Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Something For Each Of You To Remeber Your Lost Love

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.

I began a tradition the year Jack died and have continued it each year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I may have shared it in the past, however there are so many new faces on this site - as the years pass more and more lose someone they love.

Each year during these two holidays I light a series of candles and then before the holiday dinner the follow is read in memory of Jack - and now my Dad who died in 2007. Here is the message that is read. Perhaps some of you may find this comforting and decide to adopt the same beautiful ceremony:

I Remember Him

In the rising of the sun and its going down,

I remember him

In the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter,

I remember him

In the opening of buds and in the rebirth of spring,

I remember him

In the warmth of the sun and the peace of the summer,

I remember him

In the rustling of the beauty of autumn,

I remember him

In the beginning of the year and when it ends,

I remember him

When I am weary and in need of strength,

I remember him

When I am lost and sick at heart,

I remember him

When I have joys and yearn to share,

I remember him

So long as I live, he shall live,

For he is now a part of me,

As I remember him

Because he has been here, I will be different than I would have been. I will have to become his legacy. He travels with me into tomorrow. He may have died, but love never ends.

Love and Peace to each of you and your families,

John - Dusky is my handle on here

Love you Jack

Thank you, John - it's just what I need to remind me that Joe is here with me in spirit. Today's been hard - it feels like it's 48 hours long. I voluntarily chose not to go out to the several invitations that were extended to me. I'm so grateful to my friends, but to be honest, 15 minutes is about how long I can do small talk and socialize right now. So I cooked like a fiend all day. Made turkey, soup is cooking, am thinking a lot, praying, drinking wine (!), and I'm going to make it through my first thanksgiving without joe. I'm really down, but I'm also in my mind listing thanks for what I do have. Love and Peace to you as well, Marsha

Thank you for sharing that, it is special. Yes, we will always remember and never forget the special people they were and are to us.

Beautiful and very meaningful to me Dusky! Thanks so much for sharing this. I am copying and printing off. It will become my new tradition.

Nancy,

I see you reading this evening and have not noticed you posting....maybe I just missed you. Hope you are finding some comfort on this forum this lonely Thanksgiving evening.

Rosemary

John,

That if really beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us that are new to this site. I, too, hope to incorporate it into our holidays. It speaks volumes of the love we have been priviledged to be a part of.

Kath

(Psst...My "dachsund" wasn't a dachsund at all and I'm embarrassed, so you will be betting an original before too long. blush: )