Grief Healing Discussion Groups

hellow my far away friends .It has been 6 years for me and talk to him every day and night.ask for advise ask for strength so I can go on.I have a new grandauter that I adore but Im so sorry he was not here when she was born.I talk to him about her and how much I miss him.Life is very dificult in my country so please pray so I can go on and have a better future for my children. For some of you that are new I live in Athens Greece.

I too am finding that most of us have little talks with our significant others or our loved ones often, Teny. I have conversations with my Jim all the time. That I always found to be all right and then I rescued a Shipperke/Poodle and started to talk to Benji - everyone told me that It was fine and NO I was not losing it! Whenever there are decisions to be made I still turn to Jim and ask for his opinion.

I am so sorry that life is difficult in Greece. I shall keep you in my heart.

Connie, thank you for sharing more about your husband. As Deborah said - we all love hearing about what is going on in one another's lives. I have learned so much by reading old posts from those who have been here longer then I have. I love my forum friends. Anne

Teny, so glad you have your new little granddaughter. Yes, it's hard not having them here to share in everything with us. I wish George could have been here to see my kids get married and to watch my son graduate from college next year, he'd have been so proud! If I'm still talking to George after all these years, I imagine I always will.

Teny, I was thinking of you the other day, its been a while since you have written. Congratulations on your grandchild, enjoy her! Alot of us are still finding our way thru the grief, like you. My life has been at a stand still, refusing to move either way, don't want to leave him behind. Take care of yourself, Deborah

Dear Connie,

Was his name Woody? He must have been a wonderful person to share life, so much open and caring personality shining from him! Some of my family is from Oklahoma, and they grew up during the depression there. Fortunately, they were able to hold on to the land, just barely. I think people who grew up at that time were frugal and saving just out of habit. Actually, I was glad to have learned some of those habits from my uncles.

Please do tell us more. Such wonderful histories deserve to be shared, savored, and praised by those of us who appreciate people who lived authentically. And you will find many of those people here. MY husband was an ornithologist, an Alpinist of some repute (lots of first ascents) and an epistemologist He was also a marvelous character, served as auctioneer, and was a remarkable story teller and story maker.

So, please, consider this a safe and welcoming place to tell us all about your dear husband, your life together, and about you. We all sit around this fire and share stories, some happy, some sad, some simply our stories. Welcome to this Tribe. :)

Blessings and fairy dustings of love and peace *<twinkles>*

fae

Hi Fae,

It was so kind of you to respond to my posting. Yes, my husband's name was Woody. It's an unusual name for an unusual man. His father was a Woody also. Our first grandson shares to a certain degree his namesake. Blake is 22 now but when he was born, his mother was of course married to Blake's dad - who was a full blooded Seminole Indian (I should say native American). Blake's dad wanted him to have a Native American name and my daughter wanted Blake to have Woody in his name. The final outcome is this: Blake's legal name is: Blake Woody-Bear and then his last name. My husband said to us all. For Goodness sake, don't call him Woody-Bear ..... he will be teased all his life. Blake is proud of his name though and he loved his Grampa so very much. I would love to hear more about YOUR husband. Forgive my ignorance but you'll have to explain exactly what epistemologist does. It's so very comforting to talk to someone about my husband. Thank you Fae. Connie

A person, especially a philosopher, who studies theory of knowledge.

(I had to look it up)

That's very interesting about your grandson's name, no wonder he's proud of it!

We love hearing about each other's spouses...we have mostly women on here, there used to be a bunch of men but maybe they got tired of our gift of gab. :)

I'm reading all of the feeds and have immediately found a renewed feeling of peace from this forum. Having been away for almost three years, I was uncertain if I should start posting again or it if would help my present state of mind. I did discover today that the first house that we owned together is for Sale. We renovated and worked on that house for a year. A house that I have avoided driving past for three and a half years and will probably never re-visit. A house that Joe wanted to re-purchase when we moved back from Santa Fe in 2007. Also, today I am remembering our road trips to Santa Fe via the I40 and spending the night in Norman OK on two or three seperate trips as it was a good stop after a night in Missouri and before Santa Fe .... ugh...tough.

Reading all of the trending topics - I relate to all of it. I speak to Joe and have a quiet moment every day to remember things we shared. I have a clear sense that he is with me. If I am going on a client interview and a truck from his old company passes me - I take it as a sign that he is watching. When I need to push back, I know that is coming from Joe. I never pushed back before Joe passed. When I want to wiggle out of something with a white lie, I think of Joe and the fact that he never told a fib in his life and I do the right thing....

All of your shares are wonderful and profound to me. I'm fortunate to have found this when Joe passed and fortunate now to have come back.

Good Nite and thank you.

- Linda G

Linda,

It sounds like you are doing well, you are assimilating Joe into your life, carrying him with you, letting the good in him impact you. And yes, isn't it amazing the backbone we grow when we have to! :) So glad to have you back.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yes. One of the most beautiful aspects of my life with My Paula was our talks. Even after 35 years we still talked like newly-weds. It was so easy and satisfying for us both. I talk to My Paula whenever the notion striks me , just like always. I still ask her advice. Ask her how her night was when I get up. Can I do anything for you? Do you need something? I tell her when I'm leaving the house. I ask her to come along for the ride. I call out to her when I get home. I tell her how much I love her a hundred times daily. Every night ends with "G-night Dear, I Love You". This to me keeps her present in my daily struggle with grief. Oh yes, I do love to talk to my Paula, and will continue to do so!.

I didn't have close to as many years with MM (Marcus), but we were still madly in love with eachother and would never tire of talking. We would go on for hours and hours. I talk to him all the time and sometimes laugh when i can see or hear his reaction to something stupid i do. I ask him questions and tell him good morning and good night like we used to.

George and I were each other's best friends too. Tomorrow would have been his 59th birthday. :( He worked away during the week and he would always call me on his breaks, except his last one at 1:30 am because he didn't want to wake me up. I would encourage him to spend time with the guys at work on his break and he'd say, "Naw, I can talk to them any time, it's YOU I want to talk to!" :wub:

Dear Kay, tomorrow will, of course, always be a sacred day for you. The fact that it would be George's 59th birthday and he died I believe about 8 years ago reminds me of how young he was when he died. I think of that in relationship to how young Bill was when we married when he was a young 55 and i was 46. Our 27th anniversary is coming up on the 22nd though I think in more years than 27 in many ways. I know tomorrow is very special for you and I will be thinking of you. Peace, Mary

If he were alive, we'd be heading out camping or to the coast, undoubtedly. Stark comparison to how my life is now.

Oh, how I understand that. We were out and about most weekends...doing the hills or mountains, maybe a movie in bad weather, whatever...it did not matter. Now is different for sure. I get that, Kay. I also know money and job are trickier now for you. I am so sorry you lost him and lost him so young and soon.

Mary with love