hour making it this morning, in between running off stray cats. It's 1,000 times better than the picture, I was pleased with how it turned out...I picked up on her taste in art from her office and designed accordingly.

That is one lovely card...I really like it.

Mary