Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sanity Needed Vents

Marty , Harley was 3 months in those pictures.....Born Jan 25th.....Weather has turned to much needed rains next few days....Kay, my friends in Southern BC and Alberta also getting moisture....This really helps  ..

• Like 3

We are going from snow to 80 degrees F in just five days time! (Sun>Fri)

So glad you are getting the moisture, we are too but it may dry up soon.

May be TMI so don't read beyond here if you don't want to, but it's a huge positive for me!!!  Kodie ate plastic wrap Sunday and they wanted to do surgery this morning.

I took Kodie out in the yard and implored him to try to go, I knew he wanted to please me and he did!  It had a good size piece in it (yes I took it in the house and unraveled it to see how much, who wouldn't!) and from what that part of the stool looked like, I recognized he had some in his stool earlier too on one of our walks.  I'm confident he will get the rest out.  Praying!  He isn't eating much but some.  But he may have felt sick to his tummy too.  Will see how he does today.  And of course he'll eat his treats!

😊

• Like 2

Me, a petless person, I now have a cat and 14-year-old poodle.  Kelli moved in the back bedroom when Bri left.  Bri has not gotten back in contact, but that is just another problem many families suffer, and she fits an adoption trauma profile although we have had her since she was born.  Love that woman/child so much.  Kelli pitches in and does everything.  I didn't do anything anyhow, does not matter who lives with me.  I take care of my sister mainly and as yet she does not live in a nursing home, but the new biopsy showed cancer.  With the chemo brain, I'm the only one she will tolerate.  TMI. 

I have had so many dogs for pets, and I did not want to go through another passing away or me passing away and leaving one.  Paul, the cat, has taken a liking to me though, and I'm not a cat person.  Does not bother him.  Sweet cat.  Kelli keeps them all up to "snuff" with all shots, no fleas, etc.  Nawlins (the old woman poodle) can't hear or see much.  Her heart is failing, but Kelli keeps her going and we have the vet near the apartments.  I just dread the inevitable.  It will really hurt Kelli.  (me too). 

Enough going on, but will have to just say, "nothing else going on."  

• Like 1

Kodie went some more on our walk. I am continually amazed by how much he listens and understands and tries to please me.  Amazing baby.

You have your hands full taking care of your sister, Marg.  I know, I took care of mine. 

• Like 1

Marg, I just finished reading "The Four Winds" by Kristin Hannah. Completely different than her Alaska book. Another winner in my opinion. Hope you give it a look.

• Like 2

I notice Nevada Barr has her 19th book out.  I'm so far behind on reading her, I doubt I will remember the first one.  I'll give this one a look.  Thanks Karen.  

• Like 1

I'm caught up on Nevada Barr except for a stand alone. Haven't read CJ Box "Three Inch Teeth" yet.

• Like 2

I read the new C.J. Box, it just went too quick.  Enjoyed it.  Was not a real cliff hanger, but makes you want to read the next one as soon as it comes out.  I'm bad about telling "spoilers" and it drives my kids crazy, so I try not to tell too much.  

• Like 1

Well got my second eye done this morning, prep work and tests began at 6:00 AM, surgery took half hour, I was out of the hospital by 8:30 AM......doing first drops ...in half an hour........Happy so far..

• Like 2

I was happy that my reading glasses are the 1.25, lowest ones.  I asked when to be fitted for glasses and he told me I did not need them at all.  I got to see the bags under my eyes, so all's well that goes well.  Proud for you.  I depend on reading glasses; my eyes get tired.  But I was reading with strong ones before the surgery.

• Like 2

I've been using 2.75 reading glasses for a long time. The surgery did not change that. It did enable me to have distance vision without glasses until double vision came along. I can't walk anywhere with both eyes open, only one eye at a time. Very disorienting and tiring. Still trying to get dentures fixed before I make a neurologist appt. Just don't want to meet a new doctor with no teeth at all. About 3-4 weeks ago, the dentist himself finally looked at them and said they were too big for my mouth which I've said all along. I had only seen his assistants before. He took them to have them remade. Still waiting to get them back, hopefully before I'm blind!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm sorry Karen.  I at least had a pair of old ones when they had to remake my gray ones.  I never went back to that dentist again.  And, they had been recommended to me.  I promise, the color gray was a dark gray.  Who in their right mind would send out dark teeth.

• Like 1

Wow, still going through the ill fitting dentures, Karen?!  They should have remade them and had them on you by now!  Glad someone is finally listening.

Kevin, so glad you got your other eye done!  How long do you have to stay out of the light, etc?  Congrats!

Kodie had another stool with some ingested plastic wrap, this one partially digested, I didn't know that could happen.  He ate all his dinner last night!

No big restrictions but i will  wear shades for a week....Will golf on day 5....I'm more concerned with dust , my shades are wrap arounds...Bad news is we had smoke this morning from a fire burning 300 miles away....too early for this....

• Like 2

Wow, way too early.  Winter barely over!  Just a week ago we had snow, now I cleaned out my woodstove yesterday, vacuumed, dusted.

• Like 1

Thick smoke again today......big silly news up here is Government want employees to work3 days a week in the office...Unions saying unhealthy...Clearly crazy thinking these days...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just read about it on the news.  Please be safe.  We are having lots of moisture to the air and my sister cannot breathe outside.  I know the air quality must be bad for y'all too with all the smoke.  Take care.  

• Sad 1

Smoke clearing up, weather is actually cold and damp......Next three days i have my eye out for frost.....Tomatos still4 days away from planting....Saturday, had a kiss of frost on the Wind Shield, plants alright....Up north its still Raining in the fires(next 3 days) Cool and wet brings the threats to Moderate...blessing

• Like 1

Glad to hear it, Kevin!

Still no news from contractor, got the carport cleaned out, all but the middle.  Shelves gone, wood on burn pile, huge load to the dump. 

1 1/2 year old laptop died this morning, black screen of death is all I got, hours later it came back so I cancelled my Amazon order.  Have restarted a couple of times to see if it would do it.  Can't be worked on, no way to get to the innards, can't even change the battery!  Warranty up, of course.  Miss my Windows 7, this is Windows 11, God only only knows.