Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Transformations On This Path

I want Bentley to be well, Jan to be well, Anne to pass her tests with superb reports, Mary to get some rest, Mary in Arkansas to be having some peace from the services, and Kay to get paid. And Kristin to get her business launched successfully. The cards are cute. Nice motto, too. Shannon, if you read this, I hope you are feeling better, stronger, and more in control of at least a few things.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amen to all of the above...I couldn't figure out how to reply after I quoted, I must have done something wrong. And let me add: for fae to be well rested!

Amen! I had half a night of good sleep but then woke up and coughed a lot. I really think this is a warning to me. I need to take better care of myself. I'm off to see my little family again on 24th May so I have quite a few days to rest. I have just realised that on 16th May is the anniversary of Pete's Farewell (I couldn't call it a funeral) and this is significant because it was the day when everyone gathered to remember him, and read poems, and reminiscences, and when his dear body was cremated. I can hardly bear to think about that. I've been doing a little gardening but the weather here is cold - 55 but feels like 50 because there is such a cold wind.

Amen to all of the above...I couldn't figure out how to reply after I quoted, I must have done something wrong. And let me add: for fae to be well rested!

Totally agree...everyone needs to take care of themselves...

Jan, I believe, at least for me, the day of remembrance (memorial, funeral) however we call it...it is an anniversary and I will be thinking of you on Thursday. I remember you telling us way back last summer about the service in the barn...I think sitting on bales of hay if I recall correctly.

I hate to say it but it is in the high 80s if not low 90s today. The trees are blossoming finally. We had frost the night before last and corn snow on Saturday but here we are watching the earth come alive again. I hope...really hope...the temps increase for you soon....like NOW.

Peace

Mary

Jan, I hope your cough quiets and can let you have some rest before you visit with your family again.

Mary, Wow, you are having some weather swings! It wasn't long ago and you had snow. It's mild here right now, 58-65 daytime, 38-45 nighttime.

Jan,

Prior to more visits, can you arrange to have at least ten days alone, in your home, with no company or visitors, and just REST???

From all you have shared, I really think you need some time to rest, get back to your center, and just BE.

Can you put off the visit for a week or so?

You really need to focus on YOU and Rest and Healing. If you were here, I would be putting you to be with a cup of cocoa and a book, but I would also turn off the lights in a while and make sure you were just resting.

If one of us had your cough and need for rest and healing, what would you tell us to do, huh!? Not be visiting, I am sure!

You would tell us to rest, have a quiet time, and let our bodies and hearts heal.

And now, I am going to go take a nap. It is going to be a very busy day once I must meet at the office with the accountant in a couple of hours. Nap time.

Jan, go rest.

Mary, I hope you and Bentley are both resting.

Nap time. Now.

fae

Kay, we really are having weather swings. It is weird. I swear the entire planet is up for grabs...weather, politics, education, medical care, you name it. It is a chapter of transition, I believe...

fae, good advice to Jan....Jan, do take time...for you...just you.

Peace

Mary

I am resting. Honest! And I will do so (mostly) until a week on Friday so that is loads of time to focus upon me. Fae, thank you for your concerns, and it really helps me to take more care of myself. We are such a warm loving community here. I know that when we say we care we truly do.

Jan, so glad to her you are resting! We want to hear your cough is gone. :)

Mary, I think the whole world's gone nuts.

fae

chaos precedes change...all chaos leads to change...i was just thinking about this today. Deepak Chopra said that and I think we are in chaos preceding a change towards peace, love, spirituality...i.e. being the One we are.

I just love how we all care for one another - such genuine concern. Did you get your truck fixed yet, Kay? Oh fae, I am so glad to hear that you are taking a day. Your schedule would have me in a whirlwind of confusion. :P And Jan dear, take care of that cough - I always use honey, lemon and tea when my throat is sore and I'm coughing. Mary, dear Mary - you are our rock - thank you for all you do. Please keep us updated to how Bentley is doing - we're all related in some way, you know, so there is a reason we are all concerned. Good ol' Deepak Chopra - 'chaos precedes change...' we all can learn from him. I have fallen into the 'peace' mode for now only I am realistic enough to know that I may not alway stay there! Anne

That's what I use, too, Anne, when I have a cold. I add cinnamon to the mix.

It's my car, not my truck, that got hit, and they didn't have it ready last night, hopefully tonight.

Sorry about the nattering, and I will take it down later. It is going up on another site. But I think clearly with you guys, you see. I think the guys are moving the server contents to the new server even as I type this. Yikes! This may get lost in cyberspace!

Testing, testing.

Mary, you are still a most excellent teacher. And patient, whew!

Yes, Mary, of course, Anne, and certainly, Kay, and Jan, and Mary, and Marty, and all of us. You are all good teachers here. I thank you once again. :wub:

Were we not One, I doubt that this fire would stay lit so very well, and of course, it is only lit by L*ve. :)

Marty is the fire-bringer, the hearth-tender, the elixir server, or, as it was in my dream, the ambrosia-server.

Actually, we each of us do all these things, do we not?

We bathe each other's feet, comb oils through each other's hair, soothe broken hearts, and serve with compassion where our hearts lead us to serve, do we not, around this fire?

We open our hearts and manifest L*ve for those of our Tribes, here and elsewhere, and at this fire, for each other here, do we not? (I assume you all see the interlocking web of Grace that makes an intersection here at this fire.)

I get to say that here, among us, Gods. Thou art God. :) "Grok!"

*<twinkles>*

fae

Sorry about the nattering, and I will take it down later. It is going up on another site. But I think clearly with you guys, you see. I think the guys are moving the server contents to the new server even as I type this. Yikes! This may get lost in cyberspace! Testing, testing.

Mary, you are still a most excellent teacher. And patient, whew!

fae, I am not sure if you are joking or not about the server contents being moved but from what I know, nothing is being moved.

Thanks for the compliment. Not sure where you get the patient thing but thanks.

Mary

Oh, Mary, my own new server is being loaded today. The new server is installed, and the guys are moving the contents from the other servers.

I am so sorry for the confusion. After the server confusion here, before, I was a tad concerned, so I KNEW if I posted some nattering here, it would get saved on Marty's server. Sorry to be a leach. But I fell off quickly. :P

The server contents of other servers is now one server that serves all of Doug's and my web sites , and all our contents were/are being moved today. It is also our hosting site and our email sites go through it. It is our new, secure, private server owned by our NFP.

I am sorry. Things are back up now, and I will take down nattering here and move it and publish some of it with later emendations.

Thank you.

Doug called himself our web slave. :)

But now, we have our own private server for a lot of our work and the work of others doing the same kind of work. PEACE. :)

Much Love,

fae

Well, back to business as usual. After some scary minutes, I think the new server of Ours, not HOV, is working very well. Happiness.

This has been a not so restful day, due only a bit to the server moves.

The big news is that we have a wildfire about three miles from here, above the Missouri River, still not contained, and very close.

I had been feeling so very pushed to get things in the house packed and out in fireproof storage, and I now think my Angels, including Doug, have been pushing me along.

I say this because I realized today that I am ahead of the game. When dear neighbors were talking about what they should pack in their cars (we must have our autos facing towards the roads, and we may have only 15 minutes notice, they tell us) I realized that I only needed to toss in clothes, and that while there are things here that I would regret losing, pretty much all the truly precious heirlooms are already out of the house. Not terribly valuable, but very precious things. It is interesting to walk around the house and realize that I could lose so much and it would be okay. It would also be nice to have the fire be put out in an hour, however.

But I am very thankful that I have been packing up things for these past few weeks, and storing things away from here, due mostly to the sere surroundings of dry pine and grasses. We are desperate for rain here, any moisture at all. We have had no spring rains to speak of. As my Gram would say, it hasn't rained enough to settle the dust. She would be right. So, although I have taken a wonderful bubble bath today, and would love to slide into bed early with a book, I will probably get dressed again and go to the next incident update at 9 PM down at the intersection. My friends who are a nurse and retired NFS fire boss offered to come over and help me clear furniture, brush, anything close to the house away. But I put them off, because I do not have the energy to even serve them water, much less help or supervise anything right now.

