Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Update On Shan, Prayers Needed

Dear Mary and Shannon,

My prayers are with you today and always.

Mary, please do be gentle and caring with yourself as much as you are with others, dear heart.

*<twinkles>*

fae

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you all!

And Marty, thank so much for sharing the link with me. I will definitely take a look. :)

I have very good news!

Shan has been fever free almost 24 hrs... Without Tylenol!

She was very awake last night, though she thought it was April :( and she asked how and where Leo was. She thought he was in the hospital still. I had to be honest with her. I'm still confused about how badly her memory has been effected. The dr and her therapist are not surprised though. Her therapist said she will begin to recall the events of Leo's death. Her body AND mind both have been through so much and still has a huge fight to fight.

Later this morning she is having some more tests. But if she improves more and more in the next few weeks and does not have infections and gains strength and there is significant growth of the healthy bone marrow... Then we can discuss her coming home.

My heart is so happy for her. However, my heart breaks because she just doesn't recall Leo's last days. :(

Such wonderful news, Mary. Perhaps that Shannon does not remember Leo's last days is good for now. She will better heal and be able to deal with that when her strength comes back. I think she is being protected as she continues to heal. Prayers are always with you. I am so glad that you have a "happy heart" right now. Anne

Mary, in 2004-5 I sprained my ankle 3 different times...finally dumped the sandals....anyway...I have also broken an ankle years ago playing racquetball. The sprain hurt far more and took longer to heal but keeping it elevated was so so important.

As for Shannon...I continue to hold her and all of you in my heart and prayers.

Peace

Mary

Mary,

Thank you for this wonderful news! I know how dear all of us hold our last memories with our spouse and I pray Shannon gets hers back. My mom has Dementia and doesn't remember a lot about my dad, which I find incredulous, but I just tell her about him and that they loved each other very much and that he has been dead 31 years. It's like there's a disconnect though because nothing will jog her "memory", it's like me telling her about something but it's not real for her.

For Shannon, I hope and pray that something can jog her memory because I know those last times together are precious, even if difficult, even if painful. They help us accept what's transpired.

But I am so stoked about her fever going away! That is great news! And that she was awake. Did they let you visit with her in person or were you only able to talk to her by phone?

Thanks,

Yes I was able to go in and sit with her. She has to wear a mask. And I wore a pretty yellow gown... LOL... And mask. She has been awake a lot today. And still no temp and she even ate real food! Well, soup anyway. :)

Kay, I'm sorry, that must be so difficult for you to care for your Mom and have to tell her things that she doesn't recall.

Shannon remembered Leo passed and some of the circumstances. Now she won't much talk about him. I'm sure that will all come in time. I suppose yes, her mind is trying to protect itself and her body right now.

I've got to keep this foot up now.

I did tell her that all of you are thinking of her and praying for her... I took your names with me and she knew you! :)

So thank you so much from she and I.

Mary, thank you for the wonderful encouraging news! A step at a time. She'll talk when she's ready, everyone handles it differently, and she has so much on her plate right now just trying to get well.

Glad you're keeping your foot up, as much as you can.

Dear Mary,

Your news is very encouraging. I've seen those yellow gowns--even worn one once--and they really are something else.

We all keep you, Shannon, and your family in our hearts and minds.

Peace,

Harry