Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Sanity Needed Vents

I know, it'd be great even if it was just two words, I'm okay.
I'm sorry you're going through it with your teeth, no one ever wants to repeat any part of that.  I had a partial made in 2010 and had to have it made again a year later...that time on my dentist, no ins. coverage.

• Sad 1

Just spent 4 frustrating hours with 4 different "chat" people at Cox. I hate those. Trying to get my programming straightened out. Every movie or program I selected was bringing up the wrong thing or an error code. I LOVE IT! They raise my price to $260 and I can't even watch tv. One of the idiots actually though I was trying to cancel the service! Not to be prejudiced, but evidently "Abdul" doesn't get the English language. Finally #4 was able to solve the problem. Back to being calm and I don't have to go out and shoot someone.

Not that this is an earth shaking problem, just that watching tv is mostly what I do. Really exciting life here.  lol

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 6:13 PM, kayc said:

no ins. coverage.

I had insurance and still had to wait about four weeks.  I promise you, when they brought in the upper and lower plates they were gray, not even a whitish gray.  It was like it was Halloween.  I did not even put them in my mouth.  Told them it was on them, make another pair.  Now, this dentist came recommended to me.  About  two weeks for the next ones.  Never went back. 

• Sad 1

Good morning, all!  Wondering where everyone is! 

Thursday was a day from hell for me, Costco a nighmare, people kept running into little Kodie with his bright red service vest, one person ran into his paw and he yelped.  I got over to the next town to get groceries and discovered I'd left his leash in their cart. I tried five times calling before getting anyone who gave a rip.  Meanwhile, drove back there.  The guy told me to park by the curb, which earned me an evil eye from a lady who thought I should be arrested as that was surely against the law!  A waist leash is all I can manage, no hand held ones with my loss of strength and injuries, and no idea where to get another.  Too warm to leave him in the car, my only way to walk him!  Lo and behold, he found it.  The hold up cost me 1 1/2 hours!  Went to Winco, bought bare minimum (still cost as much as usual) made the long trek home, put everything away, went to Iris' to clean out her refrigerator, home to eat dinner and realized I forgot the veg. drawer so decided to go back and finish the next day.  (Went on the compost pile)  What a day!  They'll be gone 3 1/2 weeks.  

They found possible skin cancer on my face, she sprayed it (which never helps) wants me to come back in a month to do a biopsy only they have no appts so I switched to another doctor who has openings and requested referral from my PCP and records to be sent from my now previous doctor.  They don't make it easy, you have to call a network not the actual place.  Sigh.  Gone are the days...I used to work for a doctor and we actually answered the phone!  Took care of people timely, took care of records, everything.  Here's an idea:  we were HELPFUL!  That's what's missing nowadays everywhere.

Ordered a spare leash from Chewy, supposed to arrive yesterday.  This morning I get an update it won't be here until Monday.  Is this everyone's usual?  I bet it is!  What was it doing in Portland from Thursday night on?  Not moving.  (FedEx)

Hope you all are having a better week than I have!  Miss you all!

Hey Kay! Bad day for you, for sure.

Nothing noteworthy happening here. Same old, same old.

A big problem with customer service is that no one listens to what you are saying. Their brain is somewhere else. With the big companies, it could be that they can't understand you any better than you understand them. Heaven forbid that their customer service reps should reside in the U.S.A.  Haven't had that problem with medical calls yet but you never know what's coming.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kayc said:

Is this everyone's usual?

Sorry to say, it is.   Would tell you about Friday, but I get too carried away.  Maybe that is what is needed.  Too many people depend on me.  Billy said one of us had to stay.  I wonder, his sister and nephew are fighting (one a losing battle) dementia.  They are about one and three years younger than me.  He had (unjokingly) asked me if I ever worried about his "facilities."  Of course he meant faculties.  I wonder.  But, I wonder about mine too.  We always had Gwen to try to shore up and now we just wonder where she has gone and if someone is really taking care of her.  Y'all take care.  

• Like 1
  • Like Copy 1

Yes, well I haven't found any obituaries so that's a start.  

I think a lot of us worry about our "facilities" anymore.  Part of aging I guess.

I miss Gwen.  Her everydayness became part of ours.

Woke up at midnight, went to the bathroom, came and laid back down...nada.  Got up at 2.  This is getting old.

Oh my gosh it's here in the medical, it's horrid.  No decent service anywhere, everything has gone downhill.  We're all just a number

Thank you Karen.  Honestly, Gwen was so alive in all her pain and then we all worried about the influence of the new caretaker/friend.  She was just so here today and all of a sudden gone and it just isn't right.  She was not one to go quietly.  

• Like 1

My heart goes out to her wherever she is.  

