Grief Healing Discussion Groups

2008 Is Looking Better

Hi Everyone...Well 2008 is looking better. You all know that my son and his wife are expecting their first child and my first grandchild in May...well my daughter and son-in-law just told me last night that they are also expecting their first child in Sept. The only sad spots in all of this is that Bruce will not be here to see these beautiful babies. I had to laugh when they told me that they where having a baby...Bruce was saying just last Christmas that they had better not both have babies in the same year because he was afraid that I would bankrupt him (LOL) and now that is what is going to happen...not the bankrupt part just the two babies part. Boy life is funny the best person in the world was taken from me one year ago on Jan 20th and I thought that my life was not worth living and now these two little bundles of joy are on their way. So I think that Bruce is up there looking down on all of us and saying...see there are still good things in this world to look forward too. As I am typing this post the tears are flowing sad tears and some very happy tears. Bruce you would have made the BEST GRANDFATHER because you where a great dad. I'm soo looking forward to being a grandmother. Thanks to everyone that has helped me these last months without all of you guy's I don't know how I would have made it this far. Gail :wub:

Gail,

That is such wonderful news. You are really very blessed. It only goes to show that there are good things that will come into our lives if we just hang in there.

Hugs & prayers, :wub:

Corinne

Oh Gail that is wonderful and so ironic that Bruce said that and now it is happening ! CONGRATULATIONS !!! Now do you want to be called Grandma or something else ? I know my mom was our age when I had my first daughter and she felt too young to be called Grandma so she came up with Nan instead, but I have girlfriends my age that love to be called Grandma.

Love,

Wendy

I love the word, "Grandma." Congratulations on the double whammy! That is truly great. You have wonderful times ahead and you will love every minute of it. The hugs, kisses, spoiling and everything that goes with it. Great! Again, congratulations.

Your friend, Karen :wub:;)

Thanks Ladies...GRANDMA yes that is what I would the my grandkids to call. Yes this year is starting to look up. Bruce would be so happy to be having not one to two new gandbabies. Life is so funny...I thank God everyday for this wonderful gift that he has given me. I'm sure that Bruce is up there laugh and saying that is my family everyone..see how blessed we all are. This news of the new babies coming makes life a little easier to live. Two healthy babies is all we ask for. It is funny that one can be happy and sad all at the sametime. Again I will say thank you all for being here for me. Love Gail :wub:

My daughter's sons call me "Grandpa Bob" for some reason. The young nowadays. No respect.

And then what's up with things moving farther away so they take longer to walk to and I can't see them as well. They keep changing the scales so it shows more pounds. They keep changing clothes sizes on me, raising prices, speeding things up ... it's a communist plot, if you ask me ... I'm no different than I was when I was 25 ... haff .. kaff ... wheeze ...

Seriously, Gail, congratulations and enjoy the new arrivals!

--Bob

I love the word, "Grandma."

Gail

I am so happy for you. It's nice to here good things going on. You'll have just enough time to spoil the first one sufficiently before the second one comes along. And they will be so close in age they can grow up together. My blessings for you and your family.

Bob

Have your arms grown longer as well so you have to hold the newspaper up closer?

Suzanne

Yes they will be spoiled...that is a grandmothers job. All my kids live close to me about 5 miles apart. So yes the new littles ones will be close...they will go to school together. It is so hard to believe that Bruce is gone almost one year...he was so proud of his kids and good kids they are. Thanks again everyone it is nice to post something that a nice for a change. peace and love to all. Gail :wub:

Thank you Lyn and Lori...life is starting to look up that is for sure. The only dark spot is Bruce not being here..but then he will be looking down of us and help us all the way..if I cann't beleive that then I think that I will loss my mind. So my year looks like it will a busy one LOL. My mom was right when something bad happens GOD makes sure that you have something good also. Gail :wub:

Congratulation Gail,

Grand babies can bring a lot of joy to your life. During the time my husband was suffering from cancer, my granddaughter Cadence would see me crying and she would put her little hand on my arm and tell me "Grammy, don't be sad, Paw Paw will be alright". She always knew how to comfort me in her own lovable way. You're new grandkids will bring a lot of joy in your life. Your husband will always be there watching over them and you will enough love to give them for the both of you.

Again, Congratulations and spoil them rotten, that’s what grandparents are for,

Lynn

post-5501-1199644678_thumb.jpg

Lynn thanks that was what I'm going to do...SPOIL THEM ROTTEN. It's funny how life never turns out like we think it will. One year ago I thought that I would die with out Bruce..but now I have something good to life for. thanks again. Gail :wub:

Gail,

I am so happy for you, TWO grandbabies at once, how wonderful! The way my kids are going at it, I'll be OLD before I get to be a grandparent! -_-

What a wonderful perk in your life, I like to think Bruce is watching and sharing in the joy with you.

Thanks Ladies.. it is samething good to look forward to in the next few months. two beautiful grandbabies...my son and daughter-in-law are having a boy...my daughter and son-in-law it is to early to know but boy..girl as long as they are all healthy that is all that matters. The house will again will be filled with love..laughter..and yes hope. It is so nice after the dark clouds of this last year that we are having a ray of sunshine in our lives. thanks again. Gail :wub:

Congratulations "Grandma" Gail!!!! I have 3 grandkids of my own that I absolutely love to pieces!!!! They are 9, 7 & 5 and are just the best! Atleast I think so...my daughter was just "bitching" about them this morning, but that's what so great about being a grandma. And YES, I love being called grandma - only one of them calls me that. When the oldest was just learning to talk he came up with a really strange "name" to call me and I've always told everyone that I don't CARE what they call me....as long as they ALWAYS call me.

Being a grandma is so wonderful - and yes....you will go bankrupt!! :)

Congrats again and hugs to all of you!

I hope 2008 is good to all of you!!

Patti

Thanks Patti.. that was a joke he had with my daughter and daughter-in-law that i would be spending all of our money on the grandkids and you know he was so right. I just wish with all my heart that he was here to see the babies when they are born..but that was not how it to be. It is still funny to think that he said that over a year ago and now it is happening LOL. Well here is to a better year...just have to get through Jan 20 and that will be the day that Bruce is gone from for one full year..how can that be. Gail :wub: