Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I started taking Chantix to stop smoking. One daughter called and asked if it gave me nightmares. No nightmares, but last three nights of feeling Ray here beside me. 3 nights ago I woke up cause he was twitching in pain beside me. I pet the covers and said "It's okay" and it settled down. I was now awake so turned on the light and checked to see where the cat was and he was asleep on a chair. Next night I got woke up because I heard him snoring! And last night I woke up when I felt him get out of bed, and he said he needed to get some water. He was walking!!!! If this is from the Chantix I hope it keeps up. Real sad when you realize it was a dream but for a second it's like I have him here with me. Like he's telling me I am never alone even in the middle of the night...

All of these dreams sound positive to me (Marion and Jennalee), so I hope you can take comfort from them.

Hugs,

Korina

Marion,

I know the comfort you feel and my belief is there spirits are present, I hear Ruth talk to me all the time just as if she were here and at times I hear her moving about the house, I can always tell for sure when she is present as our dogs sense the spirit and act in a completely different way, in fact they start to play almost as if they are showing off for her and being encouraged....so if it's the chantix or just you being in touch with him, I wouldn't question it just enjoy as I do...I cry somedays because the presence is so strong but that's OK as I know tears are good....take care and God Bless...

NATS

The dreams have continues for 6 nights now. Differant each time. Only once saw him walk and speak but for the past 6 nights he has been in bed in the middle of the night. Letting me know I am never alone I feel. Hated going to bed, but now I like to go to bed hoping I will again wake up feeling him with me...........Might be my imagination but I don't think so cause it wakes me up each night. After he leaves I sleep so good.. If I am nuts, so be it. I like it.......................Most comfort I have had in 4 months...........

I had a dream early this morning, my wife was back and we were talking about everything that has happened since she passed. Funny part was I got up for a minute and when I came back to bed I had continued the conversation as I got back into bed. We talked for a few more minutes while I layed there in that twilight state between sleep and being awake. I showed her all of the things I have done around the house, we talked about how she has been, she looked beautiful and refreshed, I have felt her energy since she left as I have shared before, I know she still lives in my heart and my dreams. Nice gift this morning after a rough week.

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in awhile and I see alot of new names. First, let me say how sorry I am for your losses. Everyone here is so understanding and have helped me through some really rough times.

I have only had a couple of dreams since Pat passed almost 15 months. Although, I do not remember many of my dreams, I do get comfort from another sign. I have a song. I truly believe that our loved one are still with us and if it is a dream or a song we should take that as a gift and cherish it.

Take care everyone,

Kat

I took a nap today and when I woke up I felt him holding my hand,just like he use to when we would lay in bed. It felt so nice but yet made me cry because it reminded me of what I am missing and how much I miss him. Its very hard to grasp the fact that someone can be here one moment and then gone the next. He was sick for two months in the hospital and I never once let myself come to terms with the fact that he was dying. Only two days before he died did I realize and even then I couldnt face it. I look at the pictures on the wall and can go right back into that moment when the pictures were taken and so desperately want to go back to that moment in time.

Hi

Haven't been posting for a while, but I also dream a lot of my husband, and I always feel so good when I do, it is like he is right there with me again, everyone is right enjoy your dreams, you are not crazy, he is with you and that is how I believe they can communicate with us is through dreams.

So sorry for all the new people that I see, sorry you had to join this sad club, but this site will help you

take care

karen

It's so good to hear that other people have dreams of their loved ones. I have had two wonderful dreams in the past nine months. Last week one night I woke up to the feeling that someone was slowly pulling the blankets off of me. I was absolutely terrified, how could someone have gotten into the house, I have an alarm system and a large dog. I tried to scream but no sound came. Then I felt a pressure on the bed and "someone " telling me it was okay. As soon as I heard that, I knew it was Lars checking up on me.

I love the feeling that he comes to visit me, and hope that it continues.

