Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Meditation

mfh

A meditation of a different type....sky over northern Michigan (once you get past the Star Trek ad..which because I have always been a Trekkie...I do not mind :)

http://www.space.com/21069-astonishing-auroras-comet-pan-starrs-year-of-michigan-skywatching-time-lapse-video.html

Thank you Mary.

I miss being able to step out and have the Aurora overhead as we have in Fairbanks.

Doug and I would walk over to the Musk Ox habitat, and watch the lights with the animals there. Very nice nights.

Thank you.

Off to put huge rollers in my hair so it will be not so curly for a few days. :)

Peaceful, mindful day to you.

fae

Regarding Tara Brach talks and meditations:

From Facebook: We have a new server for Tara's podcasts! All the existing ways of accessing her talks will still work, but you'll be able to do a complete search of the last talks since 2010 at this site. Of course more is always available at www.tarabrach.com, including her meditations. Let us know how you like the new service.

Listen in to her most recent talk, "Remembering Being" ~ "Our fear-based doings block us from realizing the formless dimension of our Being, and living from that source of wisdom and love. This talk explores the habitual control strategies that keep us from presence; and the role of mindfulness and lovingkindness in reconnecting with the ground of Being."

Dr. Joanne Cacciatore posted this on Facebook today. It is just over 7 minutes and is, imho, a meditation on how still we can become.

I may try this tonight if the drinking doesn't work, Mary, ha ha!

I have always suggested to clients that they create a space for themselves in their homes...a space to meditate, pray, read, journal. Men tend to have their workshops or libraries or home offices while many women tend not to have a space of their own. Here is an article that can assist you in creating this space. If possible, the space is best used only to be still...then when we enter that space, the stillness is easier to find.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/debbie-woodbury/sacred-space_b_3094267.html?ir=GPS+for+the+Soul

Ahh I have space, I have my whole house! I do know what you mean though, it helps to have a certain chair you come to or something like that, just getting into that chair then helps you get into that mode so much more easily!

Ahh I have space, I have my whole house! I do know what you mean though, it helps to have a certain chair you come to or something like that, just getting into that chair then helps you get into that mode so much more easily!

Yes, Kay, I agree...that chair helps put us in the mode. As for quotes...I hit quote and the quote comes up but not all of it shows. It is in a box with a faint line a round it. Just below the line is where you put your post. Let me know if that works. Mary

That's what I usually do but a couple of times lately, it doesn't let me respond under it.

Kay, I have no idea what is wrong with you attempting to quote. It is working for me and I do not know how to help you with it. I am sorry. I have copy pasted quite often and that does work well. Mary

Those are some lovely ideas to vary the practice, thank you Mary.

Jenny and I were talking about her wonderful labyrinth that she built and then moved.

I am faced with a similar event here.

Things are getting better for us all. :D

fae

Yes, some people like to vary and I do occasionally but generally I do the same thing each time I sit. I love labyrinths and was just pricing materials tonight though I can't take on that project this year. I hope your day was quiet. Mary

Marty, I do like this "hurry sickness" piece a lot and it is quite relevant to where i am right now...as you know.

Came across this:

post-14525-0-59906500-1369086246_thumb.j

My oh my, Mary ~ That little graphic certainly does say it all, doesn't it? ^_^

Volumes! I am watching the new where a tornado has destroyed a town and an elementary school is completely leveled with kids and teachers inside. Our world is in deep trouble.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/26/reduce-stress-stop-feeling-stressed-out_n_2532399.html

Stress reduction actions that include chocolate for you, Anne; puppies for Marty; hot bath for fae; prayer for Kay; Brahms for Anne; hugs for Shannon; deep breathing for me; dog walking for queen Mary; and all of those for all the names I can't pull up right now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cindy-griffithbennett/meditation-tips_b_3269177.html

Five things you already do...used for meditation.

In addition to these...consider being present as you wash up a few dishes, fold laundry, fill your gas tank, iron (if you ever iron), cook, change the sheets on the bed, and and just about anything...it all boils down to being present to the NOW.

I had to laugh when this appeared in my email this morning. Since Bill died I have spent half the time trying to find my center....losing it and finding it again. post-14525-0-16958400-1369144545_thumb.j

When I am centered, as I feel I am these past few days, I have a practice that I do upon awakening (once I accept that Bill is not next to me...a daily event centered or not). If I do not take the time and presence to do this, I know I have lost my center. I sometimes ignore that insight, forget about it completely or heed its call. Depends how far away I am from the present moment. I share it with you. I do this at least twice a day upon awakening and upon going to sleep. You can insert appropriate names.

This is metta (lovingkindness) mindfulness practice.

May I be peaceful.

May I be kind.

May I be safe.

May I be happy.

May I be healthy.

May I live with ease.

May___________ be peaceful. (insert name of person you love most on the planet. I put Bill's name in . I also do this one a few times naming significant people who are important to me.

May ___________be kind

Etc. as above in first round.

May my family, friends, and neighbors be peaceful

Etc.

May __________ be peaceful. (someone who irritates or bugs you)

Etc.

May __________ be peaceful. (someone in trouble).

Etc.

May all being, animals, people, rocks and waters be peaceful.

Etc.

At first when I started this years ago, I had it written but now, of course, it is just a part of me. It can change your life.