Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Mary,

I can't wait to get home tonight and click on the link...am at work. And you're so right about faith. The thing to remember is, faith IS something we don't see and sometimes we don't feel it either. It's not an obvious thing. When we go through hardship, it's not uncommon to feel our faith has eluded us, but it's just out of view...it's still there. Later we discover it was still there, lurking in the background and coming to our aid when we need it. I don't think it's unusual at all to question our faith or feel it's taken a hit...but it's nice to know it's still there, after all.

My thought about faith is that it just is...I agree with Kay. I don't look for definitions or explanations, I just accept that there is something that can't be explained. I really do believe that things will turn out the way they are suppose to and I am alright with that. Anne

"Mary, I can't wait to get home tonight and click on the link...am at work."

He has several books also...

We Don't Die and his newest is Ask George Anderson

This morning I was drawn to this topic since I had a dream of Marco coming to me saying, "I'm Alive, I'm not Dead." He was so very happy and kept saying that over and over. And I showed him where I found him collapsed and doing CPR on him, but he just insisted he was alive and went down on his knees and asked me to marry him. Then as I was going to show him the cremains I have in the living room I woke up. I feel such peace coming here knowing you all have experienced something, somehow from your loved ones..

Very peaceful and even exciting dream...they lift our spirits....you are truly not alone...many of us have had dreams and experiences....I had a neat dream last night also but when I woke up, it was gone. oh well. :)

Mary

It's hard to remember dreams isn't it? I always think I will but they'd go. I do have recording thingy on my iPhone and I will try to use it. A few days ago I dreamed Pete wasn't dead and I said Quick we need to go through all those things that you remember, and I don't, just in case it happens again.

I just had a dream that my house burned down, night before last, and I was trying to figure out what to do...Arlie cuts my choices down a lot. I didn't get back to sleep but managed to get through a hard day at work anyway.

I don't dream about George often, or at least don't remember it, but I wish I could more, I feel like it'd be a connection to him.

Nice to touch base with people again and to hear your thoughts on this.

It's difficult for me to believe in signs and messages - because really we can interpret just about anything as a sign, if we really, really want to. I suppose it all comes down to personal beliefs.

For example - one person might see a rainbow and believe it's a sign from a loved one who has passed away - but a thousand people might look at that same rainbow and think the same thing, that their loved one is sending them a message. Is it a message? Or is it just a rainbow?

I suppose if you hold the view, as I do, that we're all connected, that we're all part of the universe trying to understand itself, then maybe we're all sending each other messages all the time, across some invisible dimensional divide - to let each other know that we're never alone.

Melina

Nice to touch base with people again and to hear your thoughts on this.

I suppose if you hold the view, as I do, that we're all connected, that we're all part of the universe trying to understand itself, then maybe we're all sending each other messages all the time, across some invisible dimensional divide - to let each other know that we're never alone.

Melina

Dear Melina,

Yes!

I used to think the world was more concrete and objective than I see it today. Of course, that had changed a lot even prior to Doug's leaving actually. Yes, I agree that we are all connected. I would go so far as to say that our shared consciousness is the Mind of G*d. We are definitely trying to understand us. And I think the energy we sent out resounds throughout existence.

Thank you, and it is nice meet you with such a lovely thought as you expressed.

*<twinkles>*

fae

I think if something holds meaning for you that a msg/sign can be sent your way through that...like pennies from heaven or a rainbow or something. Rainbows hold special meaning for me because when George died there was a HUGE thunder/lightening storm AND a triple rainbow at that very moment! So when I see one I can't help but think of the way he went out from here and maybe he's saying everything's okay.

Hello everyone!

I wanted to say that dreams are indeed connected to the spiritual thing. I truly believe that we can be reached while sleeping. It just is hard to know it at the time it is happening. I have seen a medium here in the valley and though I understand that many do not believe in this but for what it is worth, I have been told that Kathy is with me while I am sleeping. Just to ad this, I did not believe in people who could communicate with the afterlife but so many strange electrical things were happening in my house, I had to explore it. I had met some people who had lost their son as we all seem to migrate to each other, and the wife had said that they had gone to a medium. The husband told me that he did not believe in it but she wanted to go. While they were in the meeting, the medium told him something that only he knew. I can't say very much because it is private for them

but I kept thinking about it for months till I asked them for the mediums name and got an appointment. You might guess that indeed I was told things no one knew but Kathy and I. The point is, that I truly believe that they can reach us. One has to listen very carefully, and just as you are waking up when sleep is at the lightest, it happens. I have read that we dream when at the lightest phase of sleep.

Dear Katpilot,

I enjoyed your comments.

I've had a series of dreams so intense, colorful, and also familiar that I wrote them up and sent them to a girlfriend who is Jungian Analyst and teaches dream interpretation to other Jungian analysts. When she interpreted them for me, asking some most revealing questions about how I identified some of the symbology, I was taken aback at her accuracy about many things that later happened. Fascinating.

I do not believe that we humans know enough to discount anything that does not cause harm to another living entity. Some rituals that involve killing things cannot be good energy. But such traditions as the iChing and astrology seem to have a lot of the ancient wisdom in them.

I am only an egg, incubating in a nest of Angels. Others here will have more insight, I imagine. We will see what tomorrow brings, when I begin a new morning meditation practice.

*<twinkles>*

fae

• 1 month later...

Pumkin,

I just found this...it must have been hard waking up from that and finding it was a dream. I have been having dreams about George the last couple of months, I don't know why, the first several years put together I had maybe two is all. It feels good that he's surfacing in my dreams because he was such a huge part of my life, I couldn't understand why he didn't come to me in dreams before.