It was in regard to what I had to go through Thursday/Friday, in my post.

So my skin cancer fell off, first time ever that freezing worked! So I changed my hard earned doctor's appt. to May. ;)

Generator wouldn't start after putting 5 gal. gasoline in it, figure I cranked too much before figuring out it was out of gas.  Took two days to connect with neighbor, got his battery tender on it, like the one I just gave away with my truck.  Ordered another one.  Outdoor socket is fried so used indoor one, which props door open, wouldn't you know, someone burned a LOT yesterday, air was 169!  Idiot, on one of the last sunshiney days.  Air 169.  So had to close the house and unplug the generator from the battery, so annoying!

Jack's son stacked the firewood, so will walk down and pay him today, didn't do as Jack talked about, new mixed in with old, oh well, will make do.  No idea why they even brought would if they did it that way.  The point was to use the firewood on the side that is falling over so it can be restacked with new wood.  Will still try to use that wall up this year.k

Got my tires switched, can't get wheels put on the snow tires for free swapping, instead it cost me $85, but I can't lift them with wheels in them, no strength, so have to pay $170/year for naught.

Iris finally remembered where she has a key, so have to walk back down and look for it (under a rock on the dirt?!) today, who knows.  Got her multitude of plants watered, took an hour.  Ugh, she owes me big time, still have nearly two weeks left, nearly two down.

Crazy week so far.  Sunday night I got a text that a friend's youngest son was found dead, he took himself out of the hospital, had something wrong with his leg, guess it killed him, they're still doing toxicology...only 29.  I can't imagine the hell she's going through.  You never think you'll lose one of your kids.

Oh and George and my picture fell off the wall, turns out the clasp was on cardboard!  Pulled it over the years.  Expensive frame, cheap hanger.  My neighbor put another one on, so I have it up again.

So how is your week going?  I won't have sugar here but I have DQ sundae coupons to hand out tonight.  Happy Halloween you all!

good morning goblin.gif

• Like 2

You do manage to keep busy up on your mountain.  Nothing going on here except it finally got cold.  Took my sister for her chemo, weight only 90.  She can't get it to come up. That is four more than it has been.

Kelli's little fur-baby is 14.  She is deaf, can hardly see, and has a hard time breathing.  I dread this.  At the vet two weeks in a row.  They call her a miracle pup.  I know Kelli is going to be so sad.  We all will be, but she has been her constant companion for 14 years.  

That's all I have.  Go to doc next week, blood work and he listens everywhere.  That's about it.

• Like 2

I banged my head hard on a large stone looking for Iris' key, my sister thinks I have a concussion but no, just bad bruising and torn skin and hurt ego.  The hard part was getting up (I was partly under the house).

Marg, that will be very hard when she loses her, it'd kill me to lose Kodie, darn near did when I lost my sweet Arlie..Kodie is with me 24/7, my constant companion.

Sunday we were on the platform (he's my service dog) leading morning worship and the pastor gave announcements...when he mentioned we'd have potluck and business mtg after church, you could tell Kodie was listening as he licked his chops!  That gave us a good laugh.

My friend Laurel got a call Sunday night, her 29 year old son was found dead.  No foul play. It'll take months to find out the cause, they're backed up. They have no $ so I took some of mine from saving for the back of the carport and paid for his cremation.  Praying God will keep holding up my carport.

• Like 1

My sister may be right, thought I just got it on my forehead (big knot, discoloration and tearing of the skin), this morning I discovered  I also hit the top of my head and side of it.

She'd told me "under a rock" but I looked under all the rocks, nothing...THEN I found it was actually a keyholder so you had to look on the bottom of it, not under it.  Had I known that this never would have happened. 

Thank you, Marg.  Sorry folks, no one else to talk to.

• Like 1

No, I'm okay, I know what to look for, I'm just in a lot of pain.  No visual changes, no nausea, no headache, just one very tender head all over!  :D  Will hurt for a long while.

• Sad 1

Why I don't go to the doctor:

doctor.jpg

• Like 1

You have certainly had your share of scrapes, jabs, cuts, dog bites, and wounds.  I guess saying "be careful" is too late.  I agree, you have slept and woke up from the head hit and know what to look for.  Maybe a soft pair of gloves under workmen's gloves would help with all of your activities.  When I go out around the apartments I take two hiking stix along with me.  Yet, my closest calls have been getting out of bed in the morning, legs stiff, have to sit down a few times and then get back up.  We are accidents, trying to just mobilize safely.  It is not easy.  

Of course you are up to date on your tetanus shot, I hope.  (I'm not, but will get one next week when I go to doc.) 

Yes, up to date on tetanus but you don't get that from a bump on the head, nor would gloves have helped, and not something you can plan for really.  It's my head not my hands this time.