Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My heart goes out to Paris

So horrible what has happened!  160 dead?!  My sister used to live there, it hits home.  How can this happen in such a peaceful place?!  Praying for victims's families...

Bad things happen to good people. That's what someone told me early on my grief's journey.  Doesn't help much though.  I keep thinking of the one's left behind and the new members to grief. That's what gets me. This still grieving person.  Watching a wounded people come together is so heartwarming but the tragedy stands looking down on them.  I get confused too scba. Why is hate now growing stronger every day?  I listened to a young Frenchman playing the piano on a street in Paris. It was dark outside. He was playing "Imagine" by John Lennon. We seem to be so hell and gone from that concept. I wouldn't give a damn about myself cause I'm cool to go. It's my kids and grandkids I worry about and I'm really scared. If I didn't know better and I don't, I'd call this a world war. We used to think it would be with nukes. Oh well, as my Canadian wife would have said..."I think I'll just have another beer".  By the way, she didn't drink beer.

I'm not much of a religious person Kay but I still pray for them.

I sent out my hand made Christmas cards last week.  They were magnetic angels holding a banner that reads "Peace on Earth".  I couldn't think of a more fitting message to give.

2015-10-16 Angel 001.jpg

angels.JPG

• Upvote 1

I love these Kay.  My hands are so shaky I cannot do crafts, but I sure love those that others can do.  In my younger years I could look at a dress and go home and cut me a pattern out of newspaper and make that dress.  My mom taught me how.  Now, I cannot thread a needle even with a needle threader.  I have a hard time writing, but I can still type, so I retain some use of my hands.  I was going to say "all is not lost" but as we all know, at this time I am thinking it is.  Here's to happier times and the sun coming out.

I just entered an Accucut contest but there's heavy competition!  :)  It was fun making them, and it's de-stressing, so I figure it's a win-win, as the recipients can enjoy them too!

What's an Accucut contest? All I can say is, competition or not I'd buy them to send to all my friends. 

Still people are trying to locate loved ones in Paris. There is a heartbreaking 'Recherche' (searching for) hashtag on Twitter with photos. Our language school has quite a following on Twitter so I keep retweeting them  on the off chance that someone can help. Sadly, I was ill in bed on Saturday and retweeted one person's plea and then received a response later that he was one of the victims. Can't understand why there are still people not identified yet.

We have to accept that there are people living in our midst who despise our way of life , it is really frightening. 

So horrible what has happened!  160 dead?!  My sister used to live there, it hits home.  How can this happen in such a peaceful place?!  Praying for victims's families...

God bless those innocent victims!

Gold Cross

I read on facebook there is over 4.2 million Children displaced in the last 5 years.......this will compound the existing problems for another generation and only fester more hate for our way of life and freedoms.......

According to USA Today : "More people from every corner of the globe have been uprooted by war, persecution or natural disasters than ever before in history.

That amounts to 55 million people "forcibly displaced" at the end of 2014, according to the United Nations Refugee Agency. That doesn't count tens of millions more in poverty who are voluntarily seeking a better life elsewhere."

Debi, Accucut is a company that sells dies (for die cutting), it's my hobby making cards, through stamping and die cutting.  They have a holiday contest on the best entry.

Janka, at first they reported up to 160 dead, the latest I've heard is 128, but many more injured.  

Kevin and Brad, in reading your posts about children displaced, it made me think of the bill passed before the house about changing their mind about letting refugees from Syria and Iraq in until they can have some kind of protective plan in place.  The sad thing is, like Nancy Pelosi said, there ARE women and children needing to flee to some place safe.  Sometimes I wish there were easier answers...

:)