Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Update On Mary, Shannon's Sil

Stopping in to let you know that our prayers continue for Mary and the family. I hope the flu bug has left your home and that you have had a chance to see Mary, Butch. Please whisper in her ear that we are holding her close and want to hear from her soon. Anne

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This message was typed by Mary today when our son saw her. I'm still sick.

"Everyone,
Thank you so very much for your thoughts prayers love etc
It's been nine days since I had heart surgery. I'm in my own "normal" room and the sun is shining in. thoigh people in and out every five minutes for ridiculous "this and that's". Hospital means rest... Yet no one ever gets any! Anyway, because of pain, low blood pressure, and still some angina, I am just awake now so thought I'd type to you all. Saw my son but not hubby. He's very sick with flu. But my son is bringing this to him to send to you guys. The Internet here is slim to none. It was this way when Shan was in last year you'd think they would make it better... It's 2014! It maybe my service provider too.
I will be staying in the hospital a while for cardiac rehab instead of outpatient because of my touchy low blood pressure and weakness and diabetes. Leo had his first bypass in 2006 and he was home in a week. But he was healthier then.
I miss my family. This month will be six months for Shan. May will be a year for my brother. June will be ten yrs for my other brother. :(
Ok. I'm being sternly told I need to get up for my "stroll" around the room and then my breathing treatment and back to bed.
Hubby should send this tonight.
Love to you all. Xo"

Dear shannon,

Good to "hear" your voice again. Do why they tell you and get home soon. You are in all our thoughts.

Be well.

Peace,

Harry

Dear Mary

I am so glad you are feeling well enough to type and glad you got to see your son. I hope Butch recovers from the flu quickly so the two of you can visit. You are continually held in our hearts and we pray for you recover enough to go home soon.. I am sure you would like to be away from hospitals and be home.

Peace,

Mary

Dear Mary,

So VERY HAPPY to hear from you, to know you are up doing some strolling around, and that even though you aren't getting enough rest, you are healing and getting better.

Hurray!

and of course

*<twinkles>*

fae

Mary, every time your name pops into my head, I pray for you. So far it seems my prayers are being answered, although not as quickly as I'd hope...not as quickly as YOU'D hope! :) Hoping you continue mending and can come home soon...and that your Butch gets well quickly too. This must have been a very long week for you both.

New update on Mary:

Thank you Kay. I'm feeling better.

Mary has been struggling since surgery. Her blood pressure crashed to 50/20 and heart rate went extremely high then stopped last night. I was "thrown out" of her room as they got her back. Then rushed her back into a second surgery, opening her heart up a second time, and discovered bleeding from one of grafts as well as a blood clot. They rectified it. Of course now, risks are more possible. However, she is in ICU and her blood pressure has remained at an excellent stable level. She still has the breathing tube for another day just to be certain thing remain copacetic. I will be going back in the morning when they take the tube out and she will be able to talk. Well, as much as her voice will let her. That tube really puts a damper on the vocal cords.

cleardot.gif

Mary, it is so good to hear from you and know that you have once again conquered another mountain in your healing process. You continue to be in my thoughts and heart.

Peace

Mary

I am so sorry to hear of this setback. Thank you for giving us this update, Kay. What more can this family take. Butch, we are praying and holding you all close. I am glad you are feeling better. I hope that breathing tube can come out soon. Give Mary special love from all of us. Anne

I don't know, I just wish something wonderful would happen for them and break this cycle of hardship. I don't know how long before Mary can come on line and read our messages to her, but at least Butch is feeling better now.

Mary, when you are able to read this, know that we are thinking of you and keep you continually in our prayers. We're so glad you're hanging in there, you have a husband to live for, keep on fighting to live!

Further news:

Mary is doing so much better. Her vitals are stable. She will be out of ICU tomorrow.

Mary is doing well. She is sleeping a lot. Waking to walk around little bits up and down the hall. And eating three meals a day, though small, and not to her liking. Her body needs the sleep. We are hoping she can come home in a week and have cardiac rehab here.
She's got some other things to tell the group at some point. Plans for mid to late April. If she is up to it and has Dr permission.
Goodnight. Blessings to you and the group.

Dear Butch

Thank you for the update. You are all continuing to be in my thoughts, my prayers and my heart. I am glad to hear of Mary's progress and please do tell her she is loved.

Mary

Praying for continued healing for Mary, and courage for both Mary and Butch. They have both had such a time. Hope Mary gets to come home soon. Kay, thanks for keeping us up to date.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas

Dear Mary and Butch,

I am relieved to hear that things are turning around and starting to go in a better direction. It is past time for you to be able to move in a more positive direction as a family.

Mary, you know I am sending you lots of {{{hugs}}} and also *<fairy dust>*.

Mostly, I am sending healing prayers and thoughts, and holding you close in my heart as you heal and grow strong again.

Much Love,

fae

Mary, when you at last are able to read this, I hope you know how much you've been missed here (and esp. at home with Butch!). We hope each passing day brings you more strength and stability to your body and hope to your heart.

I am praying and sending you much love, dear Mary. I am so happy to hear that you are up and about. Walking and moving are so very important as you are healing.

Anne

Dear Mary & Butch,

Keep the good news coming. You are both very much in our minds, hearts, and thoughts.

Peace,

Harry

News from Butch:

Mary will be home tomorrow Kay. I imagine she will want to update everyone this weekend. Of course she has quite a recovery to go, but has progressed well this week.

Dear Mary and Butch,

How wonderful that you are home, Mary, and can begin the next stage of your healing process. And Butch, I am certain you are glad to have Mary home and perhaps say good-bye to hospitals for a long while. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary

What wonderful news. This is what we have been waiting for - blessings to the whole family and I can hardly wait to hear from Mary when she is well enough to say hello to us. Thank you, Kay, for helping us keep in touch with Mary through Butch. Resting and healing are the prescriptions now knowing that we send you love.

Anne