Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Quotes as we walk the path

We've seen so many quotes along this journey.  A woman I have been corresponding with sent me this one today.  I've noticed all thru this some are uplifting of depressing depending on where are hearts are at that moment.  This one resonated with me at this time.

Death can beat the Life out of the living person left behind.

• Upvote 7

Grieving Isn't Wallowing: http://www.timjlawrence.com/blog/2016/3/23/wallowing

Hello friends, I read that article this morning. Hope it helps.

"Grieving people are already facing the most difficult battles of their lives. Labeling them as victims and wallowers only reinforces their feelings of shame and self-hatred.

With that said, even those we deem to be “wallowing” are still deserving of our love and compassion. In fact, they need our acknowledgment and support even more than others do, as they’re the most likely to be abandoned and forced to navigate their grief terrified and alone. 

At the end of the day, if you are grieving, please remember:

Grieving is not wallowing.

Grieving is not synonymous with weakness.

In fact, grieving is courageous. Grieving is a pilgrimage of tremendous love. Given our current cultural climate, grief is an act of rebellion—against the tyranny of positive thinking, against the delusion of the imperative happy ending, and against the forces that want you to believe there’s something “wrong” with grief.

• Upvote 4

Ana - Outstanding blog. Thanks for sharing.  It does bring up very perceptive and poignant points regarding grief.  I especially enjoyed the bluntness of "time moves on" platitudes:

"Observers of those who have suffered a tremendous loss often fail to understand something unbelievably obvious: grieving people are still going about their daily lives. They’re still going to work, taking care of their families, and tending to the mundane and trivial matters of life. Experiencing a terrifying loss isn’t a lottery ticket. It’s a devastating process that carries people into a devastating abyss, which they have to navigate as they continue to deal with the everyday trials of life. 

In other words, life already goes on. Grieving people aren’t idiots. They don’t need to be reminded that life goes on, because time moves ever forward, whether we want it to or not. " The writings of Tim Lawrence 

22 hours ago, Mom's angel said:

I wish death came in pairs, like let this two person die together as the surviving one will suffer a lot, let them die together and be in heaven together.

In a perfect world.

• Upvote 1

I totally loved that, all of it!  Thank you for sharing it with us.

• Upvote 2