Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Message From Heaven Today

This morning I was on Facebook a few minutes, looking at pictures a dear friend of mine in Alabama posted of her garden. We always exchange pictures of something blooming. Today she has posted many pictures of her gardenia's, my favorite flower. The pictures were beautiful and I swear you could almost smell them, lol. I had typed back to her that she was bringing back memories with her gardenias. During the summer months Larry would go to visit his mother and always bring home gardenia's. What made me smile was he would come home and have his hand behind his back and surprise me with a bouquet. The look on his face was priceless. I was typing to my friend how badly I missed those moments and wish I could see his face... then there was a knock at my door, I went to the door and there stood Larry's mother with a handful of gardenia's, I couldn't believe it. When Larry gets a message to me, there is never any doubt. Will always miss my guy, Deborah

When I read your message my heart jumped for joy in excitement for you, Deborah. What a beautiful message and the gardenia has always been a favorite of mine. I am so happy for you. Your Larry sure knows how to communicate with you. I am glad that you had this moment. Sending you more gardenias Anne

post-15704-0-07135500-1370748047_thumb.j

post-15704-0-16365500-1370748062_thumb.j

Deborah,

How very special! And no doubt! That is so great!

Wow, Deborah, what a spectacular response you get. That is amazing and I love the gardenia Marty added. About a year ago, I was in a bad space (one of many in 3 years, of course) and all but yelling to Bill to please send me a sign...that I needed his help. I put my cell phone down and went into the bathroom and when I returned, on the front page of my cell phone was a brand new icon that had never been there before. It was a HELP icon. I was shocked. I called the cell phone company to see if they were downloading icons to phones and they had no clue what I was talking about. It is the second cell phone incident that is beyond explanation. I do love it when this happens and of course having it happen every hour would be the ultimate. :wub:

Enjoy the signs. I know from my experience they come when I least expect them...

Mary

When Larry sends me a sign, it is Always something that would get my attention, so totally him. I posted my message for all of you too, to enjoy, maybe a glimmer of hope, that their spirits or love, whatever you want to call it, are with us, no doubt. Deborah

Marty, that is an amazing (but not surprising) list of references/links...I thank you.

Deborah, when I read your story about the gardenias something clicked and I just now identified it. When Bill and I honeymooned in Hawaii...the aroma of Gardenia was everywhere to the point that when we got home I could still smell them. I since learned that the soil there is perfect for gardenias but for me...they are honeymoon flowers.

Mary :wub:

Deborah! How absolutely cool. A message indeed! Marty thanks for listing those resources. Sometimes we are so in a state of shock when newly grieving that we miss some obvious signs.

How I miss those Mai Thais at Trader Vics with the gardenias in them.

Stephen

Oh, Stephen...I do remember Trader Vic's on Michigan Avenue in Chicago and great Mai Tai with hor oeuvres....did that many times when I live in Chicago...500 years ago. :)

I didn't know Gardenias were "Honeymoon Flowers" but that doesn't surprise me, they are exotic and beautiful and their fragrance is amazing!

Kay, I just coined that term for Gardenias because for US they were honeymoon flowers. I have a gorgeous one blooming in my hanging basket outside...just spectacular.

Oh, Stephen...I do remember Trader Vic's on Michigan Avenue in Chicago and great Mai Tai with hor oeuvres....did that many times when I live in Chicago...500 years ago. :)

Not sure what happened to Stephen's post about Trader Vic's but in an email about his post he said he missed the Mai Tai's there.

Mary!

I loved those drinks. The first time I ever saw or smelled a gardenia, it was at the first Traders in Scottsdale I think it was 1972. The first flower I ever gave Kathy was a Gardenia from my planter. I remember she was leaving that morning for Calgary and she took it with her to put in a vase when she got up there. She always remembered that time when infatuation ruled our hearts.

Sweet memories.

I would guess, Stephen, that it was early 70s when I used to go to Trader Vics if a couple of us were in the loop shopping. I remember meeting my sister downtown also as she worked there. It was a different time for sure.

I went back and edited out the Mai Thais at first cause I didn't want to offend any one about drinking. So I put it back in.

Thanks for not judging me but I have been known to have a drink ounce in a while. My favorite was the rum ice cream with the praline sauce. mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have never known of anyone to have a problem with the mention of an alcoholic beverage...I no longer drink hard liquor but I do enjoy a glass of wine on occasion and a cold beer with my occasional pizza. Drinking in Wisconsin is way out of control as a whole. Life frequently seems to rotate around it. Bill never drank. He grew up in a very conservative religious home and drinking alcohol was not allowed. Then when we got together he tried a wine and got an immediate headaches from the sulphites. We tried sulfite free wine but none are 100%. He did not like beer and I never knew him to try anything stronger. Whatever...it matters not to me. I grew up in an alcoholic home so I do take alcoholism very seriously...but having a glass of wine and alcoholism are at opposite ends of a continuum. :)

Dear Deborah, how lucky you are to have received the message that you did from Larry. I sure wish i would hear from Judy in some way. I really do not know what to look for, but if it would be anything like Larry's message i do think i would get that. Here is hoping and again congrats.

Dan

Thank you for sharing that I had not read that before, that is amazing and beautiful!

Oh Marty, thanks for sharing Larry's story, most of the members have not seen this, it truly shows the bond we have. It was a couple of years ago when I wrote this. I was hoping to get it published somewhere but no takers yet. I think its pretty special, Deborah

Dear Deborah,

I think I read the Blue Starfish account before when I was in a fog. I reread it just now and do know that he is with you. I knew it before I read it but the story seals the deal. I, too, have had signs that are inexplicable and KNOW Bill is communicating with me. It started with an apparition shortly after he died. On the first anniversary, my phone froze at the time of his death. I was watching it and it just stopped. I sat with it for 10 minutes and finally removed the battery to get it going. The kicker was that the friend I was going to the cemetery with was on her way to my house and her phone froze at the same time. She stopped at the cell phone company and they had no explanation. Another friend was 200 miles away at a meeting and her phone froze while the man sitting next to her at the meeting had the identical phone from the same company here in town and his worked fine. I have many stories and I KNOW he is with me. Another time I was sobbing and said out loud, I need your help, Bill. I left the room and returned in a minute or so and on the wallpaper of my cell phone was an icon that read HELP. I called the cell phone company to see if they were downloaded stuff to my phone and of course, they were not. It goes on and on. THEY ARE with us. Where else would they be? Thanks for sharing the Starfish story.

Mary

PS My friend painted what I told her of the apparition and said she has never had a painting experience like that before. She is 82 and has painted and taught art all her life. She said it came through her and she felt like she was for moments on the other side. Here is the painting and it is exactly what I saw...including only seeing him from the waist up which I since learned is common. Three close friends reported to me that they felt or saw Bill who asked them to take care of me. I have no explanation for any of this but these friends are not ones to get carried away or experience things like this ever before. They are the same ones plus 2 more whose phones stopped. post-14525-0-91181400-1371049715_thumb.j

Its amazing isn't it Mary to have that kind of experience. Larry's mother is not one to believe in such things but when the starfish fell for the first time, is was her who said "he is here!!". You could feel him. And it was only her and I in the house again the second time it fell. People would have to see it, they hang on the wall very securely and have never fallen again since that time. Would share a picture, not sure how to insert on here. Amazing, Deborah