Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Today on the way to dropping Carson off before school, he asked me "What are we going to do about Christmas?" I asked him what he meant. He asked me how I would get Christmas presents without seeing them since usually Mommy and him would buy them for me. He then said so does that mean only I (Carson) will have persents on Christmas morning? I couldn't believe this was coming from my 7 year old. He is looking out for me in so many ways I can't even begin to list them. I told him to get with one of his Aunts and they would help him get some things for me. I wasn't even considering or thinking about myself for Christmas just him. Life always throws you surprises.

Love always

Derek

Derek,

Carson is most certainly a reflection of the man who is raising him - so very well. As the old saying goes - and in a very good way - "The apple does not fall to far from the tree". You are raising a kind and warm hearted person who continues to reflect all the kind and loving things that you have taught him and I'm sure that Karen taught him as well - in the past. She would be so pround of her son and how well you are raising him. Kodo's Daddy!

Great story.

John - Dusky is my handle on here

Love you Jack

Awww..shucks. We so often forget how profound children can be. They see and feel so much more than we could ever realize. The words he choose are no doubt a result of the kind and gentle parents who have raised him well. Kudos to you and Karen..

Merry Christmas it is...

Derek,

What a sweet boy you have! He is indeed that way because of the wonderful parents he's had. Just when you think life sucks, something sweet comes your way...like this! :)