Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It Hurts So Much

Hi Teny,

I know it's very hard. Maybe just try to remember all the good things you've had together....whenever a sad thought creeps in immediately replace it with a very happy one you've had together....I know there were many of those....and this day will pass. Love to you, Teny.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Teny,

My thoughts and prayers are with you today. I know it is hard but try like Karen said to replace the sad thoughts with happy ones and know that Tiany is with you and so are we.

Hugs and prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Teny,

I have to agree with Corinne. There is no end at all to the broken dreams, the loss, the agony of losing your soul mate. I saw in the past couple of weeks that if I don't break the vicious circle somehow it was going to consume me whole.

I force myself to take inventory of the positives in each day, and permit myself a good head-banging about the negatives maybe once a week. It is astounding how much that shift of focus helps.

Our anniversary is coming up Dec 3. And Dec 1 was her birthday. I am going to a fancy restaurant that weekend where we would probably have gone together and I am going to enjoy a delicious meal in her honor. And I'm putting a rose on the place where her ashes are. Ceremony helps too for some reason. I'm not kidding myself, it will be an effort of will, but I suspect I'll end up having an overall better day with this approach then with cowering at home and wringing my hands.

For a very, very, very (did I say very?) though-provoking video about the nature of happiness, go the the link below and scroll down to video #6: "Are we happy? Or not?" Amazing stuff.

www.lifehack.org/articles/miscellaneous/the-ten-videos-to-change-how-you-view-the-world.html

Feel better,

--Bob

I know it is hard but try like Karen said to replace the sad thoughts with happy ones

Corinne

Teny I am so sorry. I know how you feel I had my first anniversary without Bruce in Sept. and that was one of the hardest days. Just know that we are all here for you. Come a talk cry and we will be here to help you through this. God bless you and know that you are not alone. Gail :wub:

Teny,

Yesteday was my one year wedding anniversary, so I know what you mean when you say it hurts so much. But I decided it was a day to celebrate by remembering all the times I spend with him and not to a day for grieving. Of course easier said than done, but I did tried my best :).

Anyway you can try the same. Celebrate his life, celebrate that you loved him and he loved you.

Criskz: Good for you! I remember my wedding anniversary, especially that first year, was extremely painful, and I mostly tried to ignore it.

Teny, I am so sorry Honey. I know it hurts. I wish there was some way I could take your pain away.

KayC

Edited by kayc

Teny my dear dear friend please and I mean please try to get your mind off the fact that today would have been your anniversary. Steve passed on March 7th and our anniversary was on April 28th so I had to go through that the month after he passed. Do you know what helped? I asked my sister to come over and we played Monopoly and had some snacks and a couple drinks and she did a wonderful job of keeping my mind busy. That is what you need to do, keep your mind busy and before you know it, it will be after midnight and you would have gotten over another first. Call a friend to do something or go out and get yourself a puzzle, or a book....anything that you can do to distract yourself. If you sit there and keep thinking of what today is it will eat away at you, and please remind me of this when my next first comes along, okay? Remember we all love you here and we are with you just like when you went to his grave, you are a strong lady and you will get through it !

Love,

Wendy :wub:

Derek Karenb Susanne Corinne Bob Gail Griskz Kayc Deborah Wendy.Thank you for being here for me .Counting your names I realise that I do have my far away friends support.I followed some of your advise and Im spending the day with my grand children and stay with them tonight.Bob I found the site but dont understand about the videos.I do apreciate your way of thinging but it is difficult tofollow and shake away negative thoughts.Im stuk with all Ilost and cry over and over saying goodby to the life I knew.My doctor told me to start group therapy and IL do so next month.Im taking some herbal meds that not help for the moment.THANK YOU ALL TENY