Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Voices and Visits

Butch, no you're not insane.  If you are, you have plenty of company. There's so much unknown about that other sphere we enter when we leave our bodies, we're just beginning to learn about it. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last month I had a most incredible event. I went to bed as usual about 9:30. I always sleep on my side facing my bedroom closet. I was wakened by a pressure on my back as if someone was lying up against me. Lying in the dark awake, my eyes wide open , the pressure became stronger and then included my shoulder and then on my cheek.  I knew it was Kathy because I never forget how it felt when she was up against me. I know skin to skin contact, believe me. Then on my cheek I felt pressure and a wetness as if she was crying. I spoke out to her asking what was wrong. I turned the light on at my nightstand when I no longer felt her on me and got out of bed unable to sleep for the remainder of the night. My cheek was dry, but what I felt was wet and I know I was bloody awake. I can't explain but I know it was real. It took a lot for her to do this thing. I made an appointment with the medium I see from time to time but it can't happen till the fifth of October and frankly I'm not really seeking answers. If something comes of it then so be it.

When talking with a friend who is also widowed and has had a few such encounters of her own, I mentioned how concerned I was that Kathy was crying. She enlightened me about what happens when you see someone you love after a long absence. She asked "Could it be that they were tears of joy?" I think that made a lot of sense.

Edited by KATPILOT

Stephen, how very special!

I felt him tonight.  I didnt see him or hear him but i felt him. I was having a hard night- and was in tears again when i felt all of it lift all of a sudden and i dont know how to describe it but....i just knew he was there with me and all the burdens and guilt I've been carrying around felt lighter

I might be losing my mind.......i might want it so bad my head is playing tricks on me..,, but i swear i finally felt my Michael ♡♡

Edited by Harleyquinn

I know that so many books tell you to take the approach to be grateful for each day...I try.  Harleyquinn, I know it sometimes tests our beliefs, but like Marty says, listen or "feel" with your heart.  I am blessed to know that Mark is with me each day.  Some times I feel it SO STRONG, like arms wrapped around me...or a touch on the side of the face.  There are many times it gets me through the day. You are not losing your mind.  My husband worked HARD to get me a message, and went to one of the top people to relay it.  All to let me know he is STILL here.  Accept it and enjoy.

I was reading the posts here, thinking of how wonderful it is to be in touch, and asked Doug if he would reach out to me right now.  He did, and he said. "Tell them we are here."

I don't consider myself psychic, a medium, or even particularly sensitive to energetics, but these things keep happening.  I have come to simply accept it and now consider it fairly "normal" for us to be in touch with those we love. It is comforting.

*<twinkles>*

feralfae

Marty you are a remarkable person.....I feel a little regretl for in my past life(before retirement) I managed many people and gave normal bereavement leave, offered  condolences without understanding what some of these people were really going through. As I sit now, except for the odd slip with the daytime beers, I find myself with two Bibles, prayer book, and fully committed to learn. Those 20 tips on contact are so true.....I actually say a few words at night in prayer and a few words to Angela..........Paper and Pen are at my bedside. It is amazing how many people are experiencing what we are going through.....this sight is great

I particularly liked the first link.  I wish the listing on Amazon for the book showed excerpts, but alas this one did not.

Thanks, Marty, I totally missed that!  I was looking below instead of above it!

Marty your posts are amazing as is the links you provide for us. Thank you so much. I have yet to have anything tangible from my beloved husband but I certainly (and my son and husband) did last year when mum died. I think your advice below is perfect Marty.

Stephen, your experience was amazing. The tears came as I read it. I have no doubt your wife was so happy to see you they were tears of joy, but also she was giving you an extra 'sensation' of wet to prove to you to beyond any doubt she was there by your side as I know she always is. That was very forward thinking of her as it was an extra physical sensation. When my son and I saw the spirit body of my mother in our garden, he saw it first and I saw nothing. Then when she faded to him, I saw her and he couldn't. This again was adding an extra dimension, because if we had seen her at the same time we might both disbelieve our eyes but seeing her singly made it far harder for either of us to dismiss. Plus my son described to me perfectly what he saw moment before I saw her. I think our loved ones are so anxious we don't dismiss these experiences or try and find rational explanations that they try hard to find ways to make it so real we have to believe.

Feralfae what an amazing message of hope and comfort from Doug, what a wonderful man. I thank him and you for it.

Haryleyquinn, I am so happy you felt your beloved. You don't have to prove it to us, we believe you totally. There is no doubt in my head Michael came to lift the burden of grief from you to provide comfort. Only HE can do that for you in your grief and he did.

What would happen if you listened to your heart instead of your head, dear one, and accepted it for what it was? 

Haryleyquinn, I am so happy you felt your beloved. You don't have to prove it to us, we believe you totally. There is no doubt in my head Michael came to lift the burden of grief from you to provide comfort. Only HE can do that for you in your grief and he did.

What would happen if you listened to your heart instead of your head, dear one, and accepted it for what it was? 

Thank you :) I knew everyone here would believe me, in that moment I didn't know if I believed me.....part of me really did believe it was in my head.

since that post, the overwhelming guilt has not returned. I miss him every moment of every day...but he has  lifted the guilt from me. 

Edited by Harleyquinn

I know this question sounds ridiculous because if we all knew the answer we would all find comfort all of the time, but grief makes you sound ridiculous some or all of the time, so I am going to ask it anyway. Does anyone have any idea how I can best encourage a sign, visit, ANYTHING from my husband? I received several signs - including one big one - from my Mom, but nothing remotely tangible from my husband as yet and I feel bereft.....

Debi- because I don't really know how to truly encourage a sign, I just talk to Michael and ask for signs. that being said, I haven't had any big signs- not even dreams (which is weird bc I would dream about him before he passed) 

I have had a couple of moments where, i think, i could feel him. So for now, I just talk to him and hope when he is ready he will give me a sign 

Edited by Harleyquinn

Marty's posts on communications have a couple key tips........one that was passed onto me by a Priest had to do with giving thanks before for the contact. Almost putting " your Better Half" on the spot to make contact.....If we are talking Dream contact there are a few things we must do to set things up enhance good peaceful sleep......Prayer and soulful conversation, no distractions(TV Off and no light), and fall asleep thinking about the  Loved one you want to contact....You are the Receiver.....Good Dreams

Debi,

I don't think you need to worry about upsetting him.  They are no longer mortal and are therefore no longer limited to our finite minds/bodies, so their perceptions are greatly enhanced, they view things differently.  I don't think they'd be upset by what we're going through so much as have a desire for us to be at peace.  I have felt George encouraging and comforting me throughout my journey...not a physical or audible presence, but something from within.