Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Important dates

If I had a fence, I'd get a goat! :)  Right now my neighbor is mowing my back yard with his riding tractor, takes him about 45 minutes, but even so, there's tons of weed whacking to be done, that's much more work.  When I mowed my own lawn it took longer because I did it right, he skips a lot of places I used to do.  It'll be about two more years before I can afford another mower and that's if all goes well.

10 cents/hour, that's funny!  My dad took a fence down when I was a kid and he paid me a penny a nail (I picked up).  That was good wages then, you could get a candy bar for 2-5 cents!

• Upvote 2

I have 1.5 acres. I finally after 2 and half weeks decided to just text my step son. I asked him if he was going to mow soon because my yard looked like a jungle. He lives in the house on the main road and I live behind him on the side road. He told me he would do it this weekend. But then he came tonight and did it.

• Upvote 3

I'm glad, Polly!  I know what a relief it must have felt like!

• Upvote 1

Mine is being mowed today.  Wish I had a magic energy pill.  You know in the 1970's those amphetamines were magic energy pills.  They would kill me now, but I sure could use some of that energy.  Butch's mama's sad refrain of "being tired" comes to mind and just going to sleep.  I do that each night.  I take my Xanax and my Clonidine and I just go to sleep.  I have a fear of my granddaughter finding me like I found Billy.  I will not put that back into my mind.  I can happily say, I can fight that image and the guilt off because it would kill me and it seems, I do have miles to go before I sleep.  Don't laugh at me God, I have not got set plans, I am just throwing away as I go along.  Just shaking the bushes boss. (Bet you all cannot remember where that came from.)

• Upvote 3

I've been using the "failure to communicate" line ever since the movie came out.:D It applies to so many situations doesn't it?

• Upvote 1

Somehow "Cool Hand Luke" and "Shawshank Redemption" resonates with all of us.  There are good people in horrible situations and there are horrible people in swanky situations.  I have always heard that God says "Vengeance is Mine."  I am a terrible person because I want to be hiding behind a wall when I see these terrible people having "vengeance" distributed.  

• Upvote 1

Marg,

Years ago when my first husband left me for another woman, I was thinking of ways to get back at them and my roommate quoted that scripture to me ("Vengeance is Mine, saith the Lord.").  I immediately came back with, "Okay, Lord, I have a whole bunch of great ideas!" :D  

• Upvote 4

Kay, I think I am a Christian, but I think I must be a mean one.  When they tell me Karma will take care of something, that just does not seem enough for me.  I think if I was reincarnated, I must have been one of those traveling hangmen that wore the big top hat like in a James Stewart western.