Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Really Had Fun!

Last night the kids got into town! They are staying at my parents, for an hr before they went to bed...and I needing to get some rest for work today. I danced, wrestled, and when I would shoot off a cork gun, they would jump up and down, found myself doing it also with them, man my knee is so sore today! I can honestly say it was the best hour I have had in 9 months, since Mike was initially diagnosed and .......What a relief to genuinely laugh and smile.....and doing my best to not feel guilty, it is just such a foreign feeling to be that way again, for such a short time. Tonight I will stop by and put them to bed, in anticipation for more fun the next 2 days.........

Anyhow just wanted to share my fun...Take care..Dave

Hi Dave,

Kids are such healers...I am so glad for you. Enjoy! Peace, Mary

Dear Dave,

That is a sure sign of the healing progress, when we can have, fun and laugh and not feel any guilt over it. I am so happy for you, that you can, have fun and enjoy life again. Keep moving forwards.

God Bless

Dwayne

Hey everyone....doing ok here enjoying the holidays and the time seeing the kids, etc......the poor kids ended up with the stomach flu and the accompanying unpleasantries. Hope that with all the hugging and kissing I have done.......willing to bet money I am next........well worth it!!! The day has been spent seeing the kids briefly doing some last minute things......and getting the curio cabinet ready for gma, at the age of 91 she stated she had always wanted one......at the age of 91, $ 200.00 is justifiably spent! she will be surprised! I miss Mike today and wish he was present to be with us, but will continue to believe that he is watching......Best Wishes to all! Dave

Kids and dogs, they do it for me...unfortunately, I haven't had children in my life for a very long time. I'm glad you're enjoying them!

Funny to me, whenever I am around these kids......all problems seem to go away...........reverting to a kid again....during this time....... for today, mom and dad were around....taking care of me, only responsibility was to have fun.......with two kids that wouldnt leave me alone!!! Am I wrong to say or feel.....I forgot about Mike for awhile...I love him soo much, but it felt good to not be in such a state of grief....... Hope everyone found some peace today.....Merry Xmas to Mike!! Dave

Dave - you didn't forget about him.

You just enjoyed the moment you were in.

Those times remind us of how good it is to laugh and feel free of the weight of a broken heart. They are short lived glimpses of past and future happiness.

I know that everyone here had loved ones that would want that for them above all else. That's why our relationships were so very special and why we suffer their loss so deeply....Susie Q

Dave:

I smile reading about your kid like qualities. I can see you right in the middle of the kiddos. I love that and my husband was the same way with all his energy and they all loved their uncle Randy. I so miss that so I enjoy reading about yours. Also.... i am curious as to grma's reaction to the curio cabinet???? I bet she loved it. Thanks for the smiles.

Becky

Of all the things to forget to tell you, the curio cabinet was a big hit. Gma waa very pleased, her expected gift every yr to me is a $25.00 check, she went to her room after and wrote a $100.00 check.......guess that says it all! Dave

Dave, my guess is that Mike was enjoying watching you have a good time...no guilt....just gratitude that you were able to be in those moments and enjoy them.

Mary

It brings me alot of joy, thinking about Mike smiling down on this fun.....and can see him doing that.........just hope the let down after they leave isnt.....to bad, and guess it maynot be if I come up with a plan to see them at least every 3 months.......seems to me that the expense would be worth it.

Susie and Mary expressed it so well. I guess that's why I like my dog so much, he puts life back into perspective for me and helps me to enjoy the present moment. Dogs don't live in the past or the future, they are right here, right now, and they don't know a care in the world. My dog doesn't realize I'm out of work, will lose my home, am missing my husband. He doesn't know I'm scared, stressed, worried. He doesn't realize my unemployment check didn't come and it'd been four weeks since I'd gotten groceries. All he knows is he has a toy and he's enjoying running with it and playing and teasing me with it. All he knows is cuddling up to me and it feels good. He's happy. It's hard not to smile when I see that big effervescent smile on his face! Kids are the same way. They go on about their lives, playing, having fun. They're neat to be around!