Grief Healing Discussion Groups

A while back I posted about my Honey's obsession with the number 37. It came from a joke he heard as a young man, the punchline was "I accidentally fell on the knife 37 times". He would make references like "We could win 37million dollars" or "We'll end up with 537thousand of them". Last night I counted out the weeks to 37 and when I got there I was dumbfounded... from Thursday Sept 2nd I counted 37 weeks and when I saw the date was the 19th I thought "No way" I looked up to the month and there it was...May. I was hit with a bunch of emotions. May 19th is my birthday. I found myself laughing and crying at the same time. I have had so many thoughts run through my head, how very odd it seems. Coincidences... mabey, but it felt like more that that.

Rachel

HI Rachel,

Thanks for sharing, it brought a smile to my face. Considering my experiences, I would be inclined to think it was more than that too....:)

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

How strange!!

My Michael sent me a phone message after he died - it was a bounce back of a message I had already listened to - no one I know has ever had this happen... Michael has come to me a few times since, crawling into bed with me - talking, I've seen him head to the his side of the bed - glass of milk in hand and once he was bringing me strawberry yogurt... Can't be explained - hasn't happend now in a few months - but I know I pray all the time for "it" to happen again... Iwould give anything to see him again. Take care, Deb

Dear Rachel,

I used to "happen" to notice digital clocks and watches displaying 11:11 and 1:11 with amazing frequency. I thought that there must be some hidden meaning. First it seemed kind of ominous. Then, when my late fiancee and I were deciding a wedding date, I remebered the 11's and sure enough; 11:11 was a Saturday. We scheduled our wedding for that date. Now it took on a positive feeling. Well, she was killed in an accident on 11/10; a year and a day before our planned wedding. Wow.

Since then I don't see these numbers as frequently on clocks, but I do notice when i'm reading books that I notice pages 11 and 111 pretty regularly.

Hi Mrcelloboy

Wow is right, Im so sorry for your loss. I feel for you...

I dont know what everyones beliefs are but I feel that "The One" "The Almighty" knew I would be counting the "37"s and chose his passing date as a message to me. What I have gotten from this is that it was in fact time for him to go on and that he is in fact still the jokester he always was. Also that my life should be celebrated to the full extent of my ability, though I struggle with just getting by right now and have trouble just getting out of the house except for work.

Rachel

Dear Rachel,

I admire your positive attitude and your Faith. I am so sorry that it is such a struggle to just get by and getting out of the house except for work...hugs.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Just when I am feeling really lost it seems like something happens that makes me truly believe that Pat is still with me. I have mentioned before that there is a song that I know is from Pat. It had special meaning to us. It plays at the strangest times. Mostly when I either need to hear it or when I feel he is trying to tell me that he is with me. Last year on Valentine's Day I bought balloons which I let go at the cemetary. The strange thing is that when I started my car after buying the balloons the song came on the radio. I decided to buy the balloons again this year. I decided to buy them on Saturday since Valentines fell on Monday. When I got in the car on Saturday to go buy the balloons the song was on the radio again. This cannot be a coincidence. Two years in a row????? I truly want to believe. Just needed to share. I know everyone here will not think I am crazy.

Take care, Kat

Hi Kat, you're not crazy... I remember when Michael first passed, I'd be watching TV and the channel would just change to the "Discovery Channel" - his favourite... I don't have that channel anymore, it was too painful to watch without him... There are way too many stories of guardian angels and the like to believe they are just completely gone. I like to think they are there for us while we need them and slowly will let us go as we grow into our new lives. However, I also like to think they will be there waiting for us. I know I wrote about the final episode of Medium, where her husband died in a tragic airplane crash and the show fast-forwarded to her death when she was in her 80's or 90's - her husband was there to take her hand at the age "they" were when he died... I'm holding on to this image and thought... Take care, Deb