Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My significant other died suddenly at his home Sat, July 9, six days ago. So lonely, and havent gone back to office - partly because of stomach upset! I saw on the internet that grief can cause a lot of physical symptoms. Im really trying to get back - im dressed, a little makeup on, and to me, thats at least some progress. Hes been the love of my life for ten years and i cant imagine being without him like this. Thx for listening. 

• Upvote 2

I am so sorry for the loss of your SO.  It is the hardest thing in the world to lose the person you love, your other half, your best friend and partner.  I hope you'll take some time to read through some of the threads so you can realize you are not alone.  (Most of us who have lost our partner to death have posted in "Loss of a Spouse, Partner, or Significant Other" section, whereas a lot of the "Loss of a Love Relationship" threads are about breakups.)  I want to welcome you to this site, this is a safe place to feel heard and understood.

Yes, grief can bring about physical symptoms.  See http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/03/physical-reactions-to-loss.html

• Upvote 2

I don't know the details, but depending upon how "formalized" and public your relationship with this person was, a loss like this can leave you feeling invisible, with nowhere to take your grief. I hope you know that you are always welcome here.

You might find this article helpful (as well as the Related Articles listed at the base): Disenfranchised Grief: Mourning The Loss of a Dream 

• Upvote 2

Poncho, I'm so sorry for the loss that has brought you here. Losing your partner is such an all encompassing and truly devastating event. Don't worry about getting right back to work. Don't push yourself or feel pressured into doing that. Six days ago your world changed forever. You just need to take care of you right now. Try to get as much rest as you can and drink plenty of fluids. I've learned from my own loss of my darling wife Tammy that tears can be dehydrating. Keep posting here whenever you feel the need. It's a caring, supportive group and we're all in this together. Again, my sincere condolences on the loss of your significant other.

Mitch

• Upvote 4

Hello Poncho,

When I was newly widowed in January, I was feeling some of what you have written here.  I know the devastation of losing your 'everything' person and how difficult it is just to get up in the morning.  

Your needs must come first now, you don't want to become ill or too run down, please take care of yourself.  I am glad you found this safe place to come and read and share as you wish.

Marita

• Upvote 4

You have found the right place.  The people are understanding because they know your pain.  Keep reading and posting and sorry you have to join us, but like I said, it is good we have this forum to come to.  So sorry for your loss. 

• Upvote 3

I wish with all my heart you did not have to be here for this site means you lost your soulmate, I lost my husband on May 17 and it feels like a pain I can not explain, I am considered  raw in my grief to I wish with all my heart I could take your pain away, I have learned so much from these amazing people. I know that no one can make the pain disappear that in time we will learn to live with it and hopefully find peace I am along ways away I cry everyday and feel so empty but I have a sense of hope that one day I will be ok, for me personally that meaning accepting my Kevin being gone, still feeling sad at times but also feeling happy because of the love we shared. Post often it truly helps. You are not alone.

• Upvote 5

Welcome, Poncho,I

We are glad you found the group and there are many resources here to help you.  You are not alone.  Please come and visit , read, and share as you are able. Praying peace, and comfort for you.  Shalom

• Upvote 5