Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sanity Needed Vents

My phone and Internet are out, can get this on my cell phone somewhat. Snow starts tomorrow, can't even view weather report. No one else is out, just me. Misery loves company.

• Sad 1

I won't ever make it again, but condensed milk and snow makes the best ice cream.  I know I've said it on here a hundred times.  Billy's favorite.  I'd get it out of the truck bed and one time put many bags of it in the freezer.  Put it in the blender with a little more milk and the frozen is ready again.  There has to be something good about snow.  

• Like 1

It was a record, supposed to be another record today.  Humidity is thick.  This is Louisiana.  Gotta go to eye doc this morning and I am doing southern flatlander sweating, after shower.  Sorry Marty, I love your dad's sweet sentiments, but this ole gal just plain sweats.  EVERYTHING is blooming.  This is our "first" spring.  We still have some more winter to go through before we hit our real spring.  

Oh yes, A/C working.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevin said:

Good news is my vehicle started....

And that's a plus in that weather!

For your section of Canada, that is a very big plus.

Okay, doc says my vision is good enough to not wear glasses period.  I don't like no glasses, but I bought a pair of Polaroid sunglasses tinted dark yellow.  Perfect.  I go back down to my #1.50 reading glasses. I honestly could not tell that big a difference until he had me reading lines I almost guessed at.  Tiny letters.  So, Kevin, after a month of drops and complaining, I guess it is worth it.  

• Like 2
  • Like Copy 1

It was so Cold that my Tire alarms came on for under inflation....The air contracts enough to deflate each Tire by 5 psig...As it warms up; the Tires automatically re inflate...Seven days and counting for this winter to end...

• Like 2

Gosh Kevin, it is good you know about all this stuff.  I just learned how to set the time on my car.  Billy did everything.  I looked down, punched a button and hey, I know how many miles are on this vehicle.  Good luck with your tires.  We've got cool days and coldish nights.  You all stay warm.  Karen, stay cool.  

I know it is a broken record, but I wish we knew where Gwen was.  I hope she is not hurting.  

• Like 1

My tires always go through this in the cold, and I hear you with the winter, shoveled until bedtime, predictions were WAY off, today much worse, got a foot last night, too much for my little snow blower but will do my best with it waiting for it to get lighter outside.  Right now my back hurts.

• Like 1

Marg, just did another search, nothing.

• Sad 1

My shovel.ling is limited to 20-30 minutes max. Mostly to take it easy on my back........My sidewalk and double driveway only takes 40 minutes  but back takes days to recover....Getting old sucks...

• Like 1

Seems that's all I do lately, Kevin.  Got my car dug out last night and mailbox, top of driveway, path to street, 100 ft to firewood...now it's snowed again.

• Sad 1

I do not like tornadoes and sometimes too much/too little rain, but I do not like snow like y'all get either.  Guess that is why we all live where we do.  We get used to whatever problems the weather provides.  

I rode a straight road (well, there are curves) to across the Arkansas line this past week.  It is a good road.  The beauty of it is that it is old homes (lots of new ones too close to town), but mostly for 50 miles is old farmland.  Actually, the people who own it now, or once owned it were all my relatives, and they were farmers. Houses are far between, but in the distance are old fruit trees and other things that were planted many years ago. They are blooming now. All along the roadway were the yellow daffodils and the white and yellow other bulbs flowers that had been washed from old homeplaces down to the highway.  It was a most beautiful drive, peaceful, no traffic ever, and because it is home, I would not trade it.  The mountains were exciting, the lakes, rivers and streams were beautiful in Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and miles of endless nothing but probably wheat in Kansas.  But we had four eyes enjoying all this.  I enjoy seeing things close to home, but I don't venture out more than 175 miles from home anymore.  We all get used to the heat, cold, snow, wherever we live.  Because it is home.  

• Like 2

Kay, I feel for you, another week and this should be on the way out...My Son emailed me to say take it easy on the snow removal...I used to do the roof. but not required last two years( I quit all ladder work), unless it's absolutely necessary, the 20 minute limit is in place....take it easy Kay...

• Like 2

Got it all done last night and woke up to 5" more, Lord knows what today holds. Tomorrow predicted worse than today.  Ugh.

• Sad 1

We have storms predicted, but since I rent an apartment, it does not worry me much.  Too old to shovel anything.  These won't be ice storms though.  Have been running A/C.  

Tuesday woke up to 8" more, plus 2 more daytime. Got everything shoveled and some !@#$%&! shoveled other people's snow behind my car and in front of the mailbox where I'd just spent two hours hard at work (including my paths).  I was so mad!!  I spent 12 hours shoveling snow including the redo, but theirs was pack and tall.  Seriously I wouldn't have been responsible for what I would have done had I caught them!

Also walked down to feed the horse her apple but she was too cold to come out of the barn, I don't blame her.  Let Jazzy out when Iris was gone and walked back there again to do it.  Iris forgot my HWC and Kodie's hot dogs I'd asked her to get Monday. :(  Did her dishes again.  Took a shower and did laundry.  Made turkey soup and deboned it.  I've been eating OMAD this week and have seen great diabetic numbers but kind of miss eating two meals/day.  Although my energy can't be beat.  But am surprised I'm not still asleep.

• Sad 1

Minus 35 Wind Chill    This has to be the last blast of Arctic weather...This is garbage day .so I'm venturing outside in about 15 minutes.....Above freezing in a few days according to Weather Channel....Have a good Day..

• Sad 2

Kevin, I hope with you.  No precip today, for which I'm thankful.  My whole body needs to recover.  It's coming back Sat. night.

• Like 1

Well, after reading this, I'm not sure if the weather/snow/cold/exertion will either harm you, kill you, or make you stronger.  I know the anger is not good for you.  Believe me, I go through with it.  (Just the anger, not the exertion).  Stay as safe as you can and realize people don't do unto others the same way you will help them.  Makes it harder to help yourself.  Stay inside as much as possible.  

• Like 1

Believe me, I shoveled it off.  And I have caught it from so many people, tell me they wouldn't have been too in my shoes. 12 HOURS SHOVELING?!   I'd like to see any one of them do that and then face what happened to me, happen to them.

• Like 1

Why would you "catch it" from so many people?  Maybe they feel awkward that a lone woman will have to shoulder so much work.  Looks like someone would have asked to help you.  Heck, I get people trying to take my groceries into my apartment, help with them at the car, people asking can they help all the time.  I don't need their help, but I decline graciously, and tell them I still can carry things.  I think maybe their conscience is hurting them if you "catch it from so many people."  Reminds me of the song "I am woman hear me roar."  (Not the name of it.).  You sound terribly self-sufficient, and you expect the kind of treatment you deserve for being one little woman doing a monumental job.