Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hello I Am New

I am a worrier also, mostly keep it inside, I know thats not very healthy, I was inspired again by the passage, God addresses anything our hearts may seek. about the spell check, I been using firefox for a long time and it spell checks within the browser, a nice alternative to MS and its free, Derek, I been on the meds for 2 months and recently found it makes me lethargic but I rather myself to be that than spending $5 a pack of cigarettes and getting emphysema again :wacko: When I skip my bipolar meds I sink down with a ligering depression that my wife used to buffer, been missing my doses alot, anyone have a idea how to remember?

Blessings,

William

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy, Derek and Kay

And I thought I had the market cornered on worrying. I'm a constant worrier. I can so relate but like each of you, I often wonder why I worry so much now. It hasn't changed a thing except cause my blood pressure to go out the roof. I did go make a will last week because I worried about that every since Will died and now I am worried the people in it won't do as I have instructed which is to take care of my little dog Layla. I don't count on tommorow, it may never come. I worry about the house, the yard, the snow, the holidays coming up, all of the what if's. Will could always calm my worries but now I have to do it alone. How do you do it?

Suzanne

Hey William, just a thought, I was forgetting also, so I have Larry's watch and it sits on my microwave. I sit my medicine bottle within the band of this watch. When I see it sitting there I know I haven't taken it yet. I move it away, after I take it and start over again the next day. I know I always look over at his watch during the day, thinking of him, so its a gentle reminder for me. Deborah

Thanks my friends, that is something that I will do, perhaps put the pillbox in the bedroom and something cherished next to it :)

Suzanne,

I don't know how the estate process works, but could you retain a probate attorney that will step in, or a trustee? Someone you trust completely? would that relieve the pressure with that?

William

William

You really need to take your medications, I don't take any so I don't have any advice. A pill box sounds like a good idea. Will never knew what he took, he depended on me to keep up with it, I always put everything in a cup we got from the hospital and brought it to him with his breakfast and dnner eery night. I don't have a clue about the estate process and I don't trust anyone completely anymore. I went blindly into doing the will process just as I have everything else. This was some attorney at Senior Citizens that if you are 55 you qualify. He even called me a widow, which I hate. Sounds like a spider and I told him so. Must be a better name for us.

Suzanne

William,

I think that the weekly pill bottle works the best and then keep it somewhere where you will see it. I only have one pill to take a day and Carson as well so it is pretty easy because we have a routine in the mornings, I find that when we are out of our routine I sometimes forget. Karen was on a lot of meds and I took care of them for her, we had a morning box and a night box. On Sunday nights I would sit and put the pills into each day.

Suzanne,

I wish I could help you on that one, if there isn't anyone you can trust to fulfill your final wishes then I really don't know what to say. Just try not to look too far ahead, that makes it too easy to start worrying just concentrate on today face each holiday one by one. For now, concentrate on Halloween. That is the holiday that is the closest. Don't worry about the others right now.

Love always

Derek

Suzanne,

Through my loss I became distrustful too due to the issues with her friends stabbing me any way they can, I been thinking of a will also since I am not really 100% healthy, been debating what to do, I might give all my assets to the cervical cancer research or something of the like, my family won't get a dime. I agree, the widow/widower is too negative a word, what about survivor of a loved one? I even thought, perhaps if there is a beneficiary, they don't need to know that. Hope that helps

Your friend,

William

William,

I too have this problem with my medications, luckily I only have to take my pills once a day and my asthma inhalers I need to use 3x a day. When Steve and I would go to bed at night he would always get my meds for me and bring me a glass of water to take my meds. He always took good care of me. Sometimes now I fall asleep in the livingroom and don't take my meds till the next day and with Effexor that is not good. I have started since I don't have any young children keeping my pills on the bathroom sink where I can see them and take them as soon as I brush my teeth and that seems to be working out well. Suzanne isn't it something how all of us were the worriers and our spouses helped keep things in perspective or always solved the problems? Steve could always fix something or figure something out and I just have no clue ! He was my safety net and now I feel like a trapeze artist with no net under me ready to take the plunge any day. Derek I totally agree with you on the widow things (sounds like we are old people) and survivor, yes it sounds like we were in a horrible accident or freak of mother nature and we made it and they didn't ! Hey Deborah I heard it is not good to have a watch near a microwave, don't remember why though.

Wendy

I take meds every day and I have a two week pill box I put them in. I take all but two in the morning and the other two at night so I've gotten in the habit of taking them in a certain order, that way I know if something's amiss (like if I accidentally left one out). I do it in a routine, when I brush my teeth in the morning and again at night. If in doubt I check my pillbox to see if it's empty for that day.

I use Mozilla Firefox on one computer and have Internet Explorer on the other and I also prefer Mozilla Firefox.

"Will could always calm my worries but now I have to do it alone. How do you do it?" Those things that we counted on them for, those special ways of interacting, those are the things I've found irreplaceable. For now, all I can suggest is taking your worries to God...see if He won't calm and assure you.

Thanks Guys, I think a post-it on my forehead makes for a splendid idea, I think I overlook taking them is a problem but your solutions are better than what I have been doing.

Firefox is much safer and stable in my experience, nice alternative to the big business one,

Your friend,

William