Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Like a dream

I've always said I don't know if I'll have another partner.

For the last 2 weeks a friend of my grief/swim friend who I've mentioned here before was visiting. Long story short, we made an instant connection, spent a lot of time together, and, tho we carefully avoid the "L" word, fell in love. I've had my only truly happy days since Susan died. That's crazy enough, but there's a lot more. Last Th morning I went with her to the airport and said goodbye. On Th afternoon, I had a session with Cindi the psychic, which I'd scheduled long before I met her. Here is part of what Cindi "read" from Susan. Not making this up: 

Susan loves me like crazy. Her primary message is that I will have another soulmate.  Susan will send me another soulmate.  Doesn’t want me to be alone.  I need to do more work and can’t do it alone. Spirit Susan is always with me but I need flesh and blood and a link to the earth. Susan is very enthusiastic about that and does not have jealousy. Thoughts of another soulmate come from Susan. No casual dating for PB.  The person Susan sends and I will recognize each other immediately.  Spirit Susan still will visit me but  only when I’m alone, she wiil respect boundaries. 

So Th morning I wake up with my new love for the first time and Th afternoon Susan says thru Cindi that she will send me a new soulmate and we'll recognize each other immediately? What is that? Crazy? Amazing? Ridiculous? Being a scientist I'm more skeptical than most, but this is too much to deny. I think Spirit Susan really spoke to me, and I think there's a good chance my new soulmate is here. Unfortunately "here" for me is Boston and she lives in Albuquerque! We're talking about how to handle the long distance relationship but it seems challenging. I know I'm in some danger because if this heads south combining grief with relationship angst wd be a nightmare.

This feels like a dream, and she says it too. I feel like unseen forces are guiding my life. I'd like to hear what you think. Feel free to say  "Tom🐼 you have freaking lost it!"

• Like 2

Tom,. I understand that loneliness is terrible.  If you can find another, go for it.  I do not think anything like that is possible for me.  I am 79.    I am very lonely and miss Al so much.  I had the best for me and will be content with that.    I miss the physical love we shared.  I think it is great that you have that immediate connection.  My only advice would be that you take it slowly to be sure.  You are right...grieving plus relationship issues would be a disaster for you.  Others on this site have found love again.  You will figure out the distance problems.  Wishing you well!!   Gin

• Like 2

Tom,

No, you haven't lost it. I think that is great. I have been saying that Richard must have brought Bill into my life. I swear sometimes he will say something and I'm like, OMG! I swear it is the exact thing Richard would have said. Bill also lost his girlfriend of 20 years. Although things are on hold with us right now. My youngest, who is 18 and just graduated from high school was in a bad car accident on July 7. She never was thrilled that I was dating Bill. Anyway, I told Bill we had to take a break because right now my daughter needs me to take care of her. 

• Like 2

Tom,

I can only say how happy I am for you, both that Susan is looking out for you, and that you have someone to share in life with.  I only wish you weren't halfway across the country from each other!  That almost sounds crazy funny, doesn't it, ironic!  But you can talk to each other, maybe facetime, visits, until you figure out what to do.  Are you both retired?

I don't believe feelings like jealousy are part of the next realm so it makes sense to me that Susan is wanting your best and not hung up in jealousy.  I can't imagine not feeling jealous and possessive with George, even now, but I know we evolve when we reach what is next for us.  Good luck to both of you!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, but nobody commented on the "coincidence" of us saying goodbye in the morning and me getting the message that Susan would send me someone on the same afternoon!!! I'm still amazed by that. This skeptical 🐼 is wondering if the psychic hacked my phone & learned about us. What do you think? Can spirits actually do these things? 

Gin, we sort of have to take it slow, with the separation. I suppose it could be a good thing. kayc, she's done with her longtime job but is looking for a new career. I'm working but have an extremely flexible schedule. So we can visit & she might even end up in MA, but for now making a plan seems challenging. Must trust that it will work out. Enough amazing things have happened already! Thanks again my friends, TomPB

• Like 1

Tom, when Billy left he took that magical, mystical, imaginative side of me with him.  He was never superstitious, he would not  have even thought of going to a psychic, me either.  But, you and I do not share the same feelings about "faith."  Not everyone is alike.

All I can tell you is that you, being in a humid city, better make sure you have a water cooled A/C in Albuquerque.  You see, Albuquerque and surrounding New Mexico area was our  favorite place to be, ever.  It is magnificent seeing the  Sandia's from any place you stand.  Old Town is wonderful.  The Rio Grande is breath taking.  To be in love with this city and the Sandia's as a backdrop as the city lights come on will only magnify your feelings.    

Follow your heart, you do not need any of our approval or disapproval, but  yes, it was a strong "coincidence."  

• Upvote 1

Marg, I’m totally open minded re any “faith”. What I’ve told are FACTS namely, 1. new woman walks into my life w instant connection, and 2. on the day we say good bye psychic says Susan says she will send me a new soulmate who I will recognize immediately. I’d like to hear all comments on that, regardless of perspective. It stuns me. 

No place away from the ocean can be my favorite, but ABQ is in my future. I think the AC you mention is what my friend calls her “swamp cooler” :)

Now why couldn't a gal from the "swamps" remember that?  I knew what it was called Tom, just could not think of  the name at the moment.  

Lightening really does hit the same place twice.  

2 hours ago, Marg M said:

Lightening really does hit the same place twice.  

Absolutely, but there have been too many "coincidences" in my life lately for me to believe it's random. I am such a skeptical earth bound scientist 🐼 that me being the one thinking a spirit spoke to me is a role reversal beyond belief, LOL. 

• Like 1

Coming from New Mexico, swamp coolers are the greatest things.  Not that ice chill of AC.  

Tom, it will be a climate and environment change.  I, personally, miss the desert beauty having grown up there.  Seattle is gorgeous green, but storms are more bothersome with the huge trees and winds.  You won’t likely get snowed in in ABQ either.  No humidity like the east coast.  

All I know is when I fell in love with Steve I could live just about anywhere.  I only pulled the plug on Omaha because of bugs, horrible temps all year and utter boredom coming from 'big towns'. Steve felt the same so the test held.  Don’t know what would have happened if we disagreed it was time to skeedaddle despite the good job.  Being partners, tho, those thing fall in place with likes and dislikes.  That’s what makes them so special.  Glad you are taking it slow.  Is she’s the one, she won’t be going anywhere.  I don’t know how old you are but we did the long distance thing for a year and it was actually fun with the anticipation of seeing each other every 2 weeks. But we were in our 20's then.

• Like 2

Not sure I put all that much stock in coincidences either.  Never been to a psychic because of my beliefs so wouldn't put much stock by that either, but as for the instant connection, that's how it was with George and I.  We started as friends but the connection was amazing and undeniable.  I couldn't picture my life without him.

Wd not be surprised if the priests from my youth wd tell me I’ll burn in hell for talking to a psychic. Anyway she said I had an instant total connection w Susan b/c we have been together in many previous lives. Feels a bit like that now. 

On 8/13/2018 at 6:30 AM, TomPB said:

Wd not be surprised if the priests from my youth wd tell me I’ll burn in hell for talking to a psychic.

:D  I hear ya there!  I don't know about that, but it was drummed into me so much I still don't go there.

• 2 weeks later...