Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I've found that music sometimes help in my darkest hours. These are the songs from Daniel's service. They still make me cry, but are a balm to my soul too. I thought I would share in case they help any of you.

With Hope - Steven Curtis Chapman

Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion

Welcome Home - Micheal W Smith

This one was my song to Daniel. He was my home.
Feels Like Home - Chantal Kreviazuk
Please let suggest other songs that you've found helpful during this time. My old dog is probably tired of hearing these over and over.

Your songs are just beautiful Amy. Thank you for sharing. Music is such a big part of my grief journey.

And thank you, Marty, for the link you posted about Grief Songs: Music for the Grieving Heart. I spent some time looking for it and figured you had taken it off an older link. I am so glad I have it again.

I also have a music board on Pinterest, but It's more about music that soothes me and is not all focused on grief.

Anne

Music is so powerful. It may be sad and have so many of those trigger moments but how I love listening to it. Our lives were so into music. So many nights we would sip wine and listen to the stereo just holding eachother. Kathy so related to that Celine Dion song Amy. She told me it was how she felt before we married. I never told her that it was me who should have been singing it to her.

I don't mind it when the tears come when I listen to her IPOD and hear those songs she kept. So many of them spoke of her love for me I think. I have a thing for lyrics and so did she. Music is like painting. You draw pictures of life and love. It's just viewed through our ears.

There is a song by Nick Lachey that I just listened to on her IPOD in my car. It is titled "What's Left of Me" and I wish I knew how to load it on to this computer and attach it but it speaks so much of how I felt when I first got to know her. I never heard the song till she was gone and I found her IPOD in a drawer.

And this is the one that I think of now. I sent him this song before we were married, but how prophetic is turned out to be.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oW6vx5AOMqM"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing!