Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Country Is On Fire

Today I will not post for myself cause there is abig tragedy going on in Greece fire is burning aimost every village in the south of Greece. People are dead together with animals olive trees fields and every thing they own,The ancient city of Olymbia where the olymbic games started 3000 years ago was on fire My summer hose was on danger and you gould see the flames burning the houses and desperation around.In some places flames went until the sea and burned the umbrelas that were there for the shade.Today the wind is strong so there is litle that can be done ,I need you all my friends to pray for this tragedy.It is all over the CNN news.THis ads to much to my personal loss .I feel how litle can be done in natures act and GODS will.I will be back .I will visit my dr today. TENY

Teny,

I do not have t.v. and am behind in my newspaper reading a few days, so I was not aware of it. I am sorry...I will pray for you and for your country, and for everyone there.

Teny,

I heard about your country on the news this morning. I pray for your safety. We've had some really bad weather here in the U.S. as well. So far, I have been lucky to live in the Northwest and I thank God for that. Stay safe and let us know how things are going.

Karen

Teny, dear ~

I am so very sorry. These things are so very difficult for us to understand ~ the unfairness of it all ~ as if losing your beloved was not enough for you to endure . . .

We all are thinking of you, holding you in our hearts, and praying for the safety and protection of your countrymen.

Teny,

Please keep us posted, let us know how it is going there...could you check in every day with us so we know you're okay? We're parying for you and praying that this would stop.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Ones,

This came to me as a Private Message from Spela, with her request that it be posted "on the forum (on some appropriate place)":

I don't know where to post this ...

Croatia mourns 8 firefighters who died in a wildwire on Kornati islands.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/09/03/...irefighters.php

Today another firefighter, 23 years old, died in hospital. His father and his brother were also killed in that fire.

I didn't know any of them, however, it's my neughbour country and I know the area and sometimes spend my holidays there.

Readers may be interested in some of the resources listed on the Traumatic Loss page of my Grief Healing Web site. See especially:

Dealing with Sudden, Accidental, or Traumatic Death

Coping with Public Tragedy

National Fallen Firefighters Foundation

Article: To Firefighters from a Firefighter

It is hard to know how to reply. I will be praying for these firefighters. So much devastation is hard to assimilate. There is so much need in our world. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.