Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Introducing a Miracle

Introducing Gracelee MaryBeth born last night at 7:36pm so tiny at only 28 1/2 weeks.  Katie started more labor and though efforts were made it couldn't be stopped and the baby girls vitals were worsening.  She is not intubated.  Breathing her own air with help of a nasal cannula.  She's absolutely perfect.  Obviously scary as Katie and Allen lost their twins at an earlier stage last summer.  No more babies for them.  Katie just can't handle it.  So the two boys and now Gracelee, a true rainbow baby indeed.  Me as her Grampy am over the moon.  Allen got to see her today.  He's still in the hospital from the car accident.  I can't tell you how happy she is breathing though she won't be going home anytime soon.  My heart is bursting :wub::D

Butch. 

image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

What an absolutely beautiful baby, Butch. I am so glad Allen got to see her. And I know you are overjoyed. Best wishes to Katie. I know there is much celebrating going on ~ thank you for sharing this good news. :wub:

Anne

• Upvote 2

What a precious little angel you are, dearest Gracelee MaryBeth!
Welcome to this world!
Warmest congratulations to your proud Grandpa,
and best wishes to your Mommy, your Daddy,
and to your two big brothers too! 

86b983e4ce4292b018a39a2ca4cc8a45.jpg

• Upvote 5

Oh Butch, thank you for sharing her with us!  We welcome the good news and are so glad she went every day that she did before entering this world, it means her survival, and we rejoice with you over it!  I'm so glad Allen was able to see his baby girl today.  Please give him our best and tell him our prayers go with him.

You have a beautiful family!

• Upvote 2

Thank you all

i got to hold her this morning.  She is a true miracle.  Doing so well.  It's hard being in the same NICU that we lost Lila and Lily.  I sat with Gracelee and told her of her sisters and her Grammy Mary.  I'm so overwhelmed with hope and joy.  

• Upvote 2

Oh Butch, I'm so glad you got to hold her.  Have the boys gotten to see her yet?  I can't wait until Allen is healed, Katie and Gracelee are home and you can begin to settle into a new routine.  I hope all of this isn't draining finances too horribly, with Allen being out of work and the medical bills piling up.  At least you have each other and all of the other stuff will work its way out.

• Upvote 1

Little Gracie is 6 days old.  Good things come in small packages.  She's a true miracle with mighty strength.  None of us have gotten to see her the last two days as the stomach virus is flying through the house with me, Katie, and both boys.  Allen had seen her as he is in the hospital.  We can see her again when no signs of the flu are present and no fevers for 48hrs.  It's very hard on Katie as momma. But we can't take the chance.  Allen held his little princess today and fell deeper in love.  We are all in love.  She has some obstacles but she's thriving through it all.  

I very much miss my Mary and wish she were here to enjoy this.  It's hard to believe she's been gone 14mos on the 9th. :(

Butch 

• Upvote 3

Butch, I'm so glad your son got to hold her and is able to be with her!  I'm sorry the stomach flu is going around your house though. :(  Get well soon!!

• Upvote 1