Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Settling Into My New Home

Hi to all of my friends and members,

I am settling into my new place, me and Maggie. While it has been stressful moving 22 years worth of things and memories, I know I made the right decision. Actually it was "Larry" that orchestrated the whole thing, lol. I still can't believe I moved. I had not moved Larry's clothes since his death almost 9 years ago now. I did manage to go thru his things, kept my favorites, and donated lots and lots of items. This change was meant to be. I am enjoying the beautiful field right across the street where Larry and I walked many beagles over the years. Maggie and I walk there almost every day. I swear she see's Larry when we are there, I can sense it. I have a lovely screened back porch that I practically live on. Maggie and I spend most of our time on the porch. Its quiet and peaceful, something I've needed for a very long time. I put lots of bird feeders outside my windows and have every bird you can imagine. I planted alot of my plants from my other place, some survived and others didn't but I moved in the middle of some of the worst weather we'd had in a long time.

I am torn most days between crying and smiling. I wish Larry was here to enjoy this, but I know he is watching over us. I am so surprised that I'm enjoying this experience, never thought I would be able to say that again. So I want to share some pictures with all of you who have supported me all these years, my favorite is the field right out my front door. Deborah

post-1371-0-50618900-1402253672_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-58367200-1402253746_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-52813800-1402253823_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-13934400-1402253877_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-02577100-1402253952_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-15494700-1402254058_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-28220200-1402254137_thumb.jp

post-1371-0-91242000-1402254209_thumb.jp

Oh Deborah, I LOVE your new home! Esp. the sun room (porch)! There is so much light in this place. I also love the brick, I've always been partial to that, although they left that out of my old mobile home. :D You're going to have a lot of people jealous here! I am so happy for you and I know Larry moved with you. So happy for you and Maggie! (BTW, she's cute!)

Thank you Kayc, I knew you would love it!! Isn't the field pretty??? Larry and I walked that field for years, some of the happiest times of my life. I think of him when we are there walking, I can see is smile. Wish you were closer, we'd sit on that porch for hours and talk each others heads off, lol. So glad you saw the pictures, I have more but don't want to drive everyone crazy. Thanks again, love to you, Deborah

Oh, I just love the pictures, Deborah. The butterfly welcome flag wants me to stop by and visit. I love your view of the field ~ memories. I have no doubt that your Larry is right there with you. Maggie is sweet and all the windows allowing the sun in is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I for one would like to see more pictures.

Anne

You wouldn't drive us crazy at all, we'd love to see more pictures! I wish we were closer too, I think of you all as my family. The field is wonderful, no wonder you liked to spend time there together. What a great view! And I bet Maggie loves it.

Oh, Deborah, what a lovely place! I love that you have the filed right out the door! The sun room is delightful with your white wicker furniture, so feminine and light. Congratulations on making such a wonderful move! And also, congratulations on sorting and being able to find new homes for some of Larry's things. Mostly, congratulations on being is such a beautiful place with such heavenly light!

Just great! Yes, more pictures would be super!

*<twinkles>*

fae

Deborah, your home is lovely as well as the surrounding area. You're making me jealous with all that GREEN! Best of luck with your new home. I'm sure Larry is enjoying it with you, in spirit.

Luv,

Karen

Deborah, I love your home...the white and blue are very peaceful and the sun porch is amazing. Good for you. Enjoy it.

Mary