Has anyone else experienced bad dreams? This was not caused from any type of medication,not on anything.

Lainey

When Mark first died I had a lot of dreams where I was searching for him and couldn't find him. I was always wondering where he was and why he wan't coming home. One time I even dreamed he was with another womend and wouldn't even hug me. Then my dreams changed and I would see him in the distance but I couldn't get to him or when I got there he would be gone. Finally a had dreams where we just held each other. There was finally a peace to us. I would often ask him questions in the dreams but he never answered and he always seemed confused that I was so emotional.

Now I am having dreams where he talks to me. He once told me how proud he was of me for trying so hard to be strong. He hs held me and it felt so real. Once I felt like we were really together and then I came swooshing back. I think some of my dreams were stress and longing to understand what happened. Now I feel like he is actually visiting me when I need him the most.

I started taking Chantix to stop smoking. One daughter called and asked if it gave me nightmares. No nightmares, but last three nights of feeling Ray here beside me. 3 nights ago I woke up cause he was twitching in pain beside me. I pet the covers and said "It's okay" and it settled down. I was now awake so turned on the light and checked to see where the cat was and he was asleep on a chair. Next night I got woke up because I heard him snoring! And last night I woke up when I felt him get out of bed, and he said he needed to get some water. He was walking!!!! If this is from the Chantix I hope it keeps up. Real sad when you realize it was a dream but for a second it's like I have him here with me. Like he's telling me I am never alone even in the middle of the night...

I had a boss tell me he was 3rd generation pychic. He said he don't tell many people. His grandmother was a mountain woman who people knew about her and would come to her. All three can sense ghosts. I can't. I get dream visits. He said he told me cause he sensed I had something. I told him not for others just those I knew would come and leave a message. He said my husband was still in the house. He came the day after he died with his wife and several other bosses I knew. His mother told him to tell me to speak to him at night with love and light a white candle(the flame illuminates). Tell him to go to the light cause to be a residual ghost is not what it's all about. MIght give us comfort since we love him but the light is the purpose. My husband died at 16 and was brought back at the hospital it happened at. He saw the light and left his body. He told the parents and doctors who was there and what they said. He saw from looking down at them. He was mad when they brought him back. He never feared death after that. The boss's mom met my husband a few months before he committed suicide. She told my boss that all she saw was a black aura. She knew he was going to go soon. He took his own life three months later. She may have sensed his obscession to finish it. Never doubt it may be him. Dreams are visits when you feel an electrical energy that actually wakes you up. Mine has contacted me. Symbols that meant something only to us. Messages that he's ok but sad being apart from me. He's with his parents/they came and told me. But he's at peace now. I still feel I got the worst part. I have to live and miss him everyday. Take comfort but tell him to go to the light and wait for you. Linda Kay

I had a dream early this morning, my wife was back and we were talking about everything that has happened since she passed. Funny part was I got up for a minute and when I came back to bed I had continued the conversation as I got back into bed. We talked for a few more minutes while I layed there in that twilight state between sleep and being awake. I showed her all of the things I have done around the house, we talked about how she has been, she looked beautiful and refreshed, I have felt her energy since she left as I have shared before, I know she still lives in my heart and my dreams. Nice gift this morning after a rough week.

Your's sounds like a visitation. The energy you felt and in the twighlight state is when it happens. If they have passed on they can only come in dream visits. You always feel good when a visit happens.I've had tears of joy that I was talking to him only to realize it was a visit and not real. Still I wish it would happen more often. Linda Kay

Hi

Haven't been posting for a while, but I also dream a lot of my husband, and I always feel so good when I do, it is like he is right there with me again, everyone is right enjoy your dreams, you are not crazy, he is with you and that is how I believe they can communicate with us is through dreams.

So sorry for all the new people that I see, sorry you had to join this sad club, but this site will help you

take care

karen

You've got it right. They do, just be perceptive enough to communicate back. They're trying to reassure you. Linda Kay