I have hauled two really full CRV loads of cartons and precious little things to the fire proof storage. The house still looks fairly normal. Some special art is gone. I am really tired. What a turn-about from my planned day of reading and rest. If we are evacuated, I will take my laptop along. This is the third time we have had fires very close. Fortunately, we also have the Missouri very close, and the helicopters just scoop up their water loads right from the river.

The joys of mountain living. :) Well, at least a hazard and some excitement, although not the sort we usually hope to have.

I am going to go lie down for a while, and then may pack another load and head down to the meeting. Quite the day. Fires popping up all around, by the way. It is terribly dry here.

Peace,

fae

fae, do keep us in the loop. I am so sorry your so much needed day of rest got so crazy and that a forest fire lurks nearby. I lived in the mountains and I know that fear...I of course hope they get it under control.

My friend's son was the fire mitigator for that huge CO fire last year and she lived in fear waiting to hear from him each day because he was in the heart of it giving orders and sizing it all up. Bill and I drove through one out there once and the smoke alone was horrific. I pray they get this under control. I understand your saying that if you lost a lot of your possessions it is ok. I get that. When the worst has happened, a few material things lose their importance.

I hope you get some rest. Do keep us aware. Your are in my thoughts and prayers

Mary

Oh, my dear fae, I hate the word fire - so much is destroyed when they get out of control. I shall be praying. You have been working so hard to get things packed. I hope you have a chance to rest. Please let us know you are in my thoughts. anne

fae,

I hope none of the fires are nearby! I'll be praying too. We have nothing but rain in the foreseeable forecast, as much as I'm not enamored with rain, we need it.

I honestly don't know how you do what you do. I just go to work and come home, mostly and I'm tired!

Got my car back last night but notice a black mark on the hood, wasn't there before accident, will have to call & find out what to do about it (white car), I was so focused on the dent plus the outside of the car was dirty when accident occurred I hadn't noticed, my pictures are all of the scuff/dents below. Anyway, if it's too late I'll have to live with it, I already returned rental. They told me to only wash with dishsoap for three months. Oh well, will see...

Up at 3 this morning, couldn't sleep, going to be another long day, can't wait until tonight!

Good Morning and thank you everyone for the kind good wishes.

The closest reach of the fire is about two miles from the house, but that line is reported as under containment.

The fireS (more than one now) are partially contained, but packing will continue at the house today. The air is very smoky and hazy out here, but the fireS do not seem to be moving much this morning, as there is not much wind. We are hoping for some rain later today and later this week as well. There was some thunder last night, but no rain. The huge Cat is now less than a half mile from the house, parked and ready to blade fire lines if needed.

My friend Jenny is coming out today and we will pack more things to move out of the house.

I have not been this tired (or have not been aware of being this tired) in quite a while. I have come back to bed, and am typing this on my laptop, and will rest here another half hour or so. Then, I MUST get up, because I have the board treasurer in town today, two meetings, and need to do some things in the office before Jenny comes to the house to help with packing. Fortunately, my finger is healing, so I am thankful for that small Grace.

I will keep you all posted if things change, but it looks as though the closest fire should be entirely contained by tonight, if the winds do not pick up.

Kay, push some rain this way, please. :)

*<winkles>*

fae

Rain.

Kay, that was fast!

We had a shower. The ground is wet. Thank you, and thank all the Angels and Universe, G*d and all creation!

The air is a bit clearer. This should slow the fires. I just heard also that the arsonist who may have set several of these fires has been arrested. He must be very mentally ill. Poor soul. But at least, maybe no more fires will begin today.

Whew!

Much Love to Everyone, as I haul this tired and sore body off to the office for a few hours of working.

*<twinkles>*

fae

fae, thanks for keeping us appraised. I hope that CAT can go home and all is well. I will check in later.

Kay, I am sorry about your car. If that mark was from the accident they should have taken care of it. It is not too late to check. You continue to deal with big and little things....and do it so well.

Mary