Getting On Top Of My Health

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kay,

I'm so glad to hear you say that your healing is coming along well ("as expected"), and that you didn't have to wait long. Prayers for you are being answered. I'm amazed at how much you are doing. I know you are doing what you need to do, but do be careful. I'm glad Arlie had a good stay with his friend Sammy.

Blessings,

Carrie

I had a friend tell me yesterday that her son got his gallbladder out and was back to work in three days (he works at a gas station). She seemed to think I'm a wuss. I told her that his doctor never would have okayed his going back to work in three days, and especially to a physical job that requires that much movement (pumping gas). He is 40 years younger than me, but all the same, it was not okay to rush it that much.

People who tell you things like that make me shake, Kay. What difference does it make if her son was (forgive me) dumb enough to go back to work at the risk of endangering his health so soon after surgery? And who knows if that story is true anyway? You are NOT a wuss, and you need to listen to your own body and your own wisdom. And no comparisons allowed anyway ~ you already know that we do not do that here ;)

I'm sure it's true, but it was foolhearty. Anyway, there's a big difference between 22 and 62, not only for physical rebound, but wisdom. I feel my body is healing inside really fast, just need more stamina, but it's building. A big difference from Wednesday to today. I just have to pace myself. Okay, no comparisons...

Dear Kay,

Yes, well, everything Marty said, certainly.

As well, your body will regain stamina, energy, and strength as your body no longer needs all that energy for healing. Trust the healing process that our Creator so beautifully designed into our bodies. Practice patience. Do little things. I am still at the point that I know I must rest and nap between 3-5 in the afternoon, and also must go to bed earlier than usual, and get up later. I also know that when I exert myself physically, I need to take a little while to rest and let my energy recharge a bit.

Let the wisdom of your healing body send its messages to you, and listen with compassion and gentleness. It does not matter about anyone else's experience: this is your unique body, and you know best what can be done and how much healing rest you need.

And, ahem, yes, I do know where you live. :)

Be gentle and patient with this healing process. There are no expectations on you. Except that you allow the healing process to proceed at its own, gentle rhythm.

Namaste,

fae

I am wishing you ladies better health and healing.

Kay, I forgot to tell you our niece, Leo's daughter, had emergency gull bladder surgery 6 days ago. She was in the hospital 4 days. She is home now. She may not think about returning to work for 6 weeks. Sadly, she couldn't be with all of us as Mary passed. She will come down when her healing takes place further.

Praying for rest, peace, and healing for all who are struggling.

Butch ❤️

Thank you.

Butch, I hope your niece regains her strength way sooner! I'm doing well, if I was working I would probably be back by now, just because that's always how I was, pushing myself. But being retired, I don't have to any more, I can take my time and fully recover. :)

It will be nice when she is able to visit you.